Thread: Pensioner, 78, arrested on suspicion of MURDER after 'stabbing armed burglar'

Pensioner, 78, arrested on suspicion of MURDER after 'stabbing armed burglar'

The pensioner, 78, arrested on suspicion of MURDER after 'stabbing armed burglar, 38, to death in struggle in his kitchen' when two intruders woke him as he slept next to his wife

A 78-year-old homeowner has been arrested by murder detectives after a suspected burglar he fought with in his own kitchen died of a stab wound.

The pensioner, named locally as Richard Osborn-Brooks, was upstairs asleep with his wife when he was woken by the two men breaking into his suburban home in Hither Green, south-east London last night.

He was forced into his kitchen by one of the men, who was armed with a screwdriver, before a struggle ensued.

The intruder, a 38-year-old man, was left with wounds to his chest and local residents say he collapsed in a neighbouring road and died in hospital.

The homeowner was initially detained on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm but was later arrested on suspicion of murder. The case has been compared to that of Tony Martin, who was jailed for killing an intruder at his home in 1999.

The break-in comes amid a surge in violence in the capital, with 49 people already having died in crimes in London in 2018. Last night's death brings the toll to 50.
    One man, who lives on the adjoining Further Green Road, said there had been a recent spate of burglaries in the area.

'I was burgled in the last couple of months,' said the retired man, who did not want to be named.

'I was renovating the house and they broke in and took a laptop. I know this has happened to others recently.'
    More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-break-in.html
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-06-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Silly third world countries... is that what Trump meant by a $#@! hole country? Imagine a place where you can't even defend yourself without being charged with murder.