Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbucks in hot water for having cops remove two black men from Philly store

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Because you always act that way?
    Yeah , pretty much I always look just the same .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yawn. Booorrrringgg!!!

These encounters are much more interesting!

3:45.
    Fast food employee: "I'll call the $#@!in' cops on your mother $#@!in' ass!
    Customer: "Gimme my $#@!in' money, you dumb mother $#@!in' Mexican!"

And in case you thought this stuff only happens at Walmart. This one is at Wells Fargo:

13:00. "I want my God damn money! You Bank of America! You Chinese Mother $#@!er!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    But that's why you have the hots for me & follow me around.
    Ha! You little goose! So, you going to take a look at Looking Glass?

BTW:

# of active threads on RPF: 20? 15?

Chances that you will be in a thread I choose to post in: kind of high?

We are all "following each other around," and I guess we all "have the hots" for each other!

Awesome!
    Last edited by H_H; 04-20-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Laura Ingraham interviewed Hotep Jesus also.

You knew this was coming:

from Media Matters:
    Laura Ingraham hosts anti-Semitic “Hotep Jesus” extremist to attack Starbucks’ diversity training
    April 18, 2018 10:58 PM EDT
    https: // xxx . mediamatters . org/blog/2018/04/18/laura-ingraham-hosts-anti-semitic-hotep-jesus-extremist-attack-starbucks-diversity-training/219996
    from Right Wing Watch:
    Right-Wing Media Promote An Anti-Semitic Extremist To Mock Starbucks Controversy
    By Jared Holt
    April 18, 2018 6:34 pm

...none of these outlets mentioned Sharpe’s anti-Semitic views, his affiliations with white nationalists, or his belief in insane conspiracy theories.

In blog posts on his Hotep Nation website, Sharpe has aligned himself with the white nationalist alt-right movement. In a blog post last year, Sharpe wrote that the alt-right was “tired of hearing blacks cry about racial oppression,” adding, “You know it’s bad when I’d rather align with a racist white than a cry baby black.”

Later that year, after the white supremacist Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last year that resulted in the violent murder of Heather Heyer, Sharpe wrote in an update to that post that he believed the alt-right was “now under the control of the ‘deep-state’ or whomever is also controlling Black Lives Matter.” The post claims that “Hotep Nation does not and has never had an official alliance with Alt-Right,” yet also states that it “did not (still does not) have a problem with White Nationalists.”...

http : // xxx . rightwingwatch . org/post/right-wing-media-promote-an-anti-semitic-extremist-to-mock-starbucks-controversy

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    In related news...

hmmm this recount is contradictory to what I recall hearing. Like the cops just coming in and immediately arresting them....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    hmmm this recount is contradictory to what I recall hearing. Like the cops just coming in and immediately arresting them....

Ya, and 2 minutes after they arrived she called the cops?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Ya, and 2 minutes after they arrived she called the cops?
    yeah...so much for the independent wanna be journalist lol
    more like "Mr Fake News Stir the Pot".

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They might base that on the appearance of the people.

The given reason for them being there was a business meeting. Were they dressed for a "business investment opportunities" meeting? Doesn't seem like it.
    I remember a job interview I went on for a nationwide computer consulting company when I first moved to Nashville. I had on a suit. The person interviewing me had on a polo shirt an tennis shorts. I'm black. He was white. I got the job.

I remember years before that I was at traffic court in Jackson Gap Alabama (speed trap capital of the world.) A young man was up for a DUI. He had on a suit. The attorney who successfully represented him had on a sports coat and blue jeans.

The idea that you can tell whether someone who comes to a meeting at a freaking Starbucks is really there for a business investment meeting based on how he is dressed is completely laughable! That said, this was probably one of those "Call this number to find out how to flip houses" kind of deals rather than a "Let's build the next Trump towers" business meeting.

Lastly, Starbucks business model is "Let people hang out, enjoy our free Wifi, and hopefully buy our overpriced food and drink" model rather than the "let's run people out if they aren't buying something" model. I've done Uber driving and at times I'd hang out at McDonald's waiting for the next ride. I'd buy a drink at least (just $1) and most of the time it was never a problem but sometimes they would go around and make people leave if they had been there longer than a certain amount of time. Usually businesses that feel that way have a sign up and that McD put one up. (They had homeless people who would actually go to sleep in there.)

It really depends on the business model and how it's being applied. If everyone is told "If you haven't recently bought something you have to leave" that's one thing. If the policy is selectively enforced that's another. That said Starbucks has a right to be stupid about its policy and people offended by it have a right not to go back. Free market goes both ways.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Usually businesses that feel that way have a sign up and that McD put one up. (They had homeless people who would actually go to sleep in there.)
    And a starbucks in center city philly, is not going to be unfamiliar with either homeless people or black patrons. Which is why I was suspicious of this story from the get go. One is simply not going to ever be a manager of a store like that, in that location and be one who kicks people out just because of racism.

Two black men arrested at Starbucks settle with Philadelphia for $2

The two black men whose arrest at a Philadelphia Starbucks last month set off a wave of protests against the coffee giant for discrimination have reached a settlement with the city, the mayor's office said Wednesday.

They will each be paid $1.

In addition, Donte Robinson and Rashon Nelson, both 23, will release the city and employees of all claims in exchange for the creation of a $200,000 fund that, through the help of a nonprofit organization, will assist young entrepreneurs in Philadelphia.
    More at link

hxxps://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna870816
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That's what gets me. I have been given the choice to buy something or leave. When I am given the choice, I take one. I avoid having the cops called on me. If I was slow and somehow missed that the cops were called, I would not have a 7 minute discussion with them-. I don't talk to cops--. I would just leave.

That said, it looks like it's financially smarter to tresspass, get arrested and file a lawsuit

Like night follows day ...

"Robinson and Nelson agreed to a settlement with Starbucks for an undisclosed sum and an offer of free college tuition to complete bachelor's degrees through an online program with Arizona State University that was created four years ago for Starbucks employees."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ch-settlements

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    free college tuition to complete bachelor's degrees through an online program with Arizona State University that was created four years ago for Starbucks employees."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ch-settlements
    Do you think they'll take them up on that offer?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Of course. These young scholars will now finally get their life on-track; they've been given the chance to escape from the trap of hateful racism and Slavery's Eternal Shadow. A chance they should have been given many years ago.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know but I'll bet they took the "undisclosed sum".

One thing that annoys me is that most of the articles make it sound like they only accepted a $1 sum and had the city donate 200,000 to a charity.

"The two black men who were arrested while waiting in a Starbucks last month have reached an agreement with Philadelphia: The city will spend $200,000 to help young entrepreneurs.

And the men, Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson, both 23, will each be given $1."

I don't know but I'll bet they took the "undisclosed sum".

One thing that annoys me is that most of the articles make it sound like they only accepted a $1 sum and had the city donate 200,000 to a charity.

"The two black men who were arrested while waiting in a Starbucks last month have reached an agreement with Philadelphia: The city will spend $200,000 to help young entrepreneurs.

And the men, Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson, both 23, will each be given $1."
    Doesn't that $1 make you feel good though?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Doesn't that $1 make you feel good though?
    What amazes me is that our economy hasn't collapsed yet from all the debt we've accumulated from all the free stuff we give out.

What amazes me is that our economy hasn't collapsed yet from all the debt we've accumulated from all the free stuff we give out.
    We have the best PR on the planet so people trust us with the debt. Hollywood and celebrities are what makes it happen. Hollywood could actually threaten Trump and start making $#@!ty movies about US of A. Oh, wait, that's what they already doing.

WaPo:
    Starbucks Chairman Howard Schultz said Thursday that the company will now open its bathrooms to everyone, regardless of whether a purchase has been made, following the arrest of two African American men who had asked to use the bathroom at one of its downtown Philadelphia coffee shops.
    Schultz, speaking at the Atlantic Council in Washington hours before he was slated to receive a business leadership award, said the company is changing its policy, after weeks of controversy, because it wants everyone — customer or not — to feel welcome at Starbucks.
    “We don’t want to become a public bathroom, but we’re going to make the right decision a hundred percent of the time and give people the key,” Schultz said, “because we don’t want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are less than.”

oh-OH, it's magic. You know-o-oh.
    Last edited by H_H; 05-11-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Nobody is going to want to work at Starbucks anymore because they are going to have to clean the disgusting bathrooms up after homeless people.

The quality of employees is going to fall drastically.

Related:
    https://www.change.org/p/starbucks-s...ut-to-cleaners
    Petition: STOP STARBUCKS BARISTAS FROM HAVING TO CLEAN THE WASHROOMS..CONTRACT THEM OUT TO CLEANERS

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Nobody is going to want to work at Starbucks anymore because they are going to have to clean the disgusting bathrooms up after homeless people.

Related:
    Petition: STOP STARBUCKS BARISTAS FROM HAVING TO CLEAN THE WASHROOMS..CONTRACT THEM OUT TO CLEANERS
    lol at starbucks coffee makers being too good to clean restrooms. everybody should have a job cleaning restrooms for awhile as a kid, it helps you remain humble.

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post

WaPo:
    Starbucks Chairman Howard Schultz said Thursday that the company will now open its bathrooms to everyone, regardless of whether a purchase has been made, following the arrest of two African American men who had asked to use the bathroom at one of its downtown Philadelphia coffee shops.
    Schultz, speaking at the Atlantic Council in Washington hours before he was slated to receive a business leadership award, said the company is changing its policy, after weeks of controversy, because it wants everyone — customer or not — to feel welcome at Starbucks.
    “We don’t want to become a public bathroom, but we’re going to make the right decision a hundred percent of the time and give people the key,” Schultz said, “because we don’t want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are less than.”

oh-OH, it's magic. You know-o-oh.
    Bwahahahaha, they just slit their own throat, rather than even be hinted at being "rayciss".

Good, hope the idiot, SJW $#@!ers go bankrupt in a year.

I now drink this coffee pretty exclusively.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    lol at starbucks coffee makers being too good to clean restrooms. everybody should have a job cleaning restrooms for awhile as a kid, it helps you remain humble.
    Ya, until you walk into a stall that has poop all over the walls.

Related:
    Not necessarily true because here in Omaha, you don't even have to buy anything to use the restrooms in just about all the restaurants. Some places use passwords to lock their wifis but they will still give you the password regardless of whether you are patronizing their business or not(Dave & Busters and Starbucks for sure). And this has always been like this ever since I came to the states.

Paying customers do that..

Freakin' Lawyers on a Coke Binge do that .

Truck Drivers do That..

It has nothing to do with homeless..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Paying customers do that..

Freakin' Lawyers on a Coke Binge do that .

Truck Drivers do That..

It has nothing to do with homeless..
    Homeless people are most likely to have mental issues, be on drugs therefore they are most likely to poop on the floor. That is just reality

Done that... Managed a Restaurant..

Ya hose it out.. Clean it up.. Reality of Life, The Bathroom needs to be cleaned anyway... Explosive diarrhea or not.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Not necessarily true because here in Omaha, you don't even have to buy anything to use the restrooms in just about all the restaurants. Some places use passwords to lock their wifis but they will still give you the password regardless of whether you are patronizing their business or not(Dave & Busters and Starbucks for sure). And this has always been like this ever since I came to the states.
    Wow, you really don't get it.

Every place in the country lets you use the restroom if you aren't a customer, if you come into the store LOOKING AND ACTING like a customer and not a homeless person or a gang banger - doesn't matter what color your skin is.

Places that start allowing homeless people to use their restrooms soon find that some homeless people are alcoholics and drug addicts, they $#@! everywhere, leave needles, try and take showers in the sink and leave the bathroom a complete mess (yes, sometimes leaving $#@! on the walls, because some homeless people are crazy).

As a business owner, you now have to either deal with having really dirty bathrooms that your customers don't want to use and so they go somewhere else and you lose business, or you have to make your employees clean $#@! off the walls every day and eventually they quit to go work somewhere that doesn't allow homeless people in their bathrooms.

Sorry you don't understand the reality of living in a big city, but this is pretty basic stuff.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-11-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast