Thread: Legal fees made up more than 20% of Trump's campaign spending so far this year

Legal fees made up more than 20% of Trump's campaign spending so far this year

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/15/polit...ees/index.html

More than one-fifth of the $3.9 million that President Donald Trump's 2020 re-election campaign has spent this year has gone to legal fees, the campaign's latest quarterly Federal Election Commission filing shows.

About $835,000 in payments for "legal consulting" were made to eight firms and the Trump Corporation, with the most -- $347,000 -- going to Jones Day. Another $185,000 went to the firm Larocca Hornik Rosen Greenberg & Blaha. About $24,000 went to the Trump Corporation.

The steep legal bills come amid a probe into whether the Trump campaign was involved in Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election as well as a legal battle with adult film star Stormy Daniels.

In the first two months of 2018, the campaign paid $93,181.25 to the firm of Charles Harder, the attorney representing Trump in the Stormy Daniels case.
    Trump's campaign raised $10.1 million in 2018's first three months and has $28.3 million in the bank, the campaign finance report shows.

Trump's campaign has also spent about $150,000 at Trump businesses, including the legal fees, per the FEC report. That includes about $68,000 at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC, to cover costs including event rental space, hotel stays and parking.

The campaign spent another $58,000 on costs listed as "rent" divided between three recipients: Trump Plaza, Trump Restaurants and Trump Tower.

Trump's former personal aide John McEntee received $22,000 in payments from the campaign starting on March 23, the FEC filing shows. McEntee was fired from the White House amid a Department of Homeland Security investigation into possible financial crimes, a source told CNN after he was dismissed. After news of his firing broke, the Trump campaign announced it had hired McEntee as a senior adviser for campaign operations.

Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale's consulting firm was the largest single recipient of campaign cash, receiving $1.7 million for digital and advertising services.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On his personal lawyer front:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/15/polit...ion/index.html

Another white collar lawyer turns down Trump

Another white collar lawyer has turned down the opportunity to represent President Donald Trump, citing an unidentified conflict, as the President struggles to add to the legal team representing him in the special counsel investigation.

People close to Trump contacted New York attorney Steven Molo, a former prosecutor who specializes in white collar defense and court room litigation, in recent weeks following the departure of attorney John Dowd from Trump's personal legal team.

Molo is only the latest attorney to receive an invitation to help Trump during special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into the 2016 campaign and any possible dealings with Russia. Other lawyers who declined to join Trump's team include former US Solicitor General Ted Olson; Emmet Flood, who's worked for multiple presidents; Robert Bennett, Bill Clinton's attorney in the Paula Jones litigation; and Bob Giuffra, of Sullivan & Cromwell.

Molo has a depth of courtroom experience, which could suggest the kind of skills Trump's legal team is seeking as it prepares to decide whether the President will be interviewed by Mueller. The approach to Molo followed the March announcement that attorneys Joseph di Genova and Victoria Toensing would not join the Trump team because of conflicts.

Trump's lawyer Jay Sekulow declined to comment.

Molo also said conflicts played a role in his decision to turn down the offer to represent the President, a client that some lawyers have said is too difficult to manage. Trump's lawyers are still having trouble finding attorneys to join their team.

"I regret a current conflict related to the investigation prevents me from representing the President at this time," Molo told CNN.

Despite his experience, Molo was an unusual choice. He went head to head with Trump in 2008 when the then-real estate developer sued Deutsche Bank to try to get out of paying $40 million of a construction loan Trump personally guaranteed.

Molo, representing the German lender, quoted Trump's own boastful words as part of the bank's defense, including a quote from one book Trump authored: "I turned it on the banks and let them accept some of the blame. I figured it was the bank's problem not mine."

An out-of-court settlement was reached.

Be tough to beat the vile DNC like that .
    Do something Danke

Are you saying it takes money to fight an inquisitor with infinite budget, time, and scope

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What does this article tell us?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Seeing as the media who were against him "wink" "wink" "wink" gave him more campaign coverage/exposure than anyone in the race. I bet his actually ads made little to no difference in the race.

How much did Hillary spend?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    How much did Hillary spend?
    A better question would be, how much had Obama spent on legal fees for his campaign at this same point into his term?
    How much had either one spent on hotdogs and pizza by now?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about the mega parties with all the celebrities?

I wasn't asking how much Hillary on attorney's but how much did she spend on her campaign.

If I spent $1 on my campaign and spent $1 on attorney I spent 100% on legal.