Thread: Despite connection to controversial fixer, no indication Fox's Sean Hannity was blackmailed

Default Despite connection to controversial fixer, no indication Fox's Sean Hannity was blackmailed

Sean Hannity Is Named as Client of Michael Cohen, Trump's Lawyer
    New York Times 57m ago

From his Fox News pulpit, Sean Hannity has been one of the most ardent supporters of President Trump, cheering his agenda and excoriating his enemies.

He has gone from giving advice on messaging and strategy to Mr. Trump and his advisers during the 2016 campaign to dining with him at the White House and Mar-a-Lago.

Now, Mr. Hannity finds himself aligned even more closely with the president.

During a hearing at a packed courtroom in Lower Manhattan on Monday, he was named as a client of Mr. Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer, Michael D. Cohen.

That revelation nudged the conservative commentator into the orbit of those who have lately come under legal scrutiny related to the investigations of Mr. Trump and his associates by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, and the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan. Both inquiries have provided fodder for Mr. Hannity’s prime-time cable show and nationally syndicated radio program.

Related

President's son-in-law Kushner accused of trying to blackmail MSNBC's Joe Scarborough

The president’s son-in-law advised the ‘Morning Joe’ host to speak to the president directly about an upcoming tabloid ‘hit piece.’

On Friday, MSNBC hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough made the explosive claim that three of President Donald Trump’s most senior White House aides “warned” the couple that the tabloid The National Enquirer would publish dirt on them unless they “begged” the president to intervene.
    The story in question, published by the Enquirer early this month and headlined “Joe & Mika: TV Couple’s Sleazy Cheating Scandal,” claimed that the Morning Joe co-hosts had “started hooking up while married to other people” and “used ironclad divorce deals to keep their dirty secret!”
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/jared-...-enquirer-dirt

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hannity justified his silence on the matter claiming Cohen never represented him "in any matter involving a third party", had never "retained [Cohen's] services" and had occasionally "asked Mr Cohen questions concerning the law that Mr Cohen indicated would be privileged." This however prompted more questions, the top two being i) whether asking your lawyer "some legal questions" and saying "attorney/client privilege" makes you their client and, ii) why was Cohen's team so reluctant to reveal Hannity's name in the hearing, and why the secrecy? Earlier on Monday, even attorney and frequent Fox News guest Alan Dershowitz Sean Hannity criticized host Sean Hannity for not disclosing his relationship with Cohen during his frequent discussions about Cohen in recent weeks.
    Dershowitz, a defender of Trump amid his legal woes, was brought on to discuss former FBI Director James Comey’s Sunday night interview on ABC News, but first addressed the Monday revelation that Hannity is the previously unnamed client of Cohen. “I really think you should have disclosed your relationship with Cohen,” Dershowitz said, calling it a “complicated situation.”
    Alan Dershowitz (!) says that Hannity should have disclosed that he was a client of Cohen before discussing the FBI raid last week.

Hannity responds: "I have the right to privacy." pic.twitter.com/lheMdQWqHl
    — Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) April 17, 2018
    So to answer all of this, in his show on Monday night Hannity addressed the Cohen situation for the second time as follows.
    "Michael Cohen never represented me in any legal manner. I never retained his services, I never received an invoice. I never paid Michael Cohen for legal fees. I did have occasional brief conversations with Michael Cohen, he's a great attorney, about legal questions I had or I was looking for input or perspective.
    "My discussions with Michael Cohen never rose to any level that I needed to tell anyone that I was asking him questions. And to be absolutely clear: they never involved any matter, any - sorry to disappoint so many - matter between me, a third party, a third group, at all. My questions focused almost exclusively on real estate. I said many times on my radio show 'I hate the stock market, I prefer real estate.' Michael knows real estate.
    "So in response to all the wild speculation, I want to set the record straight here tonight. I never asked Michael Cohen to bring this proceeding on my behalf. I have no personal interest in this legal matter. That's all there is, nothing more."

To be sure, if Hannity is lying - and with both the FBI and NSA now in possession of all Cohen docs - we will know momentarily, or as soon as the leak to the NYT/WaPo hits, at which point Hannity's future at Fox News will be no more. On the other, if indeed as Hannity claims "there is no there, there", maybe Trump will be right, and "attorney-client" privilege is indeed dead, in which case perhaps judge Wood who officiated the wedding of the the lovely couple in the photo above, in which the bride is exactly half the age of the groom, can disclose just what the nature of their relationship is.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-michael-cohen
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment