Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [VIDEO] Rand destroys Mike Pompeo in the Senate

Thumbs up [VIDEO] Rand destroys Mike Pompeo in the Senate

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    I was running a machine shop at the time ..... @ 5:10

Why didn't Rand add after expressing his concerns .... and I can not vote for you?
    Last edited by timosman; 04-20-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Widget Production

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I was running a machine shop at the time ..... @ 5:10

Why didn't Rand add after expressing his concerns .... and I can not vote for you?
    He was just a lowly Company machinist, following Karl Rove's blueprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

He is giving him a chance to change his mind.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He is giving him a chance to change his mind.
    Yeah, but this way he didn't pressure the other senators. They probably think Rand has some objections but in at the end he will vote with us.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is how he should have done it:

I cannot disagree with you more. Corey Booker was dinging Pompeo for not being PC. Rand was dinging Pompeo for not following the constitution and not supporting positions that Trump at least claimed to have. It will be impossible for Trump to go after Rand for this.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Heitkamp will vote for Pompeo. That could seal his confirmation. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I cannot disagree with you more. Corey Booker was dinging Pompeo for not being PC. Rand was dinging Pompeo for not following the constitution and not supporting positions that Trump at least claimed to have. It will be impossible for Trump to go after Rand for this.
    Thank you Mr. Obvious but you seem to be missing the amount of righteous outrage which Rand can not bring himself to display and this is how we are always losing despite being right most of the time.

Thank you Mr. Obvious but you seem to be missing the amount of righteous outrage which Rand can not bring himself to display and this is how we are always losing despite being right most of the time.
    Okay. I guess I'm used to Ron's style where the outrage is in the substance of what is said as opposed to the style of delivery. But you have a valid point. The rest of the country isn't like that.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Okay. I guess I'm used to Ron's style where the outrage is in the substance of what is said as opposed to the style of delivery. But you have a valid point. The rest of the country isn't like that.
    Libertarians are like SJWs in this respect. They think everybody is like them. They seem to forget they need to sell their ideas to emotional monkeys who are looking to be dominated by somebody and that somebody needs also to dominate their enemies. Hope and change, MAGA - this crap wins elections. Pauls never even had a campaign slogan for crying out load. How were they supposed to win? Were they even making the effort? Here is a good movie on how to win elections I bet nobody involved with the campaign watched:

WHAT IS THE MESSAGE?

Where is my $#@!ing slogan?

Pauls never even had a campaign slogan for crying out load. How were they supposed to win? [/CENTER]
    Not that I'd expect you to remember but in 2008 it was "Hope for America," and in 2012 it was "Restore America Now." Rand's was "Defeat the Washington machine. Unleash the American dream."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not that I'd expect you to remember but in 2008 it was "Hope for America," and in 2012 it was "Restore America Now." Rand's was "Defeat the Washington machine. Unleash the American dream."
    Not catchy enough.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously? I thought it was "r3volution". I thought Obama was Hope for America or Hopey Changey something.

Not catchy enough.
    Yeah. I guess you're right.

Seriously? I thought it was "r3volution". I thought Obama was Hope for America or Hopey Changey something.

Yeah. I guess you're right.

"Restore America Now" came with his "Plan to Restore America."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/r/201...mericaPlan.pdf

As far as I can remember "r3volution" was a grass roots initiative based on his 2008 book "The Revolution: A Manifesto."

"Restore America Now" came with his "Plan to Restore America."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/r/201...mericaPlan.pdf

As far as I can remember "r3volution" was a grass roots initiative based on his 2008 book "The Revolution: A Manifesto."
    Yeah. I remember that now. But this is what is stuck in my mind from 2008.

And:

I guess that's why the official campaign at times disliked the grassroots. It's hard to control the narrative when the grassroots garners more publicity than you do.

Not quite. The book came out AFTER the r3volution theme started. It was basically Ron's shoutout to the grassroots.
    The freedom's phoenix guys started it all with this video on Mar. 21, 2007

That created a template and a theme that was easily and quickly adopted by supporters across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Not quite. The book came out AFTER the r3volution theme started. It was basically Ron's shoutout to the grassroots.
    The freedom's phoenix guys started it all with this video on Mar. 21, 2007

That created a template and a theme that was easily and quickly adopted by supporters across the country.
    +rep. Thanks. God, that seems so long ago.

Rand says he has been reassured by both Trump and Pompeo that we must end our involvement in Afghanistan. He's decided to support Pompeo's nomination. :/
    https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/988523697886711808

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Rand says he has been reassured by both Trump and Pompeo that we must end our involvement in Afghanistan. He's decided to support Pompeo's nomination. :/
    Rand must be going full retard today....
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I just realized Pompeo looks like Boris and also doesn't like anal sex.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/988523697886711808
    Well, if Trump said so it must be true.

$#@!, who's next?
    "The Patriarch"

Just heard that the vote is now 10 to 10 - because republican senator Isakson is at a funeral, so couldn't vote.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

In light of Rand's actual subsequent vote his questioning style makes perfect sense. He laid out his concerns in a "I really hope to see it my way"...way...and then voted for Pompeo, I assume, in the hope that Pompeo got the message. Not satisfying to the grassroots I know but....well in hindsight you should have seen that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Rand must be going full retard today....
    To everyone worrying in 2018 about how Rand is doing things.....

1) I told you this would happen back in 2010.

2) It ain't as bad as you think.

3) In about a month or two you'll be over it.

4) I know this about #3...because I've seen the pattern before.

Carry on!

To everyone worrying in 2018 about how Rand is doing things.....

1) I told you this would happen back in 2010.

2) It ain't as bad as you think.

3) In about a month or two you'll be over it.

4) I know this about #3...because I've seen the pattern before.

Carry on!
    Except that he went back on his word. And this isn't the first time. And he has voted for really bad things in the past, specifically gun control. This stuff accumulates and aggregates, it doesn't just go away.

And it is exactly why he did as poorly as he did in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Except that he went back on his word.
    Rand said he absolutely would not vote for Pompeo? Or did he say he would vote against Pompeo unless Pompeo changed his mind about whether Iraq was a mistake and whether we should get out of Afghanistan and Syria? I'm asking because I honestly don't know.

And this isn't the first time. And he has voted for really bad things in the past, specifically gun control.
    Source?

This stuff accumulates and aggregates, it doesn't just go away.

And it is exactly why he did as poorly as he did in 2016.
    Revelation 3:16 So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Donald Trump locked down the Alex Jones 9/11 Truther vote by going on AJs show and then saying things in debates like "George Bush could have stopped 9/11 but didn't." I told you and the rest of this forum back in 2008 that the truther vote was more helpful than hurtful. Sadly only Donald J. Trump listened apparently and look at us now? Trump also the teocon vote by saying bat guano crazy stuff like "Ban the mooselums." Rand played it safe...and we are where we are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast