Thread: Feds want input on reclassifying cannabis

Thumbs up Feds want input on reclassifying cannabis

Source: httpx://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2018/04/06/feds-want-input-on-marijuana-reclassification/#57ea2b5b13e2

The Trump administration is asking Americans for input on whether marijuana should be reclassified under international drug control treaties to which the U.S. is a party.

Currently, under both U.S. law and global agreements, marijuana sits in the most restrictive category of Schedule I. Domestically, that means it is not available for formal prescriptions and research on its effects is heavily restricted. Globally, it means that nations signed onto drug treaties are not supposed to legalize cannabis.

But now, the United Nations World Health Organization is set to launch a review of the current international classification of marijuana, THC, cannabidiol and other related compounds and preparations, and it wants input from member nations. In turn, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is asking "interested persons" to submit comments that can inform the country's position on the issue before it weighs in with the UN.

Specifically, FDA is inviting input on the "abuse potential, actual abuse, medical usefulness, trafficking and impact of scheduling changes on availability for medical use of" cannabis and its compounds, the agency wrote in a Federal Register notice scheduled to be published on Monday.
    This was just posted today. Final draft should be available on 4/9/18.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...on-on-narcotic

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BUMP 4 L8R
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Is "vitamin" an option?

To ensure the cultural purity of Cultural Americans, toxic foreign cultural elements such as cannabis, which is well known to be of Hispanic culture, should be outlawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    To ensure the cultural purity of Cultural Americans, toxic foreign cultural elements such as cannabis, which is well known to be of Hispanic culture, should be outlawed.
    The founding fathers used hemp, likely as a medicine to some extent. The first draft of the declaration of independence was written on hemp.

And our current POTUS thinks states should be able to fully legalize cannabis.

Your comment really seems to come out of left field, I'm not sure what the purpose is.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

We must maintain the purity of our precious bodily fluids.

To ensure the cultural purity of Cultural Americans,
    WTF does that even mean.

toxic foreign cultural elements such as cannabis
    Cannabis isn't toxic.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Cannabis isn't toxic.
    It's obvious that it's a metaphor for cultural toxicity.
    Just like when the founders wrote "commerce among the states", they were obviously using "among" as a metaphor for "within",
    and how when they wrote "call forth the militia to repel invasions" they were obviously using a metaphor for "create an entire branch of the federal government to kick out people who cut grass at a substandard wage".

I think within that context it's entirely unreasonable to expect someone to use the word "toxic" with its literal dictionary definition.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    WTF does that even mean.

Cannabis isn't toxic.
    It's @TheCount's sarcasm.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The founding fathers used hemp, likely as a medicine to some extent. The first draft of the declaration of independence was written on hemp.

Your comment really seems to come out of left field, I'm not sure what the purpose is.
    The early states were taxed for NOT growing hemp as it is the most valuable plant anywhere.

It is also the reason that marijuana became illegal as BigCorps didn't want any competition from a plant that could make stronger steel, better cotton & even oil. Marijuana was made to sound evil so that the gov could attach it to hemp, it's sister plant, & convince the public that it was all about horrible drugs and protecting the children, yadda, yadda, yadda.

(And again, that was sarcasm on TheCount's part.)
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It's obvious that it's a metaphor for cultural toxicity.
    Just like when the founders wrote "commerce among the states", they were obviously using "among" as a metaphor for "within",
    and how when they wrote "call forth the militia to repel invasions" they were obviously using a metaphor for "create an entire branch of the federal government to kick out people who cut grass at a substandard wage".

I think within that context it's entirely unreasonable to expect someone to use the word "toxic" with its literal dictionary definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    It's @TheCount's sarcasm.
    I'm gonna drop some edibles and hopefully that sarcasm will make more sense to me.

Hopefully your bosses don't see such a lame troll job.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Don't you care about winning?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I think making hemp,cannabis,cocao,opium ect illegal is a crime against humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I think making hemp,cannabis,cocao,opium ect illegal is a crime against humanity.
    Its stupid, whatever you call it. Thousands of years of use, and in a couple decades half the Western world's calling them illegal or vile.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.