Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbucks in hot water for having cops remove two black men from Philly store

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Wait a minute, you're siding with Starbucks? I figured you'd be at the protest!

You don’t know much, and that’s a fact. – The Duchess, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Chapter 6
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    My wife and step daughter are both capable of taking the trash out themselves.
    My assistance was not required..

I have watched them both handle drunken shrimpers, homeless panhandlers, and thieves without police assistance,,

so perhaps I just have different perspective
    As I said, I have never called the cops. However, it is good to see you admit that sometimes certain patronage is not desired.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    As I said, I have never called the cops. However, it is good to see you admit that sometimes certain patronage is not desired.
    That was never an issue,, despite me being misread.

Blatant Racism is.

And a lot of folks want to change the issue to property rights....
    and pretend that the very obvious racist bias does not exist.

I believe it to be disingenuous.
    I find the alt-right and anafta to be an equally disgusting phenomenon. reminiscent of 1930s Germany or Iran in 1953.

I ain't playing that game.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    catch-22
    noun
    a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions.
    "a catch-22 situation"

synonyms: dilemma, quandary, vicious circle
    I know what a catch 22 is. What would have been the downside of not calling the cops?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Blatant Racism is.

I find the alt-right and anafta to be an equally disgusting phenomenon. reminiscent of 1930s Germany or Iran in 1953.

Preach Pete. I just like you hate racial prejudice, I think those guys were stereotyped and singled out to be kicked out because of the colour of their trousers . And I will add that I would personally boycott any business that conducts business this way but I don't think they should face any govt sanctions or fines.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Preach Pete. I just like you hate racial prejudice, I think those guys were stereotyped and singled out to be kicked out because of the colour of their trousers . And I will add that I would personally boycott any business that conducts business this way but I don't think they should face any govt sanctions or fines.

Just my 2 cents.
    Do you think they will get the message, considering conservatives are also boycotting Starbucks for putting their SJW underwear on and presuming that race was involved in the manager's decision?

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What a moron. The guy says hes all for fairness and then is OK with the fact that they kicked out a potential customer 10 mins after their arrival because they choose to enforce a rule that they rarely enforced.

Also, Starbucks paraphernalia? I guess someone is used to frying their brain cells (or what little is left of it) on drugs. I know when I go to starbucks, I buy their product or merchandise and not their paraphernalia

And yes, I stereotyped that mental retard because he seems to be cool with stereotyping other people
    Last edited by juleswin; 04-19-2018 at 02:49 PM.

a dilemma
    For whom? At what time? This time? Or the time this incident began to unfold?

Do you think they will get the message, considering conservatives are also boycotting Starbucks for putting their SJW underwear on and presuming that race was involved in the manager's decision?

I don't think starbucks takes welfare cards, his business won't be missed. Btw, anyone still wearing a Trump T shirt this point in the game is a special kind of stupid. Even Alex Jones has woken up.

Blatant Racism is.

Wow! The discernment! That is a great skill that will be in demand by the .gov in the future when classifying thought crimes. Blatant is even more serious.

100% agree. It's a little disturbing to me that this incident is split down the middle on this forum.

By the way I read an article a day or two ago that said the CEO was meeting with the two guys AND a bunch of race whores like Al Sharpton, etc. I'm sure Starbucks is going to have to make a bunch of "donations" to various groups.
    I agree

The Duchess, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Chapter 6
    Oh, thank you so much. Chapter 6, you say? Mmm! You don't say! How informative! You are so very literate.

I challenge you to read this book that AZQuotes is quoting for you. There's the challenge of the day! Spoiler Alert: It was written by an Imperialist European Male of the White Persuasion, bigoted against everyone, and hateful against virtually everything you believe. It is hopelessly reactionary for Current Year.

Happy reading!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, and based on your avatar: Your hair wants cutting.

I don't think starbucks takes welfare cards, his business won't be missed. Btw, anyone still wearing a Trump T shirt this point in the game is a special kind of stupid. Even Alex Jones has woken up.
    Nice troll, obviously you didn't watch the video and have no genuine interest in the subject.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What a moron. The guy says hes all for fairness and then is OK with the fact that they kicked out a potential customer 10 mins after their arrival because they choose to enforce a rule that they rarely enforced.
    They were never customers, never going to be.

And yes, I stereotyped that mental retard because he seems to be cool with stereotyping other people
    What the $#@! are you talking about??

Also, nice job NOT addressing the actual topic of the video at all. Just like you do with all other videos posted here. I don't even remember him saying the word paraphernalia, yet you go off for two paragraphs on it even though it had nothing to do with the topic of the video.

Wow! The discernment!.
    Seen it before

and it is common enough here,, with the Stormfront folks that attached to Ron.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Seen it before

oh noes, racists everywhere.

Blatant Racism is [an issue].

Uh-oh, uh-oh, red alert. The Starbuck Lords in these tapey-tapes do seem to be biased... against the Impolite, and in favor of the Polite.

You aren't implying -- no! you wouldn't! -- that certain races are more disposed to be polite and quiet and others to be impolite and loud*. Are you? Nah, you wouldn't do that. You're an ANTI-racist, after all. But I feel ya. It's hard to be an anti-racist without also simultaneously being a racist. Pretty hard. Totally worth it, but pretty hard. Really hard. Probably impossible.

* (and thus can't be blamed and shouldn't be held to account for their behavior: that would be an unfair, too-high standard)
    Last edited by H_H; 04-19-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Seen it before

You just said your sisters owned bars/businesses and had to kick people out for misbehaving.

What if one of the people they kicked out was black, and your sister was falsely accused by someone of kicking them out of the bar for being black, and your sister was subsequently beaten to death for it?

This is why people are comparing this to a thought crime. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE MANAGER OF STARBUCKS WAS THINKING. But you pretend to know, then insinuate you want to beat them to death anyway. You don't know what the manager in the video was thinking when she didn't allow the black guy to use the restroom either, you just assumed it was because of his skin color and not his attitude.

Also, you never told me about your experiences cleaning $#@! off the walls of public restrooms, and then happily inviting everyone to come use the bathroom you keep clean.

I agree that if your thought process constantly revolves around race and you are always judging people solely on their race, that is a huge problem. It is a bigger problem in prisons, but really one of the lowest problems on the totem pole in our current society, assuming you are talking about stormfront types. But it still not as big of a problem as the SJWs in this country are creating, and you are taking the side of the SJWs in this case, people who you admit are racist.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-19-2018 at 03:13 PM.

They were never customers, never going to be.

What the $#@! are you talking about??

Also, nice job NOT addressing the actual topic of the video at all. Just like you do with all other videos posted here. I don't even remember him saying the word paraphernalia, yet you go off for two paragraphs on it even though it had nothing to do with the topic of the video.
    The dumbass guy in the video said paraphernalia not you, did u even listen to the video?. Believe me, I tried to give him a chance but the vibe I got from him from the way he spoke and dressed told me that he had nothing intelligent or worthwhile to say. Nothing, so I stopped listening after about 3 mins.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The dumbass guy in the video said paraphernalia not you, did u even listen to the video?. Believe me, I tried to give him a chance but the vibe I got from him from the way he spoke and dressed told me that he had nothing intelligent or worthwhile to say. Nothing, so I stopped listening after about 3 mins.
    Well when you say something intelligent maybe I will trust when you say somebody else doesn't say anything intelligent..

The guy laid it out, the manager asked them to buy something or leave, they refused to buy something. The cops came and said they were free to go, but they refused to buy something or leave. They were on private property, it had nothing to do with them being black. It had to do with their attitude, how they were acting, and the fact that they hadn't purchased anything.

Starbucks doesn't mind people in their store who don't buy $#@! if they aren't bothering other people.

You don’t know much, and that’s a fact. – The Duchess, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Chapter 6
    Yes, because you're not exactly splaining your position. I just took a guess.

I know what a catch 22 is. What would have been the downside of not calling the cops?
    The downside is you'd potentially have non-paying customers replacing paying customers.

Wow! The discernment! That is a great skill that will be in demand by the .gov in the future when classifying thought crimes. Blatant is even more serious.
    Murder, theft, trespassing can be forgiven but thinking bad thoughts gets you the death penalty!

Well when you say something intelligent maybe I will trust when you say somebody else doesn't say anything intelligent..

The guy laid it out, the manager asked them to buy something or leave, they refused to buy something. The cops came and said they were free to go, but they refused to buy something or leave. They were on private property, it had nothing to do with them being black. It had to do with their attitude, how they were acting, and the fact that they hadn't purchased anything.

Starbucks doesn't mind people in their store who don't buy $#@! if they aren't bothering other people.
    That's how I read it.

Seen it before

The thing is it is not the stormfronters, but rather business owners on the forum such as myself who see thoughtcrime written all over this knee jerk reaction. Would I have called the police in this situation? Most likely not, but in theory, police are there to protect private property. After being asked to leave, the two men were trespassing... Period. Anything after that is thoughtcrime territory.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you on the important part that there shouldn't be any govt sanctions and your right to boycott. Are you consistent on this? Are you against discrimination laws in general? Should Starbucks be permitted to sell to "whites only"?

The funniest part of the video Pete is talking about is the manager was asian or hispanic.. not white..

The black guy made a huge scene, brought the white guy over who was all quiet and confronted them about it.

What he doesn't realize is if he was quiet and polite and acted like he was in a coffee shop they would have let him use the restroom, even though they are under no obligation to do so.

I've watched that clip and my thought is that he must not have had to go that badly.

'I really have to pee. Oh wait, gotta make time for a rant on (perceived) racism. Let me turn the camera on first.'

I'm so sick of the "look at me!" generation.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 04-19-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The downside is you'd potentially have non-paying customers replacing paying customers.
    I think that is already part of their business plan, dunno if starbucks is run the same way here in Omaha as it is done in Philadelphia. Anyway, when I was in college, we would go to starbucks to do some school projects when we couldn't all meet in school. Ofc, we were all broke college students and the plan was always to just to use wifi and then go home. But and a big butt, most people ended up buying coffee or some pastry with the cc. Its not easy to resist the smell of starbucks coffee.

And actually, sometime nobody buys anything at all. I think the gamble(not dilemma) is that they must have calculated that not many people will come in and not buy anything. These were 2 people(even if you believe 100% that they weren't going to buy anything) in the restaurant for 10 mins waiting to meeting what I presume is a paying customer, there was no need to kick em out. It is one thing if they've been in the store for hours without buying anything and then you applying this very unknown rule on them.

My worry is that it seems like they acted a bit too quickly and applied this rule to them alone and that really worries me.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast