Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Starbucks in hot water for having cops remove two black men from Philly store

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

can't profile because of statistics...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people...

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Starbucks burned by social-justice appeasement as growth stalls, stock plunges
    Coffee giant to shutter 150 stores next year instead of 50

Starbucks may have appeased progressives with its social-justice workshops and open-bathroom policy, but such moves have failed to caffeinate the company’s bottom line.

The coffee giant’s stock took a tumble Wednesday after CEO Kevin Johnsonannounced that Starbucks would close 150 company-owned stores next year instead of the expected 50, with an emphasis on underperforming shops in densely populated urban areas, and lowered growth projections.

Mr. Johnsonacknowledged that the decision to shut down 8,000 U.S. stores on May 29 for anti-bias training, driven by the high-profile arrests of two black men in Philadelphia, played a role in the company’s sluggish second-quarter performance.

“In this current quarter, certainly we had an unplanned initiative driven out of the Philadelphia incident, we closed all our stores for training, we had to delay some marketing, but none of that is an excuse,” Mr. Johnson told CNBC. “The fact is the way I think about a growth company at scale is we’ve got to deliver consistent growth, month after month, quarter after quarter, and year after year. And we have not done that.”
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sement-growth/

The SJWs from the board and the top brass ring should go. It may turn out they are really big on discipline instead of openness.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    “The fact is the way I think about a growth company at scale is we’ve got to deliver consistent growth, month after month, quarter after quarter, and year after year. And we have not done that.”
    meh, this stupid mindset. growth for the sake of growth, throw it in the woods.

I disagree with the headline somewhat -

Starbucks would close 150 company-owned stores next year instead of the expected 50, with an emphasis on underperforming shops in densely populated urban areas, and lowered growth projections.
    They are just shutting down their free bathrooms. Pretty funny.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Starbucks says anti-bias training hurt sales

Starbucks officials said closing its stores nationwide for an afternoon in May to conduct anti-bias training impacted it sales over the past quarter.

The Associated Press reported Thursday that officials said shutting down the stores for the day lowered comparable-store sales by less than half a percent.

Starbucks held the training after an employee at a Philadelphia store called police on two black men who were at the store but did not order anything.

The incident sparked a national outcry. Starbucks also announced that going forward, stores would allow anyone to use its bathrooms without having to buy a product.

The company said in its third-quarter earnings report Thursday that total sales increased by 11.5 percent to $6.31 billion, compared to $5.66 billion during the same quarter last year, CNBC reported.

Revenue was slightly below estimates, with the company earning $6.23 billion compared to the expected $6.25 billion.

Sales increased by 1 percent at established stores in the U.S., after the number of sales declined but the amount spent during each visit rose, according to the AP.

Starbucks has cited health concerns over its beverages like Frappuccinos for lower sales.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/ec...ing-hurt-sales
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Starbucks locations in the Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue metropolitan region will be shortly introducing needle deposit boxes in store bathrooms after thousands of employees signed a petition demanding the coffee company do more to “protect employees.”
    “Exposure to HIV/AIDS, Hep C, Hep B, etc. is a risk in Seattle where there is a heroin/hep c crisis. There is no vaccine for Hep C, and Starbucks refuses to comment when employees mention this risk,” the petition — posted by “Citizen Z” states. “Employees risk getting poked, and DO get poked, even when following ‘protocol’ of using gloves and tongs to dispose of used needles left in bathrooms, tampon disposal boxes, and diaper changing stations.”

The petition provides a brief understanding of the hazardous conditions at work. First, there is a fear among employees that they will come in contact with hypodermic needles that are regularly disposed of in trash cans in bathrooms by opioid addicts and the homeless. The petition provides an example of some employees having to receive medical care and paying "almost two thousand dollars" for hospital bills after-exposure. It goes on to say that employees must "pay out-of-pocket for this before being reimbursed until Starbucks's company insurance kicks in," adding that, "many baristas cannot afford the medical bills and have to resort to "loans and credit cards."

It goes on to say that there is a significant risk for pregnant employees, or those with immune disorders, find themselves afraid to go to work because of needles that are generally found in Starbucks bathrooms throughout the Seattle region. “Making coffee should not come with this kind of easily detoured risk,” the petition ends.

As of Thursday afternoon, the petition has more than 3,700 signatures out of the 4,000 needed.
    Business Insider spoke with Starbucks representative Reggie Borges, who said employees are given a protocol for removing needles, but new disposal boxes will offer more safety.
    “These societal issues affect us all and can sometimes place our [employees] in scary situations,” said Borges. “I can’t emphasize enough that if our partners are ever in a position where they don’t feel comfortable completing a task, they are empowered to remove themselves from the situation… As we always do, we are constantly evaluating our processes and listening to partner feedback of ways we can be better.”
    Starbucks will be installing FDA-cleared sharps disposal containers in bathrooms around the city. Sharps containers are made from rigid plastic, and allow people to safely dispose of needles, syringes and other sharp medical instruments that might otherwise pierce a trash bag.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-sign-petition
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

We are so screwed as a society.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    We are so screwed as a society.
    How could that be???

Aren't they using the Peer Review process?

Or could it be that our authorities and authority figures are all lying to us?

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    How could that be???

Aren't they using the Peer Review process?

Or could it be that our authorities and authority figures are all lying to us?
    Say it ain't so...........

McDonalds in Bristol CT does not follow in Starbucks footsteps. I went into a McDonalds for first time in like forever last Sunday. I went into restroom to piss and wash my hands. When I was leaving I noticed a 30ish black guy that was at the sink with his shirt off. I left and rejoined my family. I later noticed him taking napkins out of the dispenser and saw him outside with other homeless people. That particular McDonalds has a sign that states something to the effect of, No loitering. Time limit 30 minutes while consuming purchased food.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819