Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Democratic Party files suit alleging conspiracy by Trump campaign, Russia, WikiLeaks

Democratic Party files suit alleging conspiracy by Trump campaign, Russia, WikiLeaks

The Democratic Party on Friday filed a multimillion-dollar federal lawsuit against Trump campaign officials, the Russian government and WikiLeaks alleging a widespread conspiracy to tilt the 2016 election in Donald Trump's favor.
    Calling it an “all-out assault on our democracy,” the Democratic National Committee filed the civil suit in federal district court in Manhattan. The suit amounts to another legal broadside related to the 2016 race, on top of the special counsel's ongoing Russia probe and the FBI raid on Trump's personal attorney last week.
    "The conspiracy constituted an act of previously unimaginable treachery: the campaign of the presidential nominee of a major party in league with a hostile foreign power to bolster its own chance to win the Presidency," the suit states.
    It claims that Trump campaign officials worked in tandem with the Russian government and its military spy agency to bring down Hillary Clinton by hacking into the computer networks of the DNC and spreading stolen material.
    “During the 2016 presidential campaign, Russia launched an all-out assault on our democracy, and it found a willing and active partner in Donald Trump’s campaign,” said DNC Chairman Tom Perez in a statement, calling the alleged collusion “an act of unprecedented treachery.”

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-election.html

Discovery for the defense should be interesting.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Grasping at straws now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Lol, probably not their best decision...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Hail Mary pass

the suit gives no allusion to physical evidence or depositions, but supports its claims with links to "reputable" news stories including Fox News! Ask a liberal you know if Fox News is credible, then say they are referenced in this suit, so is the suit credible?
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

I hope they spend millions of dollars on lawyers working on this.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    They should definitely work on retainer..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you know any dems let them know the money they donate is being used to sue the russians .

Blue Ebb Tide.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If you know any dems let them know the money they donate is being used to sue the russians .
    @Zippyjuan, Listen to Uncle Oyarde.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Blue Ebb Tide.

Pakistani mystery man

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Democrats are suing @WikiLeaks and @JulianAssange for revealing how the DNC rigged the Democratic primaries. Help us counter-sue. We've never lost a publishing case and discovery is going to be amazing fun: https://www.iamwikileaks.org/donate/ More options: https://shop.wikileaks.org/donate

3:13 PM - 20 Apr 2018

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/987454233862705152

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There they go again, throwing around that word, "democracy" like it's something we should have.

Nowhere in the Constitution is that word even mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    There they go again, throwing around that word, "democracy" like it's something we should have.

Nowhere in the Constitution is that word even mentioned.
    This is a battle call for the ignorant.

This is a battle call for the ignorant.
    Heck, they even have the so called 'conservative news' using that stupid word.

Senor Trump is right... this suit opens 'discovery'. hahaha

my guess?
    This ill advised 'suit' was/is introduced 'solely' for the 2018 mid-term as a 'talking point'... a campaign strategy.
    It will be slo-footed at every opportunity in the courts (by the Dems)...
    and hammered 'nightly' by the MSMs.

It will be 'dropped' after the elections.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-20-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

my guess?
    This ill advised 'suit' was/is introduced 'solely' for the 2018 mid-term as a 'talking point'... a campaign strategy.

Will the judge be another close personal friend of George Soros

It will go to a Deep State judge and another fresh set of scandalous behavior by political actors betraying the public trust will ensue.

my guess?

apparently it's not a novel thought

Democratic Party files suit alleging conspiracy by Trump campaign, Russia, WikiLeaks

The Democratic Party on Friday filed a multimillion-dollar federal lawsuit against Trump campaign officials, the Russian government and WikiLeaks alleging a widespread conspiracy to tilt the 2016 election in Donald Trump's favor.
    This is controversial at many levels and crosses so many lines. Going after elders/nation states is one thing but they have even sued son and widey respected son-in-law of a sitting POTUS right in the middle of his mideast peace mission:

Fox news in probably in hurry mised their names. Even if Dems are looking to create a contigency venue to keep this affair in headlines if Mueller is fired on Giuliani advise, bringing children and in laws into this will create too much of a media distraction for POTUS trying to serve people the best way he knows how to.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I feel like the lawsuit should be heard by a 3rd party, outside of our legal/political system, and I think it would be hilarious if the Russians were asked to mediate.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

They'll have GoFundMe for legal fees. Pocket change to the big donors, but they would also get a bunch of poor, ignorant people.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

my guess?

Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Will the judge be another close personal friend of George Soros
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    It will go to a Deep State judge and another fresh set of scandalous behavior by political actors betraying the public trust will ensue.
    But they may have a chance with the corrupt legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    No, let them donate and waste it away in the hopes the party goes bankrupt.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

They're probably betting on it causing more media talk on the issue / party / election in general than they could buy with the same amount of money.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Democrats sue Trumps, Kushner and Russia over election hacking
    Apr 20, 2018

Defense has also been beefed up with widely celeberated legal eagle Giuliani.

"Nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with the best.
    To give credit where due, new addition also seems well connected and seems more competent than Michael Cohen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDY4tSibYpo
    "

A year and half after the elections, this suit could be political posturing ahead of midterms to inflict political damage. Timing is bit peculiar, the suit is filed just days after Trump's personal lawyer was raided by FBI. Is it possibe DNC and Stormy Daniel's lawyer (allegedly ex Dem operative) are colluding/tag-teaming here and DNC opportunsitcally trying to capitalize on new evidence that may have been collected in other cases?

Stormy Daniels lawyer predicts Trump deposition, says they’ve found his ‘Achilles heel’

By Luis Sanchez - 04/21/18

Stormy Daniels’s lawyers told “Real Time” host Bill Maher on Friday that he has found President Trump’s “Achilles' heel” and predicts he can get Trump and Michael Cohen to appear for a deposition.

“I think we are going to get an opportunity to depose Michael Cohen and the president within the next 60 to 90 days and ... I truly believe this is the Achilles' heel of the president,” Avenatti said about the president and his personal lawyer. “He has trusted a moron with his innermost secrets."

“The problem is he has surrounded himself in his adult life with people that are incompetent and the chickens are going to come home to roost,” Avenatti added.

Maher said that even if Trump gets a deposition, he might not show up to court and trigger a constitutional crisis.
    Avenatti predicted the president would show up to court, but argued that it might not matter since he thinks Cohen will end up telling the court everything he knows about the president.
    “Michael Cohen knows where almost all the bodies are buried and I think he is going to sing like a canary,” Avenatti said. “I know he is going to fold.”
    “When you have a fixer, you need two things, at least. You need a guy who is tough and you need a guy that is smart,” Avenatti said. “This guy is neither tough nor smart.”
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...eyve-found-his

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast