View Poll Results: How much trust do you put in current President's promises and statements?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very high/absolute

5 8.33%
  • High

2 3.33%
  • Low

6 10.00%
  • Very low/none

44 73.33%
  • Not sure/other

3 5.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much trust do you put in current President's promises and statements?

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    That's exactly it.

All of the people being hired are disposable, every single one. Bannon and Priebus and Scaramucci and Tillerson alike got the axe when they were no longer as useful as someone else could be in their place.

It's the opposite of the Clinton organized crime method, where once you sell your soul to the family, you're employed for life. There are no irreplaceable players as Obama had Jarrett or Bush had Rove. It's very possible that not a single at-will appointee may make it through the full 8 years.

Here's a good example of what's going on. The first press secretary, Sean Spicer, was pretty effective for a while. Then the extreme antics of the far left got to him, they got inside his head, he became reactive rather than proactive and was getting mauled in press conferences. Part of the reason for that was career staff in the press secretary's office who were opposition political actors rather than proper professionals. The problem was very bad - this was Obama's press office, after all. So in comes the hitman, Scaramucci, who immediately fires a ton of people, which got the problem fixed but shocked and demoralized the office in general, as when a lot of people get fired the rest always wonder who is next. A boss with a rep for firing a lot of people has scared workers, so he wasn't suitable thereafter. He got the axe and now we have Sanders in there, who is basically a one-woman wrecking ball against presstitute gaslighters and remains in control. If they get inside her head eventually, she'll be out and the next, fresh person will be in.

Trump's management style is very familiar to me as a consultant. People stay on the job as long as they are effective and then they get cut loose. It really shouldn't be controversial at all - they are, after all, his employees, and he was elected their boss.
    I've noticed Trump doing this. Those in the deep state are not necessarily on the same page. Just like any other power oriented organization individuals make enemies with each other as they climb the ladder. And when they are "in power" move against their agency enemies. I really wish there was an up to date reporting mechanism for all employees of any admin. alphabet org. I wonder if all this upper structure/public eye power plays have filtered down? That'd be a good thing.
    As far as opening the door for Rand....that's if you believe it's his goal to destroy the structure, or if you believe he is a part of the structure and, like any other president, is making his own power play.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-13-2018 at 04:18 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    Engineered crises call for tweets.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My trust in the promises of politicians is very low.

It appears to me that (other than other politicians) Donald Trump doesn't even care that the voters find out that he's lying: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...paign-promises

Maybe because Donald knows it aren't the voters that made him president.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Some conservatives don't seem to be able to tell lies/deceptions from truths:

Michael Hammond of Gun Owners of America: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'
    'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump as threat to confiscate guns prompts Second Amendment-related outrage
    Thursday 1 March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    I live with a teenage son who's an ESTP just like trump. My son is massively influenced by the people around him. When he was in kindergarten, by the end of the year he had morphed from an articulate, polite kid into the image of his ruffian classmates. We took him out and started homeschooling.

He's 17 now. A year ago, he started going out with a girl who's proud of her bi proclivities and thinks he looks really great in makeup. My wife now complains that my son's makeup collection is more extensive than she's ever had in her life. He looked like a mannequin in his prom photos.

I love my boy and I'm proud of him, and he's a good and intelligent person, but his impulse to sync up with his peers makes things confusing to say the least.

Although I don't doubt that there's a kernel of trump that's his own man, he's mostly a hybrid of a huge number of influential voices throughout his life. The people he gathers around him have a massive impact not just on his policy decisions, but on his entire worldview. At the beginning of the presidency, I wish it had been Rand instead of Bannon. Right now, I wish it wasn't the cream of neo-connery.
    Yes he seems to have immense hunger for validation, need to please his audience, need for personal loyalty. If these can be framed as principles, he's very principled.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    My trust in the promises of politicians is very low.

It appears to me that (other than other politicians) Donald Trump doesn't even care that the voters find out that he's lying: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...paign-promises

Maybe because Donald knows it aren't the voters that made him president.
    He advertized himself has a straight talking politician as opposite of "bull ****ter" politicians. Turns out he's not that different and is being controlled by special interests.

I never had much trust in his statements to begin with. Kind of hard to when he's been a progressive democrat for most of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    He hires them to fire swamp creatures.
    Does he hire neocons/others sometime to throw them under the bus too?

Nikki Haley finds herself under the bus as Trump shifts course on Russia

by Aaron Blake April 16

The Washington Post reported late Sunday that President Trump “has battled his top aides on Russia and lost.”
    Less than 20 hours later, Trump reversed U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley’s announcement that the United States would be ramping up sanctions on Russia.
    Hmm.
    The sudden reversal of Haley’s Sunday morning announcement is hardly the only example of the right hand in the White House not always knowing what the left hand is up to. Trump often seems to be negotiating not just those around him but also with himself, and he has been unafraid of contradicting top aides and even Cabinet-level officials such as Haley.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rse-on-russia/

Well according to some people whatever Trumps says, think the opposite. When he says he wants Snowden executed what hes really saying is "I want to bring Snowden back to the US and build a statue in his honor."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Well according to some people whatever Trumps says, think the opposite. When he says he wants Snowden executed what hes really saying is "I want to bring Snowden back to the US and build a statue in his honor."
    EM:

Trump: "We're Coming Out Of Syria Very Soon; Others Can Take Care Of It Now"

So we are staying there for a long time then using such guideline?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just hope he does some good by mistake.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Would this help somewhat restore credibiity of POTUS as his words and actions regarding surrounding himself with 'the best people' seems to be coming together based on recent statements:

Following is a transcript of those comments, as prepared by the White House. It has been lightly edited for clarity. The first section is at the White House.

REPORTER: Mr. President, how’s Rudy doing?

REPORTER: When did you find out?

TRUMP: I tell you what — Rudy is a great guy, but he just started a day ago. But he really has his heart into it. He’s working hard. He’s learning the subject matter. And he’s going to be issuing a statement too. But he is a great guy. He knows it’s a witch hunt. That’s what he knows. He’s seen a lot of them. And he said he’s never seen anything so horrible.
    As an example, 33,000 emails requested by Congress with a subpoena, and they get burned, they get deleted. And nobody says anything. Give me a break.

So Rudy knows it’s a witch hunt. He started yesterday. He’ll get his facts straight. He’s a great guy. But what he does is he feels it’s a very bad thing for our country, and he happens to be right.

REPORTER: When did you find out what the retainer was being spent on?
    TRUMP: Well, you’re going to find out, because we’re going to give a full list. And people know. And virtually everything said has been said incorrectly, and it’s been said wrong, or it’s been covered wrong by the press — just like NBC and ABC yesterday covered the story wrong.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/u...y-daniels.html

I voted.

Very low/none

this poll had enough options
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

If you trust any President then you're a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I voted.

Very low/none

this poll had enough options
    Very Low and None should be different options though.

not much

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Based on your view of his personal character, how much trust do you put in current President's promises and statements?
    For me, personal character has nothing to do with it. The US president is suppose to the most powerful position in the world. Power corrupts anyone.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    For me, personal character has nothing to do with it. The US president is suppose to the most powerful position in the world. Power corrupts anyone.
    Except, perhaps, a Ron Paul.
    There is no spoon.

To be fair, he never appeared with the Bible during campaign season. So can't be called Bible Thumping politician.

Two Corinthians walked into a bar.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    2 likes on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I put a lot of trust in the statements that he says that I like, and much less or zero trust in the statements that he says that I don't like.

That sounds kinda weird, but it actually ends up being pretty accurate in the longrun.
    Exactly, anyone who has read art of the deal knows which of his statements to trust. It's like having a decoder ring. He'll lie sometimes, but he's not lying to you and me, he's lying to the idiots who believe him.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Exactly, anyone who has read art of the deal knows which of his statements to trust. It's like having a decoder ring. He'll lie sometimes, but he's not lying to you and me, he's lying to the idiots who believe him.
    That's very loaded statement. NRA and other base groups might get offended.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

I stand corrected, he did appear with the Bible.

In un-related old news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp1gSBgMZAA

That's very loaded statement. NRA and other base groups might get offended.
    They shouldn't be. All else aside, Trump has a perfect rating on protecting the 2nd amendment hunting rights of every American
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yea would be nice if all the bases people saw it that way too.

Michael Hammond of Gun Owners of America: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'
    The GOA has the ridiculous belief that the 2nd amendment also protects weapons that are designed to kill people, and not just weapons that are designed to kill deer.

Which is of course ridiculous and why I only support the NRA.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The GOA has the ridiculous belief that the 2nd amendment also protects weapons that are designed to kill people, and not just weapons that are designed to kill deer.

Which is of course ridiculous and why I only support the NRA.
    You might be onto something.

And leave it to Dems to confuse masses about human/animal distinctions.

Trump's 'animal' comments were loathsomely loaded and coded
    President Trump's use of the word "animals" to describe members of the gang MS-13 is also coded to describe immigrants.
    Chicago Tribune
    today

This only proves Trump's sense of humor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast