Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: North and South Korea reportedly set to announce official end to war

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Totally agree- every country that has bowed to the denuclearize demand has been destroyed once they did so.
    That is why KJU changed his mind after like 60 years.. he finally isn't afraid because the deep state is no longer in control of the US...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Intel Crab liked
    John Lee
    (The Korean Foreigner)@koreanforeigner

South Korean government announced North Korea will dismantle its nuclear testing site in Punggye-ri in May
    and will do so in view of public view.
    Unclear yet if that means IAEA will return to NK.

The Intel Crab@IntelCrab

Gutting the Punggye-ri nuclear test site is going to be an incredibly hard task. Local bedrock is under an incredible amount of stress,
    and any major disturbance could result in yet another earthquake swarm.

The Intel Crab@IntelCrab
    I think the biggest issue is simply how much unexploded radioactive material is still baked within that mountain.
    Most of NK's nuclear tests were duds; leaving lots of unused radioactive material behind.

The Intel Crab@IntelCrab

Surface (and even shallow sub-surface) blasting could expose these underground veins of radioactive material
    and release them into atmosphere...something no one wants

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keep in mind that their underground testing area is believed to be badly damaged from previous tests and even had what was probably a major cave in (reported as a minor earthquake). "Closing" that down doesn't cost them anything in terms of capabilities nor set back their program. Also that in 2008 they invited media and experts in to watch them destroy a cooling tower at a nuclear facility to prove they were stopping research on nuclear weapons. That didn't halt their efforts either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Keep in mind that their underground testing area is believed to be badly damaged from previous tests and even had what was probably a major cave in (reported as a minor earthquake). "Closing" that down doesn't cost them anything in terms of capabilities nor set back their program. Also that in 2008 they invited media and experts in to watch them destroy a cooling tower at a nuclear facility to prove they were stopping research on nuclear weapons. That didn't halt their efforts either.
    Also, that northern test site is across the river practically from Manchuria.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So we should just bomb them into the stone age to be sure, right?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I thought the bestest quote was

"NK and SK should reunite, keep the Nukes, and kick the USA out."
    >_<

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un promised in May to invite foreign journalists and experts to witness the Punggye-ri nuclear test site being dismantled, according to South Korea's presidential office, The Guardian reported April 29.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...vite-observers

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In initial small steps towards reconciliation, South Korea said on Monday it would remove loudspeakers that blared propaganda across the border, while North Korea said it would shift its clocks to align with its southern neighbour.
    South Korea turned off the loudspeakers that broadcast a mixture of news, Korean pop songs and criticism of the North Korean regime as a goodwill gesture ahead of the summit. It will begin removing the speakers on Tuesday.
    “We see this as the easiest first step to build military trust,” South Korean defence ministry spokeswoman Choi Hyun-soo said. “We are expecting the North’s implementation.”
    North Korea will shift its time zone 30 minutes earlier to align with South Korea, starting May 5, state media reported on Monday.
    The KCNA dispatch said the decision came after Kim found it “a painful wrench” to see two clocks showing different times on a wall at the summit venue.

More at: https://in.reuters.com/article/north...%20Top%20News)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

South Korean President Moon Jae-in, who suggested on Monday that Donald Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize...

...has convinced North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to hold his historic meeting with US President Donald Trump at the demilitarized zone (DMZ) separating the two Koreas - a region Bill Clinton called the "scariest place on earth" in 1993, CNN reports.
    Moon and Kim met last Friday at the same location in Panmunjom, as the historically significant event led to an agreement to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula and formally end the Korean War.

There is a "strong possibility" the summit will be held at the site, with some events possibly scheduled on the northern side of the military demarcation line separating the two countries, according to an official with deep knowledge of North Korea's thinking on the matter. -CNN
    The summit, thought to be held in "in late may," will also mark a historically significant moment in US history - as the agreement between the two Koreas marks the first sitting US President to meet with a North Korean Leader, ending decades of failed US foreign policy as the multi-generational regime pursued its nuclear ambitions.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...mmit-trump-dmz

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Japan will host its first trilateral summit with China and South Korea since 2015 on May 9, CNN reported May 1.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...-beijing-seoul

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump to Announce Date, Location of Meeting With Kim in 'Couple of Days'
    https://sputniknews.com/us/201805011...date-location/

On Monday, Trump said several sites were still under consideration for the meeting,
    including Singapore and the demilitarized zone (DMZ) on the border between North Korea and South Korea.

During a rally in the US state of Michigan on Saturday,
    Trump said his meeting with Kim could happen in the next three or four weeks.

====

Yonhap News Agency
    N.K. leader can discuss Moon's proposal to install liaison offices in Seoul, Pyongyang: minister

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has said it's possible to talk over South Korean President Moon Jae-in's proposal to install liaison offices in Seoul and Pyongyang to enhance bilateral communication during last week's summit, according to Seoul's unification minister Tuesday.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 05-02-2018 at 07:29 AM.

North Korea has freed three U.S. citizens detained for years in the communist country, bowing to another demand of President Trump ahead of his planned meeting with Kim Jong-un.

The three Americans — Kim Dong Chul, Kim Hak-song and Kim Sang Duk, also known as Tony Kim — were released from a North Korean labor camp and sent to Pyongyang for medical treatment, the Financial Times reported.

Though out of the brutal labor camp, the men remain in the grasp of Mr. Kim’s regime.
    They currently are believed to be convalescing in a hotel outside Pyongyang.

“We believe that Mr. Trump can take them back on the day of the U.S.-North Korea summit, or he can send an envoy to take them back to the U.S. before the summit,” said Choi Sung-ryong, an activist pursuing release of North Korea’s political prisoners.
    The release of the three Americans marked another significant victory for the Trump administration, which also won North Korea’s agreement to discuss giving up its nuclear weapon program as a prerequisite for the talks.

More at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...s-another-tru/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Bet stargazing is wonderful there.

South Korea said on Wednesday the issue of U.S. troops stationed in the South is unrelated to any future peace treaty with North Korea and that American forces should stay even if such an agreement is signed.

"U.S. troops stationed in South Korea are an issue regarding the alliance between South Korea and the United States. It has nothing to do with signing peace treaties," said Kim Eui-kyeom, a spokesman for the presidential Blue House, citing President Moon Jae-in.
    The Blue House was responding to media questions about a column written by South Korean presidential adviser and academic Moon Chung-in that was published earlier this week.
    Moon Chung-in said it would be difficult to justify the presence of U.S. forces in South Korea if a peace treaty was signed after the two Koreas agreed at an historic summit last week to put an end to the Korean conflict.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-kor...065208505.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    North & South Korea may announce official end to war – local media

(CW 'attack' in Seoul in 3.2.1.... jus kiddn. srsly... i was. honest...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Japan will host its first trilateral summit with China and South Korea since 2015 on May 9, CNN reported May 1.
    Yuuuge ! I think the US-North Korea Summit could be held in Japan . . . even Hiroshima, as a very symbolic end to the Korea War for all the region.

Kim Jung Un may just want VP Pence to eat some barbed wire fence now though . . .

[
    Last edited by Jan2017; 05-03-2018 at 03:12 PM.

United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres has accepted South Korean President Moon Jae-in's request to participate in verifying the closure of North Korea's main nuclear test site, and turning the demilitarized zone into a peace zone. Spokesman Kim Eui-kyeom told reporters Tuesday the South Korean president held a 30 minute phone call with the U.N. secretary general that day, during which the two agreed to work together in fulfilling the two Koreas' Panmunjom Declaration.

More at: https://www.upi.com/UN-chief-agrees-...2631525160950/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

South Korean President Moon Jae-in gave North Korean leader Kim Jong Un a USB drive carrying materials outlining a plan for greater economic cooperation on the Korean Peninsula, a gesture aimed a strengthening diplomatic ties ahead of Kim's summit with President Trump.
    The USB, provided to Kim at a meeting between the Korean leaders on April 27, contained an e-book and a presentation explaining Moon's "New Economic Map," according to local media on May 2, but it was not widely reported by U.S. news outlets.
    Moon's plan was first made public in July during a speech in Berlin, Germany, while he was attending a G20 Summit, and has an overarching objective of creating a single market.

It now also includes a potential collaboration on "a power plant," per local media.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...conomic-future

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We don't have to be $#@!s to each other?

With a historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just weeks away, Bloomberg has confirmed reports that Chinese President Xi Jinping and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un met in the port city of Dalian over the past two days - the second meeting between top officials of the two Communist allies in less than two months.
    Kim traveled to China via an Air Koryo plane that's believed to be Kim's personal jet. Officials confirmed there are no direct air routes between Dalian and the North.

The first meeting took place in late March, when Kim traveled to China via an armored train in what is widely believed to have been the young dictator's first trip abroad since he succeeded his father, Kim Jong Il, upon his death.

The second round of talks between the two Communist leaders are taking place following historic talks between South Korean leader Moon Jae-in and Kim at the DMZ late last month, where the leaders of the two Koreas agreed on a framework to end the Korean war.
    Following reports of the meeting, President Trump tweeted that he'd be speaking with Xi by phone at 8:30 am ET, and that the primary topic would be trade, where "good things will happen".
    I will be speaking to my friend, President Xi of China, this morning at 8:30. The primary topics will be Trade, where good things will happen, and North Korea, where relationships and trust are building.
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 8, 2018
    According to BBG, Kim reportedly filled Xi in on developments in the Korean peninsula and pushed to strengthen communication and cooperation with China.
    In comments reported after the meeting, Kim reiterated that, as long as the regime's security is guaranteed, North Korea "does not need to have nuclear weapons..."
    "As long as relevant parties eliminate the hostile policy and security threats against North Korea, North Korea does not need to have nuclear weapons, and denuclearization is achievable," Kim was quoted as saying.
    Xi agreed that "positive progress" had been made since the two leaders first met, adding, "I feel happy about it."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-time-2-months

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

North Korea's president Kim Jong Un held a surprise two-hour second summit with South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the truce village of Panmunjom on Saturday afternoon to pave way for a summit between North Korea and the United States.
    The South Korean presidential office said the two leaders met at the DPRK side of the border village of Panmunjom from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm local time on Saturday, where they "candidly discussed the potential Trump-Kim summit", and exchanged their opinions on implementing the April 27 Panmunjom Declaration.

Moon will release the result of the summit at 10:00 a.m. local time on Sunday, South Korea's Blue House said, without elaborating further.
    The two leaders previously met on the South Korean side of Panmunjom on April 27, reaching a historic agreement on the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and the change of the current armistice agreement into a peace treaty.

Their second summit came after U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday that the United States will possibly reinstate the meeting with Kim. Late on Friday Trump said that "we are having very productive talks with North Korea about reinstating the Summit which, if it does happen, will likely remain in Singapore on the same date, June 12th., and, if necessary, will be extended beyond that date."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...president-moon

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Donald Trump said a plan for a June 12 summit in Singapore with Kim Jong Un "hasn't changed" and the North Korean leader reiterated his commitment to the historic meeting. South Korean President Moon Jae-in, after meeting Saturday with the regime leader, told reporters Sunday "that Chairman Kim and I have agreed that the June 12 summit should be held successfully, and that our quest for the Korean peninsula's denuclearisation and a perpetual peace regime should not be halted."

Trump said arrangements are "moving along very nicely," including sessions Sunday in North Korea. Trump made the comments Saturday night about the summit from the Oval Office as he welcomed Josh Holt, an American prisoner released by Venezuela.
    "A lot of people are working on it," Trump said. "It's moving along very nicely. We're looking at June 12 in Singapore. That hasn't changed. And it's moving along pretty well, so we'll see what happens."
    On Sunday, a U.S. advance team departed Japan and arrived at Tongilgak in North Korea -- north of the demilitarized zoned -- for planning meetings that are expected to continue Monday and Tuesday, Heather Nauert, a State Department spokesman, told The Washington Post.

Trump said preparation meetings are going on "as we speak in a certain location which I won't name, like the location, it's not very far from here."

More at: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...8891527427921/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

South Korean President Moon Jae-in could make a trip to Singapore for a three-way summit with his U.S. and North Korean counterparts next month, depending on the outcome of ongoing discussions between Washington and Pyongyang, a ranking government official here said Monday.
    The trip, if made, will likely be made around June 12 when U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un are scheduled to hold their bilateral summit, the official from Seoul’s presidential office Cheong Wa Dae said.
    “The discussions are just getting started, so we are still waiting to see how they come out, but depending on their outcome, the president could join President Trump and Chairman Kim in Singapore,” the official told Yonhap News Agency, while speaking on condition of anonymity.

More at: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...003800315.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

South Korea announced June 20 that it would suspend its Taegeuk command post military exercises, scheduled for June 25, Yonhap reported.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...ks-north-korea

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The rival Koreas are discussing the possible relocation of North Korea's long-range artillery guns away from the tense Korean border, South Korea's prime minister said Monday, as the countries forge ahead with steps to lower tensions and extend a recent detente.

In a speech marking the 68th anniversary of the start of the 1950-53 Korean War, Prime Minister Lee Nak-yon said that "moving (North Korea's) long-range artillery to the rear is under discussion," as he explained what types of goodwill steps between the Koreas have been taken in recent months.
    Lee's comments appeared to be Seoul's first official confirmation of media reports that South Korea demanded that North Korea reposition its forward-deployed artillery pieces during inter-Korean military talks on June 14. Seoul's Defense Ministry, which has denied those reports, said it had no immediate comment on Lee's speech.

On Monday, military officers of the two Koreas met and agreed to fully restore their military hotline communication channels, the South's Defense Ministry said.

The U.S. military said Saturday it moved 100 wooden coffins to the inter-Korean border to prepare for North Korea's return of the remains of American soldiers who have been missing since the 1950-53 Korean War. The two Koreas last week also agreed to restart temporary reunions of families separated by the war in August.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/removal-n...034503634.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Peace is breaking out. What new enemy will the goonerment goonsquad dig up to keep us all distracted from the daily erosion of our rights??
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Peace is breaking out. What new enemy will the goonerment goonsquad dig up to keep us all distracted from the daily erosion of our rights??
    Are You Ready For the Global Fake Alien Invasion? - https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...Alien-Invasion

But we'll be ready with our Space Force!!

Good thing too. I saw Mars Attacks!! and I don't want those ugly ack acks running around my neighborhood...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Manufacturing hate to keep us divided.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...58#post6646558
    There is no spoon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast