Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Many Amazon Warehouse Workers are on Food Stamps

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It is amusing that you are singling out Amazon and Walmart. The truth is that such unskilled workers for almost any business are on or eligible for food stamps. Especially if they have children.

The difference is Amazon could do something about it over small businesses that are financially unable to. This makes Jeff Bezo's an immoral scumbag. Amazon should be recognized for what they are rather than put on a pedestal because they have a decent UI.

If you have vast wealth and the employees that live in our community are starving, what would you do? Let the other poor taxpayers pickup the tax burden or step up and do something about it?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The difference is Amazon could do something about it over small businesses that are financially unable to. This makes Jeff Bezo's an immoral scumbag. Amazon should be recognized for what they are rather than put on a pedestal because they have a decent UI.

If you have vast wealth and the employees that live in our community are starving, what would you do? Let the other poor taxpayers pickup the tax burden or step up and do something about it
    ?
    It has worked out well for the Waltons (WalMart).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It has worked out well for the Waltons (WalMart).
    Yep, some here will give them cover to. They are detrimental to individual liberty.

If you have vast wealth and the employees that live in our community are starving, what would you do? Let the other poor taxpayers pickup the tax burden or step up and do something about it?
    The reason that Amazon is in the position that it is in, and has the wealth that it does, is because Jeff Bezos didn't give away all of the 'extra' money that he made. Also, if he did what you said, then some other company would immediately emerge to be Amazon 2.0, minus "Kahless Says You Gotta Be Nice" and guess what would happen?

Also, relevant meme:

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Amazon is an arm of the powers that be, the people who designed the system to socialize their costs and privatize all the profits, more government is not the solution but they deserve criticism and any private efforts to avoid using them.

AnCaps are all too willing to defend the oligarchs' left hand as long as it wears a sock puppet that is labeled "private enterprise".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The reason that Amazon is in the position that it is in, and has the wealth that it does, is because Jeff Bezos didn't give away all of the 'extra' money that he made. Also, if he did what you said, then some other company would immediately emerge to be Amazon 2.0, minus "Kahless Says You Gotta Be Nice" and guess what would happen?

Also, relevant meme:

His company wasn't making money for years (still isn't in its core business) , just people investing in it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Option C - Nothing. Labor is a commodity, the price rises and falls with demand.

Jeff Bezo's wealth 119.4 billion USD.

Yet his employees are on food stamps. If you have that kind of wealth and allow the taxpayers to pick the tab so your employees do not starve then you are a scumbag piece of $#@! with money.

Every post you made in reply to me indicates you support growing government and/or scumbaggery.

Yep, some here will give them cover to. They are detrimental to individual liberty.
    That's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Option C - Nothing. Labor is a commodity, the price rises and falls with demand.
    You do realize we are dealing with a unique historic monopoly entity such as Amazon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That's absurd.
    You clearly are giving Amazon/Bezo's cover.
    Last edited by kahless; 04-22-2018 at 07:33 PM.

People can always improve their skills and get better jobs.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It must be amusing to the oligarchs to see that even some of the sheep that decry the dogs and the butcher defend the shearer.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    People can always improve their skills and get better jobs.
    Monopolies taking over business sectors with help of their government counterparts make that more unlikely every passing day.

Amazon is an arm of the powers that be, the people who designed the system to socialize their costs and privatize all the profits, more government is not the solution but they deserve criticism and any private efforts to avoid using them.

AnCaps are all too willing to defend the oligarchs' left hand as long as it wears a sock puppet that is labeled "private enterprise".
    Exactly.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Monopolies taking over business sectors with help of their government counterparts make that more unlikely every passing day.
    I don't know about that. I guess they had the same opportunities I had. People can't wait until adulthood to begin being responsible. Education is the means to a better way of life. If students don't take advantage of the opportunities they have when they have them, it's really too bad.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    His company wasn't making money for years (still isn't in its core business) , just people investing in it.
    They're investing based on its perceived future competitiveness, future market share, and future profit.

All of which would be jeopardized if Comrade Kahless were its CEO.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I don't know about that. I guess they had the same opportunities I had. People can't wait until adulthood to begin being responsible. Education is the means to a better way of life. If students don't take advantage of the opportunities they have when they have them, it's really too bad.
    Which is all well and good unless the monopoly eliminates those opportunities or by design eliminates it to a select few.

They're investing based on its perceived future competitiveness, future market share, and future profit.

All of which would be jeopardized if Comrade Kahless were its CEO.
    Amazon dominating our economic system has become a competing government within the borders of the US. Your advocacy of Amazon makes you more closer to a Communist than I who is simply calling out their immorality while promoting Capitalism in an forum that is supposed to promote individual liberty and free markets. Which obviously with each your replies to me in the last year you repeatedly oppose.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Wages reflect what you produce.......................Unless you work for government.
    That doesn't seem to bear out at the top end where many executives seem ridiculously overpaid.

Even the bankruptcy negotiations for Toys R Us includes millions in bonuses to executives of a failed company. Sometimes the upper class seems to walk a fine line between investment and plunder.
    Last edited by VIDEODROME; 04-22-2018 at 08:08 PM.

You do realize we are dealing with a unique historic monopoly entity such as Amazon, right?
    Holy $#@!, read a history book sometime. Amazon has nowhere near the levels of government power that the robber barons did, and beyond that they have nowhere near the government influence that the current MIC has. It's not even close. You want to talk unique historic monopolies? Let's talk about United Launch Alliance. $1B per year direct government handout before charges for any launches.

As for monopolies, there is nothing, nothing that Amazon sells that you cannot get somewhere else. Often it's cheaper elsewhere as well.
    Pinochet is the model

Holy $#@!, read a history book sometime. Amazon has nowhere near the levels of government power that the robber barons did, and beyond that they have nowhere near the government influence that the current MIC has. It's not even close. You want to talk unique historic monopolies? Let's talk about United Launch Alliance. $1B per year direct government handout before charges for any launches.

As for monopolies, there is nothing, nothing that Amazon sells that you cannot get somewhere else. Often it's cheaper elsewhere as well.
    This^^ People buy from Amazon for the brand and convenience. Plenty of times I've bought from ebay, etc because the item in question was cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    That doesn't seem to bear out at the top end where many executives seem ridiculously overpaid.

Even the bankruptcy negotiations for Toys R Us includes millions in bonuses to executives of a failed company. Sometimes the upper class seems to walk a fine line between investment and plunder.
    "Seem" being the key word. They may well offer the value to the company they get paid for all you know. What people earn in the private sector is none of your damn business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is again giving cover to Amazon in the thread and oh wait there it is. I knew you would eventually go right back to MIC - the military industrial complex. No matter the subject you bring it right back to MIC. Now it is not that I disagree with allot the objections that comes up here about MIC but you have to wonder when no matter the subject is you divert the topic to off topic MIC which is irrelevant to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    "Seem" being the key word. They may well offer the value to the company they get paid for all you know. What people earn in the private sector is none of your damn business.

we have a "private sector?" news to me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    we have a "private sector?" news to me.
    I wish I lived in the same world that some RPF'er's believe we actually live in.

Doesn't it become the People's interest if a company is going before the courts because they're in such a mess?

This is again giving cover to Amazon in the thread and oh wait there it is. I knew you would eventually go right back to MIC - the military industrial complex. No matter the subject you bring it right back to MIC. Now it is not that I disagree with allot the objections that comes up here about MIC but you have to wonder when no matter the subject is you divert the topic to off topic MIC which is irrelevant to the discussion.
    What in the hell are you talking about? I gave two examples, one historical and one present day. Undoubtedly if I'd just mentioned the robber barons you'd dismiss that too. You're just throwing up some bull$#@! because you have zero argument.

This^^ People buy from Amazon for the brand and convenience. Plenty of times I've bought from ebay, etc because the item in question was cheaper.
    Just today I ordered something from Amazon which I could've gotten from eBay or Alibaba for half the price. The other options were your typical $0.99 'snail mail from China' deal, and I was willing to pay the extra $5 to get the thing in two days rather than two months.
    Pinochet is the model

What in the hell are you talking about? I gave two examples, one historical and one present day. Undoubtedly if I'd just mentioned the robber barons you'd dismiss that too. You're just throwing up some bull$#@! because you have zero argument.

Just today I ordered something from Amazon which I could've gotten from eBay or Alibaba for half the price. The other options were your typical $0.99 'snail mail from China' deal, and I was willing to pay the extra $5 to get the thing in two days rather than two months.
    You fail to recognize the magnitude for which there is no comparison. What I do know is you give monopolies and big government cover here when I post here to call it out.

You fail to recognize the magnitude for which there is no comparison. What I do know is you give monopolies and big government cover here when I post here to call it out.
    Maybe what kahless is referring doesn't mean just raw Government influence like the Robber Barons? Is Amazon in fact so big that they don't need much from government other than to stay out of their way?

Amazon might be considered historic from that financial resources and their huge presence on the net which is a different kind of power. I'm not sure if any other company is comparable for having this much of a presence without really having a brick and mortar storefront.

No, we aren't. They aren't a monopoly by any definition of the word. They aren't unique, either.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast