Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘Real Indian’ Challenging Warren Sues City for Demanding He Remove ‘Fake Indian’ Sign

Exclamation ‘Real Indian’ Challenging Warren Sues City for Demanding He Remove ‘Fake Indian’ Sign

LOL.

I know he has no accent, but I can't help but hear his voice in a combination of Raj Koothrappali and Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

‘Real Indian’ Challenging Elizabeth Warren for U.S. Senate in MA Sues City for Demanding He Remove ‘Fake Indian’ Signs

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-indian-signs/

Shiva-Ayyadurai, a candidate for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts who describes himself as a “real Indian,” is suing the city of Cambridge for demanding he remove his signs that say his challenger, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), is a “fake Indian.

by KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ 24 Apr 2018

A candidate for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts who describes himself as a “real Indian” is suing the city of Cambridge for demanding he remove his signs that say his challenger, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), is a “fake Indian.”

Shiva Ayyadurai, who is running for the Senate as an independent, filed a federal lawsuit Sunday accusing the city of Cambridge of violating his First Amendment rights under the Constitution for demanding he remove his signs attacking Warren for her unfounded claims of Native American ancestry, the Washington Times reported.

Ayyadurai’s campaign bus, which has been parked for more than a month in front of an office building he owns, displays signs depicting the progressive Massachusetts senator in an Indian headdress next to a picture of himself with his campaign slogan: “Only a REAL INDIAN Can Defeat the Fake Indian.”

But this month, Cambridge building inspector Branden Vigneault sent Ayyadurai’s campaign a notice that said he lacked proper permitting, threatening a $300 per day fine and legal penalties if the campaign does not remove the signs.

Ayyadurai’s campaign argues the building code does not apply to his images because they are posted on a bus and not a brick-and-mortar structure.

“We will not remove the slogan from our bus,” Ayyadurai told the Times. “We will defend the First Amendment, and we will fight this egregious attack on the First Amendment, at any cost.”

Ayyadurai has made it a hallmark of his campaign to challenge Warren’s claims of Native American ancestry, which no documentation has proven.

As proof of her heritage, Warren pointed to a “family newsletter” from 2006, uncovered by an amateur genealogist. It stated that her third great-grandmother was a Cherokee Indian.

Warren’s campaign also claimed that the Massachusetts senator is Native American because her cousin Candy Rowsey edited a cookbook called Pow Wow Chow. A Boston talk radio show host found in 2012 that Warren may have plagiarized two recipes that she submitted to the cookbook.

Ayyadurai, meanwhile, is using the lack of documented evidence of Warren’s heritage to his advantage.

He pulled a campaign stunt in July 2017 where he sent Warren a 23&Me DNA ancestry test through Amazon, which she refused. Ayyadurai then posted a receipt on Twitter of his refunded purchase and wrote that he was “deeply saddened” the progressive Massachusetts senator refused his gift.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not exactly apropos to anything, but the politically correct Puritans and cultural Marxists have killed Apu.

$#@!ing Zombie Simpsons...the show that once skewered conventional wisdom on all sides and mocked rigid conformity, spearheaded by the "extreme" libertarian lead writer and long gone, John Schwartzwelder, now crimps and folds like a cheap Nehru jacket, by being rigidly conformist and conventional.

The Simpsons are dead...

Hank Azaria Is Willing to 'Step Aside' From Voicing Apu on The Simpsons Following Controversy

http://time.com/5253884/hank-azaria-the-simpsons-apu/

By CASEY QUACKENBUSH Updated: April 25, 2018 7:33 AM ET

Hank Azaria told Stephen Colbert on The Late Show Tuesday that he would be willing to “step aside” from voicing one of his characters following recent criticism.

Azaria voices Indian shopkeeper Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, who has been a character on the Fox television series since 1990. Controversy has brewed around the role since the release of a documentary last year called The Problem with Apu. Between the mannerisms and exaggerated accent, the documentary’s writer Hari Kondabolu said the character embodies racial stereotypes.

The Simpsons showrunners were largely silent about the criticism until one of the main characters appeared to make a passive reference to it in an episode that aired earlier this month, Variety reports. In the episode, ‘No Good Read Goes Unpunished,’ Lisa said, “something that started decades ago and was applauded and inoffensive is now politically incorrect.”

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not exactly apropos to anything, but the politically correct Puritans and cultural Marxists have killed Apu.

$#@!ing Zombie Simpsons...the show that once skewered conventional wisdom on all sides and mocked rigid conformity, spearheaded by the "extreme" libertarian lead writer and long gone, John Schwartzwelder, now crimps and folds like a cheap Nehru jacket, by being rigidly conformist and conventional.

The Simpsons are dead...
    Political & all other incorrectness is what they were all about. Well, I guess it was inevitable. They ran a good run tho.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Sugar,Free Donuts. ...its sugar, with free donuts.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Political & all other incorrectness is what they were all about. Well, I guess it was inevitable. They ran a good run tho.

@2:00 LOL - so right.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Not ex

Hank Azaria Is Willing to 'Step Aside' From Voicing Apu on The Simpsons Following Controversy

http://time.com/5253884/hank-azaria-the-simpsons-apu/

By CASEY QUACKENBUSH Updated: April 25, 2018 7:33 AM ET

Hank Azaria told Stephen Colbert on The Late Show Tuesday that he would be willing to “step aside” from voicing one of his characters following recent criticism.
    . That's a shame. For the most part actors and actresses are vastly overrated. Hank is one of the few I consider underrated. He's probably one of the best character actors out there. He does a wide range of accents and plays a wide roll of character s to the extent that he is totally unrecognizable from one movie to the next. I didn't realize, but am not surprised that he was the voice of Apu.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    @2:00 LOL - so right.
    Excellent episode.

Much Apu about Nothing

Also, @ 3:20 - Billy and the Cloneasaurus.

I looked into Ayyadurai yesterday... he is what passes for a conservative in Taxachussetts.
    Very first point on his issues page is how climate change is real, there are islands of garbage in the ocean, etc... he has the balls later to call himself an engineer.

I know he has no accent, but I can't help but hear his voice in a combination of Raj Koothrappali and Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
    Here's a fun fact for people who don't work with Indians.
    The common language in India is... English. There are at least 20 other languages spoken throughout India, and the one that they all know and can get around with, is English.
    The accents vary pretty wildly. I've worked with people who sound more or less exactly like Apu, and I've worked with people who have a pretty standard British accent.

The other thing I'd say about Indians is you can't really stereotype them, except for one thing I've noticed... in general, they tend to be much more unassuming than Americans. Americans do things all the time that you don't notice until you work with non-Americans a lot... like cutting people off in mid-sentence to tell them something that you think they need to know at that moment. It kind of drives me crazy because I expect that behavior from my US colleagues, but the Indian guys will wait until the conversation is over to bring up something that was germane two minutes ago.
    The ones that have lived in the US do pick up on the fact that that's how we work, though, and we're not just being pushy.

So that's the one thing I notice about
    Ayyadurai... if he's pulling stunts like this, he probably is pretty acclimated to the US.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Warren’s campaign also claimed that the Massachusetts senator is Native American because her cousin Candy Rowsey edited a cookbook called Pow Wow Chow. A Boston talk radio show host found in 2012 that Warren may have plagiarized two recipes that she submitted to the cookbook.
    So.......how is "pow wow chow" not racist?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Evidently Fauxcahontas, Elizabeth Warren diminished any authenticity this recipe book had as she plagerized her ‘contribution’ from chef Pierre Franey published in an 1979 edition of the New York Times. Mrs. Warren’s 1984 recipe ‘contribution’ for Cold Omelets with Crab Meat contains all 4 of the ingredients listed in his published recipe in the exact same portion. More significantly, her instructions are virtually a word for word copy of Chef Franey’s instructions from the 1979 article including specifying the use of a 7” Teflon pan.’

https://www.amazon.com/Pow-Wow-Chow-...dp/9996688445/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He is an ally. He's not a perfect libertarian but there's a night and day difference compared to Warren.

EDIT: He's speaking live on a radio program now.

Last edited by tommyrp12; 04-25-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Ask our resident Injun, @oyarde.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Warren is a progressive you silly man.

Everybody knows progressives cannot be racist or bigoted.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I looked into Ayyadurai yesterday... he is what passes for a conservative in Taxachussetts.
    Very first point on his issues page is how climate change is real, there are islands of garbage in the ocean, etc... he has the balls later to call himself an engineer.

Here's a fun fact for people who don't work with Indians.
    The common language in India is... English. There are at least 20 other languages spoken throughout India, and the one that they all know and can get around with, is English.
    The accents vary pretty wildly. I've worked with people who sound more or less exactly like Apu, and I've worked with people who have a pretty standard British accent.

The other thing I'd say about Indians is you can't really stereotype them, except for one thing I've noticed... in general, they tend to be much more unassuming than Americans. Americans do things all the time that you don't notice until you work with non-Americans a lot... like cutting people off in mid-sentence to tell them something that you think they need to know at that moment. It kind of drives me crazy because I expect that behavior from my US colleagues, but the Indian guys will wait until the conversation is over to bring up something that was germane two minutes ago.
    The ones that have lived in the US do pick up on the fact that that's how we work, though, and we're not just being pushy.

So that's the one thing I notice about
    Ayyadurai... if he's pulling stunts like this, he probably is pretty acclimated to the US.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Ask our resident Injun, @oyarde.
    I guess it would depend , I have not regularly attended since high school but I assume they might serve food at a modern pow wow which is basically a dance gathering these days . In this instance , yes , very racist .We do not eat quiche with crab as described in the gay warren recipe .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I guess it would depend , I have not regularly attended since high school but I assume they might serve food at a modern pow wow which is basically a dance gathering these days . In this instance , yes , very racist .We do not eat quiche with crab as described in the gay warren recipe .
    What do you eat quiche with?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to donnay again.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    Covered.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What do you eat quiche with?
    French toast and French Scalps .
    Do something Danke

He is an ally. He's not a perfect libertarian but there's a night and day difference compared to Warren.

[/video]
    He will lose by 25. The Republicans Massachusetts votes for are Romney, Weld, and Scott Brown. This guy seems more Michelle Bachmann.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    French toast and French Scalps .
    Mmmmmm, french scallops...

oh wait..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Mmmmmm, french scallops...

oh wait..
    Sometimes I go by a local Chinese place and get scallops wrapped it bacon with a Tsing Tao .
    Do something Danke

She will most likely beat him, but it seems like he will be more than happy to dig up the dirt on her before the 2020 Presidential Election. It might be an interesting campaign.

The Great Oyarde supports the Real Indian against the city of cambridge and warren .
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    He will lose by 25. The Republicans Massachusetts votes for are Romney, Weld, and Scott Brown. This guy seems more Michelle Bachmann.
    It won't be easy for sure. People seem to like him though and he's getting his name out there.

It won't be easy for sure. People seem to like him though and he's getting his name out there.

Great video!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tommyrp12 again."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

People Love to Pretend They’re Offended

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...heyre-offended

APR 28, 2018

The Simpsons creator Matt Groening seems to see nothing wrong with the show’s depiction of Apu, the Indian Kwik-E-Mart proprietor who speaks with a heavy accent and was the focus of comedian Hari Kondabolu’s documentary on the issue, The Problem with Apu. In an interview with USA Today, Groening states plainly that “people love to pretend they’re offended.”

Hank Azaria, who voices the world famous character of Apu, finally responded to the controversy last December, saying that “anybody that was hurt and offended by any character or vocal performance is really upsetting, that it was offensive or hurtful to anybody.”

While Kondabolu himself didn’t find these remarks substantial enough, and The Simpsons casually dismissed any validity of the issue in a recent episode, Azaria appeared on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert not too long back and said that his “eyes have been opened.” He added, “I’m perfectly willing and happy to step aside or help transition it into something new,” which Kondabolu—and others—thanked and appreciated him for.

Groening, on the other hand, is on the other end of the spectrum in regards to racial sensitivities and media portrayals of people of color. He seems to conflate any criticism of a character’s behavior or appearance with specific criticism—using the fact that audiences were angry with Bart’s mischievous personality but ultimately accepted it to defend the widely-criticized portrayal of Apu.

“Bart said he was ‘an underachiever and proud of it, man,’” said Groening. “Simpsons t-shirts were banned in grade schools. I felt that the controversy at the beginning of the show was, again, people pretending to be offended by Bart’s very mild sassiness. I knew it would blow over.” Of course, the overly sensitive reaction to a cartoon character that dislikes school and likes to use a slingshot was, let’s say, completely unnecessary. The same cannot entirely be said about his stance on the ever-brewing Apu controversy, as there are far more nuanced complexities to the matter.

When asked if he considered Apu’s portrayal an insensitive stereotype, he staunchly disagreed. “Not really,” he said. “I’m proud of what we do on the show. And I think it’s a time in our culture where people love to pretend they’re offended.”

Bump

Mass. city rescinds order to remove anti-Warren ‘fake Indian’ campaign signs

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...warren-fake-i/

That campaign sign dubbing Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren a “fake Indian” no longer faces an existential threat from the city of Cambridge, Massachusetts.
    Cambridge officials have withdrawn their April order calling for Independent Senate candidate Shiva Ayyadurai to remove banners on his campaign bus depicting Ms. Warren in a feathered headdress with the slogan, “Only a REAL INDIAN can defeat the fake Indian.”
    As a result, Mr. Ayyadurai filed a motion Thursday to drop his lawsuit accusing Cambridge of violating his free-speech rights, declaring it a “historic victory to protect your right to free speech.”

This real indian is quite a savage.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast