Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbucks in hot water for having cops remove two black men from Philly store

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Now that they have explained their side I can say I have had the exact same thing happen to me, while guilty of being a greasy biker.

I am white.
    Perspective. ,, Been there both Homeless and working dirty...

The State says I am White. I reject their definition.

I am Man. and the state does not define me. I am not programmed, categorized or easily referenced.

I have been a Free Man since 1980,, a free man in a cage,, and a free man under supervision,, and unsupervised since 2005.

I saw this $#@! used as a tool of the prison..
    I hate seeing this country become the prison I was freed from. And I am not a tool of the Guards.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-19-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It is one reason, yet another from the google discrimination lawsuit:
    Meanwhile the two men arrested at Starbucks have retained a second attorney:

Men Arrested at Starbucks Have Retained Cohen Placitella as Civil Counsel

Two black men who were arrested at a Starbucks coffee shop in Philadelphia as they waited to meet an acquaintance for a business meeting have retained counsel from a well-known mass-tort civil litigation firm as protesters Monday staged sit-ins.

https://www.law.com/thelegalintellig...20180319111251

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Couldn't they've just ordered some coffee?
    I'm sure they could have.

Manager - "Look guys, I know you are waiting on a client to discuss some business...But I'm gonna get in trouble with my bosses if I let people hang out without buying something. Can I get you a couple of coffees so I don't get in a bind?"

Two dudes - "Yeah sure, we understand. Two small regulars, thanks."
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-19-2018 at 09:50 AM.

You were understanding with the part where he says he'd kill the owner of a business who only allowed whites?
    No, or pulling their business licences.

I've know and interacted with Pete for ten years now, we've talked on the phone, discussed business, have had similar life experiences, I consider him a friend.

He's passionate about this issue, and we probably wouldn't see eye to eye on it.

That doesn't make him a communist, just like me being in favor of immigration control doesn't make me a Fascist.

We're too small in number to tear each other's throats out.

Our opposition, who are authoritarian communists, are more than happy to do that for us.

Meanwhile the two men arrested at Starbucks have retained a second attorney:

Men Arrested at Starbucks Have Retained Cohen Placitella as Civil Counsel

Two black men who were arrested at a Starbucks coffee shop in Philadelphia as they waited to meet an acquaintance for a business meeting have retained counsel from a well-known mass-tort civil litigation firm as protesters Monday staged sit-ins.

https://www.law.com/thelegalintellig...20180319111251
    Is anybody surprised at this?

Payday, for all parties, especially the liarywers.

Losers?

The hapless broad who lost her job and now has a howling Bolshevik mob out for her blood, for following what is more than likely company policy.

The ever $#@!ed taxpayers, once they get done milking Starbucks for a couple million, they'll sue the cops for a couple million more.

That's what gets me. I have been given the choice to buy something or leave. When I am given the choice, I take one. I avoid having the cops called on me. If I was slow and somehow missed that the cops were called, I would not have a 7 minute discussion with them-. I don't talk to cops--. I would just leave.

That said, it looks like it's financially smarter to tresspass, get arrested and file a lawsuit

Our opposition, who are authoritarian communists, are more than happy to do that for us.
    My Friend,, it is our opposition that created the whole Race issue,,,, for the very purpose of division.
    Divide and conquer... it's not just a catch phrase.

and people keep it going on both sides of whatever line is drawn...

I take my stand against it.

and I can find nothing about an overpriced trendy business with a piss poor business model to defend.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    and I can find nothing about an overpriced trendy business with a piss poor business model to defend.
    Even jerk ass SJW companies have the right to do business and control their property as they see fit.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post

That said, it looks like it's financially smarter to tresspass, get arrested and file a lawsuit
    Because that is the system we have,,, (and it sucks)

I wish for and envision an entirely different environment.. but this is the reality that has been created.

This whole thing could have been and should have been a non issue..
    and the fact that it still is an issue needs to be honestly addressed.

unfortunately that happens in Wholly Corrupted Courtrooms.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I'm sure they could have.

Manager - "Look guys, I know you are waiting on a client to discuss some business...But I'm gonna get in trouble with my bosses if I let people hang out without buying something. Can I get you a couple of coffees so I don't get in a bind?"

Two dudes - "Yeah sure, we understand. Two small regulars, thanks."
    I understand your point, that the manager could've possibly de-escalated the situation, but that'll only work some of the time. The truth is that Starbucks or any other big business is in a no-win situation due to discrimination laws. Discrimination laws are the root problem. From a libertarian standpoint, discrimination laws are about as bad as laws can get. They're anti property rights, anti freedom of association, and they criminalize thought. That's what we should be pissed off about in my opinion.

Because that is the system we have,,, (and it sucks)

I wish for and envision an entirely different environment.. but this is the reality that has been created.

This whole thing could have been and should have been a non issue..
    and the fact that it still is an issue needs to be honestly addressed.

unfortunately that happens in Wholly Corrupted Courtrooms.
    So a better system is to let a non-paying customer take up the seat of a paying customer? This is what I don't get. What are you complaining about? Businesses pay rent or mortages. This is a private property issue.

Even jerk ass SJW companies have the right to do business and control their property as they see fit.
    No Doubt true,, in a free society. we don't have one of those.

Though abusing customers is a piss poor business model.

It is quite obvious that some here know nothing about Business,, because they would realize that anyone who walks in is a customer.
    Today,, tomorrow,, or next week. and the kids are future customers...

and if you don't understand that you deserve to fail.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    So a better system is to let a non-paying customer take up the seat of a paying customer?
    That did not happen ,,,so I wonder why it is presented as if it had?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I agree, although I wouldn't be surprised if Starbucks reputation for political correctness was actually a corporate decision made to reduce lawsuits of the type they are now facing.

I agree, although I wouldn't be surprised if Starbucks reputation for political correctness was actually a corporate decision made to reduce lawsuits of the type they are now facing.
    Oh no, I'm quite they are sincere, and at all corporate levels strive for "diversity" and blarg blarg blarg.

Which is why this is so deliciously ironic.

It is quite obvious that some here know nothing about Business,, because they would realize that anyone who walks in is a customer.

That isn't even close to true.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I understand your point, that the manager could've possibly de-escalated the situation, but that'll only work some of the time. The truth is that Starbucks or any other big business is in a no-win situation due to discrimination laws. Discrimination laws are the root problem. From a libertarian standpoint, discrimination laws are about as bad as laws can get. They're anti property rights, anti freedom of association, and they criminalize thought. That's what we should be pissed off about in my opinion.
    Granted, but the fact is they are there, and if it wasn't this law, it would have been some other law within the unknowable maze of laws, rules, codes, edicts, fatwas and mandates we all live under.

That's why calling cops is always an absolute last resort.

That's why calling cops is always an absolute last resort.
    It is why they are. and why they should not be.

But the Fact is,, this is an Authoritarian Society. with lots of petty authoritarians,,
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

the whole Race issue...I take my stand against it.
    So does AF, you could say, in his own way. Just a different way than you.

One of you is Moralizing, the other is Practical. One wants to Stand for the Cathedrally-Approved 'Good' (Good-Think), the other wants to solve the problem, logistically and realistically. Both approaches are fine. Just different.
    Last edited by H_H; 04-19-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Interesting development:

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    Interesting development:

Fake.

Fake.
    You sure?

I'll betcha they'd honor it regardless. So, for all practical purposes: Real.

Interesting development:
    Apparently they realized that they have a problem...
    They watched the videos.. Both of them and likely others from security cameras.
    They watched their manager create a problem where there should not have been one..

And they are attempting to address the issue.. The manager is GONE..That was immediate.

https://twitter.com/Starbucks/status/986327280073895936
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-19-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

You sure?

I'll betcha they'd honor it regardless. So, for all practical purposes: Real.
    I'm sure it's fake but you're right, they'll have to honor it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's funny that this has happened to Starbucks but it will happen elsewhere.

Squatters (homeless) and criminals (drug dealers, prostitutes) alike will be given slack as to not possibly upset the mob.

I'm not sure where this Starbucks is in relation to the layout of Philadelphia but in every major city the McDonald's or Starbucks etc. near downtown becomes a hangout for the homeless. The homeless shelters typically only let people stay there at night so during the day there is a large amount of homeless walking around (and subsequently loitering at McDonald's, Starbucks etc.).

And BTW, this generation is a bunch of whiny, self entitled, little bitches.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Granted, but the fact is they are there, and if it wasn't this law, it would have been some other law within the unknowable maze of laws, rules, codes, edicts, fatwas and mandates we all live under.
    I'm a believer in natural law, that there are valid, moral laws and invalid ones. For example laws against murder, rape, theft are all valid because those actions deprive people of their rights. Discrimination laws are the opposite. They violate the rights of the party that's NOT depriving anyone of their rights.

Apparently they realized that they have a problem...
    They watched the videos.. Both of them and likely others from security cameras.
    They watched their manager create a problem where there should not have been one..

And they are attempting to address the issue.. The manager is GONE..That was immediate.

https://twitter.com/Starbucks/status/986327280073895936
    Lol, that has nothing to do with anything to do with reality, they are just trying to cover their ass. Even if you are right and the manager acted poorly it wouldn't reflect on their reaction to the situation. They are just trying to placate the leftists at this point. But that may not be the best way to handle things considering the lawsuit coming down the pike.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You don't know what you are talking about. I run a business. I have people ( usually weirdos) who think the place I pay money for and the electrity that they use is public. Not only do they use my resources, but they also tend to annoy my actual customers with their entitled attitude towards others. So not only do they use what is not theirs they annoy those who pay.

I am usually hesitant to run them off. However a woman who runs another business in the same building isn't, and she's kind of an SJW.

No Doubt true,, in a free society. we don't have one of those.

Though abusing customers is a piss poor business model.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

Squatters (homeless) and criminals (drug dealers, prostitutes) alike will be given slack as to not possibly upset the mob.

I'm not sure where this Starbucks is in relation to the layout of Philadelphia but in every major city the McDonald's or Starbucks etc. near downtown becomes a hangout for the homeless. The homeless shelters typically only let people stay there at night so during the day there is a large amount of homeless walking around (and subsequently loitering at McDonald's, Starbucks etc.).

Lol, ya I would love to know the nature of the "business meeting" they were setting up.. I mean, it could have been totally legit, but funny how they didn't really get into any details about what this business meeting entailed.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Tell me about it... The alley behind my office is littered with used condoms, needles, liquor bottles, etc. The hell I will let that in my space that I pay rent and feed my kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast