Thread: Trump Announces Unprecedented Support for Legalizing Marijuana

Default Trump Announces Unprecedented Support for Legalizing Marijuana

On the first great-weather day of Spring 2018, President Donald Trump has committed to withdrawing federal objections to the legalization of marijuana, reports Tom Angell of Marijuana Moment.

President Trump is preparing to support far-reaching legislation to reform federal marijuana prohibition so that states can enact their own cannabis laws without interference.

"Since the campaign, President Trump has consistently supported states' rights to decide for themselves how best to approach marijuana," U.S. Sen. Cory Gardner (D-CO) said in a statement. "Late Wednesday, I received a commitment from the President that the Department of Justice's rescission of the Cole memo will not impact Colorado's legal marijuana industry. Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states' rights issue once and for all."

In a briefing with reporters on Friday afternoon, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed the development, calling Gardner's statement "accurate."

"We're always consulting Congress about issues including states' rights, of which the president is a firm believer," she said.

USDOJUSDOJThis is huge, as it would unambiguously allow states to pursue legalization without worrying about a federal crackdown such as the one proposed by Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the start of this year. An unambiguous ally in the White House would also go a long way to ending skittishness on the part of banks and other firms to engage with pot-related industry in states where such business is legal. At Marijuana Moment, Angell writes that the details of the "legislative solution" Sen. Gardner mentions are not known yet, but the Colorado Republican said it will amount to a "universal fix" to all questions regarding pot legalization.

Read more here.

Gardner had been using senatorial privilege to place holds on various administration nominees until he received assurances that the Trump administration would work to allow the untroubled legalization of pot in states that decide to do so. Today, he announced:

"Because of these commitments, I have informed the Administration that I will be lifting my remaining holds on Department of Justice nominees. My colleagues and I are continuing to work diligently on a bipartisan legislative solution that can pass Congress and head to the President's desk to deliver on his campaign position."

So here we have Donald Trump, who is so terrible on so many issues and pretty damn good on others, moving forward on negotiating peace on the War on Pot. Nothing is over until the last non-violent offender is freed, but this is very good news.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/04/13/t...ted-support-fo
    The keystone of anti-liberty is crumbling.
    Oligarchy delenda est

“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.” - Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

godspeed.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Feds have trouble hiring as almost nobody can pass the "pee in the cup" test. This should help.
    What is the punishment for the attempted murder of freedom on earth? 👁👁

Default Fake Liberty temporarily

Unprecedented would be to reduce everything to Schedule ZERO unlisted, and repeal all of the illegal unconstitutional related legislation.

DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The keystone of anti-liberty is crumbling.
    That's the keystone? Really?

The Tenth Amendment is DOA, The Fourth Amendment is running close behind, Second Amendment is under siege, and California is declaring itself a First Amendment-Free Zone, but so long as we can buy weed in a store we're still going the right direction?
    'It ain't what we don't know that hurts us, it's what we "know" that ain't so.'--Will Rogers

'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That's the keystone? Really?

The Tenth Amendment is DOA, The Fourth Amendment is running close behind, Second Amendment is under siege, and California is declaring itself a First Amendment-Free Zone, but so long as we can buy weed in a store we're still going the right direction?
    Yep, escapism is all you are left with thanks to your fellow sheeple. Another hit?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    escapism
    I think you're confusing herb with alcohol..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

MAGA - Marijuana Agriculture Growing Again

I for one, welcome my new cannabis overlords.

Yep, escapism is all you are left with thanks to your fellow sheeple. Another hit?
    Escapism? No,, Pain relief, Mood stabilizer,, anti-depressant,, a reality cushion perhaps. But no escape.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Escapism? No,, Pain relief, Mood stabilizer,, anti-depressant,, a reality cushion perhaps. But no escape.
    You are arguing semantics given how widespread the usage is. Our existence is painful.

I'm itching for another Q leak, you got one I could bum off ya? I think Q is the only one who understands whats really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I'd say a bit of each.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Unprecedented would be to reduce everything to Schedule ZERO unlisted, and repeal all of the illegal unconstitutional related legislation.
    With the title of the thread that's what I was expecting but then I remembered Trump won and not Rand Paul, I am going to make one entitled Trump Announces Unprecedented Support for Legalizing Steroids after he orders bombing on another country without authorization from congress again.

SCOTUS ruling legalizing sports gambling is dropping soon. That ruling will open up cannabis legalization under the 10th. You can "thank" Trump if you wish but he'd be taking credit for something already planned (politician's bread and butter, credit for things they had nothing to do with). State revenues will REQUIRE new taxation avenues and job opportunities and they know it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

You are arguing semantics given how widespread the usage is. Our existence is painful.
    I have a broken back.. an injury about 12 years old.. Persistent ..

I have also fought with Depression my whole life..

Legal Cannabis is a Gift from God.
    I am more convinced that prohibiting it was a great and malicious evil.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom