Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Democratic Party files suit alleging conspiracy by Trump campaign, Russia, WikiLeaks

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the DNC is upset that Wikileaks exposes its rigging of the primary, rigging of debates, and lying to voters. I guess the DNC thinks it has a right to cheat, rig and lie without any pesky press exposing its fraudulent dirty deeds:

" WikiLeaks has hit back against a multimillion-dollar lawsuit filed by the Democratic National Committee (DNC), … seeking donations for a counter-suit, noting "We've never lost a publishing case and discovery is going to be amazing fun," …

The DNC suit has drawn criticism from prominent Democrats who would like to restore dignity to the party - such as Claire McCaskill (MO), Jackie Speier (CA) and former Obama White House adviser and CNN commentator David Axelrod … Despite the fact that the DNC's bank account is running on empty, Perez says that the party "can't afford not to" pursue the lawsuit. ..."
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-23-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Get this: The DNC's theory of a claim against Wikileaks Press is that its rigging of primaries, rigging of debates, cheating, and lying to voters are "trade secrets". By taking the position the disclosed material are "trade secrets", the DNC is now also finally confirming that the material leaked by Wikileaks is genuine.

The DNC's theory should fail as a matter of law for multiple reasons:
    A) the DNC is not a business; to be a "trade secret" it must be used in business;
    B) trade secret must have "economic value";
    C) fraudulent practices are not practices unknown to the public or competitors;
    D) Wikileaks is not bound by any confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement with the DNC;
    E) the DNC is both a political entity, and its fraudulent misdeeds are a matter of public concern, both of which makes Wikileaks' reporting of the crooked deeds protected by the first amendment;

By the DNC's looney theory , the WaPo should have been liable to Nixon and the break -in crew for exposing their crooked "trade secret" practices and cover up.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-23-2018 at 10:30 AM.

From the Intercept:

The DNC’S Lawsuit Against WikiLeaks Poses a Serious Threat to Press Freedom

THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE (DNC) filed a lawsuit this afternoon in a Manhattan federal court against the Russian Government, the Trump campaign and … WikiLeaks …

The DNC’s suit, as it pertains to WikiLeaks, poses a grave threat to press freedom. ...

It is extremely common for media outlets to publish or report on materials that are stolen, hacked, or otherwise obtained … New York Times … published parts of [Trump’s tax return] even though it is illegal to disclose someone’s tax returns without the taxpayer’s permission; … MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow did the same thing with Trump’s 2005 tax returns. …

In April, 2016, the Washington Post obtained and published a confidential internal memo from the Trump campaign. Media outlets constantly publish private companies’ internal documents. Just three weeks ago, BuzzFeed obtained and published a secret Facebook memo outlining the company’s internal business strategies …

Some of the most important stories in contemporary journalism have come from media outlets obtaining and publishing materials that were taken without authorization or even in violation of the law. … Pentagon Papers after Daniel Ellsberg took them without authorization from the Pentagon – and they won the right to publish them in the U.S. Supreme Court.

The Guardian and the Washington Post won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Public Service for publishing and reporting on huge numbers of top secret documents taken by Edward Snowden from the NSA. The Guardian, the New York Times, and numerous papers from around the world broke multiple stories by publishing classified classified documents downloaded by Chelsea Manning … In 2016, more than 100 newspapers from around the world published and reported on millions of private financial documents known as the “Panama Papers,” which were taken without authorization … [

the DNC lawsuit seeks to … turn a core part of journalism into something illegal. … the DNC’s lawsuit – just like the attempts of the Obama and Trump DOJ to criminalize and prosecute whistleblowing under the Espionage Act – is an actual, grave threat to those press freedoms. …

Nor does it matter at all whether one views WikiLeaks as “real journalists” – whatever that might mean. The First Amendment’s guarantee of a free press is not just for media corporations … but rather operates to protect an activity when engaged in by anyone. It protects everyone who wishes to publish information that informs the public on matters of public interest. …

WikiLeaks’ publications … informed the public about matters legitimately in the public interest. That’s why literally every major media outlet reported on their contents, why those documents forced the resignation of five top DNC officials and the firing of a CNN commentator, …

The DNC, unfortunately, is not nearly as wise, nor nearly as worried about destroying press freedom in the U.S. The theory it embraced today to sue WikiLeaks for publishing documents is a far more serious menace than any of Donald Trump’s insulting tweets about Chuck Todd. It deserves condemnation and scorn by anyone who actually cares about press freedom.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-23-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Great Quote from Caitlin Johnstone:

The Democratic party suing WikiLeaks for costing them the election is like an armed robbery convict suing a security camera company for getting him arrested. The emails it published are 100 percent authentic and entirely undisputed, and they consist of nothing other than Democratic party big wigs talking to one another.

The documents published by WikiLeaks in 2016 showed an unquestionable violation of the DNC’s Impartiality Clause in the “us vs them” tone of the conversations in the more egregious DNC leaks, the Podesta emails showing that the DNC and the Clinton camp were colluding as early as 2014 to schedule debates and primaries in a way that favored her, and then-DNC Vice Chairwoman Donna Brazile acting as a mole against the Sanders campaign and passing Clinton questions in advance to prep her for debates with Sanders. It also revealed more broadly incriminating facts about the Democratic party in general, including the Clintons taking bribes from Qatar and Morocco and knowingly accepting funds from political bodies that arm ISIS, an email showing how a CitiGroup executive was responsible for selecting Obama’s acceptable cabinet picks, and Clinton’s infamous “public position and a private position” statement.

Contrary to what their lawsuit claims, Democrats didn’t lose massively in 2016 because of a secret conspiracy between Russia, WikiLeaks and the Trump campaign to rob them of their rightful place on the throne, they lost massively in 2016 because people found out the truth about what the party is and how it operates. …

The Democratic party has proven beyond all doubt that it has no interest in serving the American people and at this point exists only to protect the tiny empires of its leaders. …

Why don't we do a moneybomb to raise funds to file a lawsuit on behalf of Bernie Sanders supporters for Hillary stealing the nomination from him? I'd gladly pitch in for that. It would be worth it just for the chuckles.

Fictionalized account of Bill Gates arguing with Steve Jobs.

"Bill Gates: You and I are like guys that had this rich neighbor Xerox. And they just left the door open. And you went in to steal the TV set. Only you realize I got there first. I GOT THE LOOT STEVE! And you're yelling? That's not fair? I wanted to try to steal it first! You're too late.

Steve Jobs: We're better than you are! We have better stuff.

Bill Gates: You don't get it Steve. That doesn't matter."

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Why don't we do a moneybomb to raise funds to file a lawsuit on behalf of Bernie Sanders supporters for Hillary stealing the nomination from him? I'd gladly pitch in for that. It would be worth it just for the chuckles.

Fictionalized account of Bill Gates arguing with Steve Jobs.

"Bill Gates: You and I are like guys that had this rich neighbor Xerox. And they just left the door open. And you went in to steal the TV set. Only you realize I got there first. I GOT THE LOOT STEVE! And you're yelling? That's not fair? I wanted to try to steal it first! You're too late.

Steve Jobs: We're better than you are! We have better stuff.

Bill Gates: You don't get it Steve. That doesn't matter."
    What matters is having mom on the board of IBM.

And the witch hunt continues.

Reportedly, Putin is very troubled about this and rightly so.

Last edited by Jamesiv1; 04-24-2018 at 06:15 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Many have suggested the lawsuit is a tactical error by the DNC, as it may expose or confirm claims against the organization - such as whether they rigged the primary against Bernie Sanders, the level of coordination between the DNC and the Clinton Campaign, and the details surrounding the funding of the "Steele dossier," paid for in part by both the Clinton campaign and the DNC.
    The defendants - from President Trump, to Wikileaks - and now Roger Stone - are excited at the prospect of examining the DNC servers which cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike determined were victims of Russian hacking in advance of the 2016 elections. Notably, the DNC would not allow the FBI or anyone else to inspect said servers.
    To that end, Stone's attorneys have slapped the DNC with a notification to preserve evidence related to the case with a "standard pre-discovery notice." Discovery is a pre-trial process by which one party can obtain evidence from the opposing party relevant to the case.
    My lawyers and I will demand to examine the DNC’s servers and expose them to real forensic analysis, not merely accepting the claims of the DNC’s paid contractor, to finally extinguish this bogus Russian hacking claim, once and for all. My lawyers have served the DNC with standard pre-discovery notice directing the DNC of their obligation under law to preserve all possible evidence, including their servers, for ultimate inspection and exposure to critical review. As Julian Assange wrote on Twitter, via the WikiLeaks feed, “Discovery is going to be fun.” -Roger Stone
    Stone notes that "Former CIA experts like Bill Binney and Ray McGovern examined the basic data available about the copying of DNC data and concluded that there is more forensic evidence that the material was downloaded to a portable drive, meaning it had to be someone with physical access to DNC computers."
    "Having made their computer systems the subject matter of multi-million dollar demands for judicial relief, the DNC has now exposed them to the discovery process," writes Stone.

Stone writes that at the end of the day "Let’s not forget that at the heart of this Democrat lawsuit is their core claim that the exposure of genuine documents created by the hands of their own top officials, revealing to the American people the horrible truth about the how ruthless and cynical the Democrats, Hillary Clinton and her henchpeople really are, is considered BY THEM to be so damaging that it effectively torpedoed the Democrat party’s multi-billion-dollar efforts to install the single most sleazy corrupt brazen criminal to seek the presidency since Lyndon Baines Johnson."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...er-dnc-servers
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the ZH comment section:

DesertRat1958 Tue, 04/24/2018 - 19:28 Permalink One other thought. Now that the Russians have been named as co-conspirators, they would legally be allowed to share evidence. I might be interesting, in order to extricate themselves from “time out”, to see what starts to appear form the various attorneys in defense of the suit. In the words of Jack Reacher “Remember you ask for this.”.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    From the ZH comment section:

DesertRat1958 Tue, 04/24/2018 - 19:28 Permalink One other thought. Now that the Russians have been named as co-conspirators, they would legally be allowed to share evidence. I might be interesting, in order to extricate themselves from “time out”, to see what starts to appear form the various attorneys in defense of the suit. In the words of Jack Reacher “Remember you ask for this.”.
    Zerohedge comments, the only source of information on the planet less accurate than Qanon.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Just so you know what the Demoncrats think voters are:

The DNC alleges in the complaint that these defendants violated a multitude of laws, from the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to the State of Virginia’s common law prohibiting ‘Conspiracy to Commit Trespass to Chattels’.
    More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...e-nited-states

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Democratic Party on Friday filed a multimillion-dollar federal lawsuit against Trump campaign officials, the Russian government and WikiLeaks alleging a widespread conspiracy to tilt the 2016 election in Donald Trump's favor.
    Calling it an “all-out assault on our democracy,” the Democratic National Committee filed the civil suit in federal district court in Manhattan. The suit amounts to another legal broadside related to the 2016 race, on top of the special counsel's ongoing Russia probe and the FBI raid on Trump's personal attorney last week.
    "The conspiracy constituted an act of previously unimaginable treachery: the campaign of the presidential nominee of a major party in league with a hostile foreign power to bolster its own chance to win the Presidency," the suit states.
    It claims that Trump campaign officials worked in tandem with the Russian government and its military spy agency to bring down Hillary Clinton by hacking into the computer networks of the DNC and spreading stolen material.
    “During the 2016 presidential campaign, Russia launched an all-out assault on our democracy, and it found a willing and active partner in Donald Trump’s campaign,” said DNC Chairman Tom Perez in a statement, calling the alleged collusion “an act of unprecedented treachery.”

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-election.html

Discovery for the defense should be interesting.
    Sounds like the Ds are in full-desperation mode.

Trump has been actively investigated by Mueller for what, nearly a year - still nothing.

This all strikes me as an attempt to skew public perception by setting the tacit "out there" subtext.

Trump may not be optimal, but the fact that he has progressives on the verge of arterial failure pleases my inner demon.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Q
    !!mG7VJxZNCI
    No.139

Aug 11 2018 12:12:31 (EST)

These people are stupid!
    https://www.cohenmilsteinprocessserver.com
    "Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself."
    Discovery.
    http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecur...n-russia-probe
    Do you believe in coincidences?
    We have the source.

Q

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12