Thread: USA Today: 20 Politically Incorrect Songs That'd Be Wildly Controversial Today

USA Today: 20 Politically Incorrect Songs That'd Be Wildly Controversial Today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...day/465246002/

Some of these songs are only 10 years or so old, some from as far back as the 60s.

Rolling Stones, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, "Kung Foo Fighting", Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder (really bad explanation.....), Guns 'n Roses (Axl Rose was being facetious when he wrote these lyrics), Genesis, Lou Reed (walk on the wild side), Aerosmith (Dude looks like a lady),

Wow, this is one of the dumbest articles ever written... the reasoning is beyond idiotic, the person has no knowledge of the meaning of the lyrics they are writing about most of the time.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-18-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Make sure you recycle your culture every two years because culture is ..... very important.

The whole list of songs is sad and--well--it makes me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Uh, that is totally distasteful. The proper term today is "curvy" models.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

Uh, that is totally distasteful. The proper term today is "curvy" models.
    The far right may be Rosie that Bon Scott sings about?

19 stone = 266 pounds

The far right may be Rosie that Bon Scott sings about?

19 stone = 266 pounds

Okay, I had to look that up.

WTF?? LOL!!!

"She’s about six foot two inches tall, and like 19 stone 12 pound, like that was some mountain, you know," Scott's quoted as saying of the woman who inspired the song. Fetish notwithstanding, he alluded to resisting the encounter, but said "Rosie" wouldn't take no for an answer. "She was so big she’d sort of close the door and put it on you… she was too big to say no to. So I just sorta had to succumb … I had to do it. Oh my God, I wish I hadn’t."

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bon-scott-rosie/

Love that video.

Like a snapshot of my life at 19 or so.

All it needs is some kegs, whiskey and mescalin.

As to the article in the OP...what a load of horse$#@!.

You're going to run into the dirt some of the greatest classic rock songs ever recorded, because of honest, truthful lyrics, because today it would upset the "woke".

But this rap of today gets a pass?

It's got everything: racism, misogyny, antisemitism, homophobia and "ni gger ni gger ni gger" liberally interspersed throughout...but millions and millions love it and not a peep out of the Internet Outrage Squads, The Woke, The Perpetually Aggrieved and all the others ready to pounce and make life miserable for anybody caught wrongthinking.

But I'm supposed to hate on Mark Knopfler and Dire Straights because he sang, truthfully, about the little fa ggot on MTV?

$#@! that.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-18-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Hey USA Today...blow me.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Okay, I had to look that up.

WTF?? LOL!!!
    So...Bon Scott was raped?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    But this rap of today gets a pass?
    Why do you listen to such bad rap music all the time?

Yeah, classy, nothing at all "cringeworthy" here...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why do you listen to such bad rap music all the time?
    It's all bad.

ETA - with a few exceptions I suppose...some old school Public Enemy...KRSOne...Onyx...that sort of thing

I actually liked this back when it was in "heavy rotation".

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-18-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...day/465246002/

Some of these songs are only 10 years or so old, some from as far back as the 60s.

Rolling Stones, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, "Kung Foo Fighting", Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder (really bad explanation.....), Guns 'n Roses (Axl Rose was being facetious when he wrote these lyrics), Genesis, Lou Reed (walk on the wild side), Aerosmith (Dude looks like a lady),

Wow, this is one of the dumbest articles ever written... the reasoning is beyond idiotic, the person has no knowledge of the meaning of the lyrics they are writing about most of the time.
    Well I figured when I saw the Stones it would be Brown Sugar , but then figured it could be Some Girls or When The Whip Comes Down . I always like the Stones , Lou Reed and Dire Straights . Not surprised Lou made the list but I figured it would be a heroin song . I did not expect to see Elton John , Elvis and The Crystals , LOL .
    Do something Danke

Guns and Roses "One in a Million" makes the list, but this one didn't?

Stupid list is stupid.

I used to love her, but I had to kill her
    I had to put her, six feet under, and I can still hear her complain

I knew I'd miss her, so I had to keep her
    She's buried right in my back yard

She bitched so much. She drove me nuts, and now I'm happier this way
    I used to love her, but I had to kill her, and I can still hear her complain

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It's all bad.

ETA - with a few exceptions I suppose...some old school Public Enemy...KRSOne...Onyx...that sort of thing
    These are my tubes:

Since they seem against anti-gay songs, maybe they would like:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Music should be provocative and offensive... just like comedy
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Music should be provocative and offensive... just like comedy
    Anybody can be provocative and offensive.

Mozart was provocative and offensive by setting The Marriage of Figaro to some of the most beautiful music ever composed.

Johnny Rotten and GG Allin...not so much.

Music should inspire and uplift and comedy should be funny.

Provocative and offensive comes in a distant third.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.