Thread: Trump: 'Just Kidding. We're Staying In Syria.'

Trump: 'Just Kidding. We're Staying In Syria.'

Trump: 'Just Kidding. We're Staying In Syria.'

That didn't take long. No sooner did President Trump vow to remove US troops from Syria, when after a meeting with Defense Secretary Mattis and other advisors resulted in another flip-flop. Like with the recent omnibus budget, he complained but went along with it. Will he pull out in six months as he more recently promised? Don't hold your breath!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will he pull out... Don't hold your breath!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Don't worry guys. Trump is going to keep his promise on this. Even if he ends up doing it in the last year of his second term.

It's good to know the Commander in Chief really, really wants to pull out of Syria but the meanies under his command won't let him. A+ for good intentions. We just need to be patient, I'm sure Mr. Alpha Male will grow a pair eventually.
    "The Patriarch"

US Isn’t Leaving Syria—But Media Lost It When Possibility Was Raised

At a rally in Cleveland last week, President Donald Trump said that the US will get out of Syria “very soon.” It is now clear that the 4,000 US troops currently occupying Syria will in fact stay in Syria even though keeping troops in another country in defiance of that country’s government is a violation of international law. Yet the very possibility of US withdrawal from Syria rendered "journalists" apoplectic ...—international law be damned.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Don't worry guys. Trump is going to keep his promise on this. Even if he ends up doing it in the last year of his second term.
    Or, the second year of his first term.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

We had troops in Syria?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Who could possibly have predicted this?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    It's good to know the Commander in Chief really, really wants to pull out of Syria but the meanies under his command won't let him. A+ for good intentions. We just need to be patient, I'm sure Mr. Alpha Male will grow a pair eventually.
    I can't tell anymore if this is sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I can't tell anymore if this is sarcasm.
    Yes it was. And I admit I fell for his spiel recently.
    "The Patriarch"

I'll take two steps forward and one step back as long as he repeats it often enough to finish what he started.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

No worries, top men are working on things to make sure you do.

Top men

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'll take two steps forward and one step back as long as he repeats it often enough to finish what he started.
    If Trump gets reelected he's going to go for MMT.

And I'm going to watch your head explode.

..."Well, $4 trillion deficits don't really matter, cash register losertarians, herp derp..."

The important thing is that crossdressers use the right bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Time will tell. But the two step is giving me a case of whiplash.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wait a second! John Bolton is back? WTH?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Wait a second! John Bolton is back? WTH?

This video is from 2018.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    This video is from 2018.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.

Thank goodness!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.

Thank goodness!

I'm happy to be able to share a little good news. Unfortunately, Bolton may be gone but the suck remains.
    Chris

I'm happy to be able to share a little good news. Unfortunately, Bolton may be gone but the suck remains.
    Welcome to the suck

...it's going to be around, so, let it wash over you, grind you into indifference, etc

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Global Policing: More US troops heading to Syria, Iraq

June 17, 2020
    FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) —

2,200 paratroopers assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division’s 2nd Brigade Combat Team deploying to Iraq and Syria amid the coronavirus pandemic ...

I'm shocked.
    Chris

I'm shocked.
    There will always be troops heading out as part of troop rotation until they are all home, but we have cut the number of troops in Iraq in half since January and we are going to keep reducing that number until they are all gone.

I've explained this troop rotation issue before but the TDS trolls like to twist the truth.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.