Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs

I think their business model is pure genius.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

I'll bite. What's so special about it?

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    I'll bite.
    How did it taste?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    How did it taste?
    Like a five alarm fire.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

loveshiscountry

How did it taste?
    Never had one. They do look good.

Jersey Mike's.

Best sub in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Jersey Mike's.

Best sub in the country.
    I do Jersey Mikes at least one day a week. It's the best sub I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I do Jersey Mikes at least one day a week. It's the best sub I've had.
    Used to live a few miles away from where they got started, and Mike's would be in regular rotation in the take out menu.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Went there today. Not impressed. A 12", but somehow a bite size, sandwich w/soda and a sour lemon cookie as a substitute for chips - $14 and change. They also have 4" sandwiches. Plenty of firefighting equipment in case a fire would break out. The main TV w/CNN was situated in a way that only employees could watch it. It was almost empty so I occupied the only mini-table that would get sorta OK view. The other two TVs were running sports to convince the population how important being a team player is.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Went there today. Not impressed. A 12", but somehow a bite size, sandwich w/soda and a sour lemon cookie as a substitute for chips - $14 and change. They also have 4" sandwiches. Plenty of firefighting equipment in case a fire would break out. The main TV w/CNN was situated in a way that only employees could watch it. It was almost empty so I occupied the only mini-table that would get sorta OK view. The other two TVs were running sports to convince the population how important being a team player is.
    You tried to watch CNN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

How did it taste?
    The Turkey and Cranberry sandwich is really wonderful. Thanksgiving on the bun. My husband loves just about everything on their menu.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    You tried to watch CNN?
    Curiosity.

12"?

Pfft...

This is a right proper New Jersey sub at 15".

i think they're franchises. my kid worked at one and I think they were only allowed to have sports on.

12"?

Pfft...

Incorrect

A proper New Jersey submarine sandwich is made of one piece of bread split, but not cut, into two halves.

And no photos exist, because no sane person would fiddle with his phone rather than eat one.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    The Turkey and Cranberry sandwich is really wonderful.
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Incorrect

A proper New Jersey submarine sandwich is made of one piece of bread split, but not cut, into two halves.
    Humbug.

That's a bunch of Subway nonsense.

I was born and raised on the Jersey shore, and no self respecting Jersey sub would ever be on a split sub roll.

Halved upper and lower bun, baked by Baldanza bakery in Red Bank, wrapped tightly in deli paper, oozing oil and vinegar.

The reason: so that fresh sliced meats and cheese, right off the slicer, could be built on the lower half.

None of this slimy pre-cut garbage.

And no photos exist, because no sane person would fiddle with his phone rather than eat one.
    Well, ya got me there.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Humbug.

That's a bunch of Subway nonsense.

I was born and raised on the Jersey shore, and no self respecting Jersey sub would ever be on a split sub roll.

Halved upper and lower bun, baked by Baldanza bakery in Red Bank, wrapped tightly in deli paper, oozing oil and vinegar.

The reason: so that fresh sliced meats and cheese, right off the slicer, could be built on the lower half.

None of this slimy pre-cut garbage.
    The oil mixed with oregano, and with some hot pepper relish.

Yes, we can agree on that part.

Where's the bacon?

12"?

Pfft...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

I have not ever tried it . Subs and pizza etc not really high on my list . At 14 FRN's , I would rather go by my butcher and pick up some steaks , chops or chicken legs and throw the on the grill .

Subway to close about 500 U.S. restaurants, while opening 1,000-plus overseas

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...nts/550701002/

Subway Restaurants is planning to shutter an estimated 500 locations in the U.S.

The Milford, Conn.-based chain wants to focus on better restaurant locations and boosting sales, according to Bloomberg. High on its priorities list is overseas expansion.

The news comes a year after Subway shut down 800-plus locations. 2016 also saw store closings, Bloomberg reported. The chain currently has close to 26,000 locations in the U.S.

Subway also expects to open 1,000-plus restaurants around the globe, including in Mexico, the U.K., Germany, South Korea, India and China, CEO Suzanne Greco told Bloomberg.

With an estimated 44,000 locations in 112 countries, Subway is the largest restaurant chain in the world, according to the company website.

Subway is known for its sandwiches, but is facing increasing competition. In addition to convenience stores and drug stores starting to stock sandwiches, numerous other chain restaurants serve similar fare — from Panera to McDonald's Signature Crafted Sandwiches to Starbucks, which is making a big play for lunchtime business.

Subway, whose restaurants are all franchisee-owned and -operated, declined to provide a list of locations on the chopping block.

Jersey Mike's.

Best sub in the country.
    I concur. I think it's kinda weird that I order the club deluxe (the club with bacon) and they ask if I want the bacon. I want to ask the sub maker two questions every time I go in there - 1) Do I look like a weirdo who doesn't eat bacon? and 2) Why would I order the club deluxe if I didn't want the bacon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I concur. I think it's kinda weird that I order the club deluxe (the club with bacon) and they ask if I want the bacon. I want to ask the sub maker two questions every time I go in there - 1) Do I look like a weirdo who doesn't eat bacon? and 2) Why would I order the club deluxe if I didn't want the bacon?
    This also has been a pet peeve of mine for a while. One of the places I go to always insists on explaining how the pager will go off when my order is ready and where the condiments are when picking the order. Lots of words with no value. This is what a typical verbal exchange between two human beings in this country looks like today. All in the name of providing outstanding levels of customer service concocted in a head of some corporate drone. When those employees get replaced by robots nobody will even notice the difference.

I'm so pissed.

So I'm craving Jersey Mikes and run up there to get subs. I order two club supremes. I'm thinking it's going well because doesn't ask me if I want bacon. I'm waiting and watching him make the first sub and he starts to close it up without bacon. I stop him and remind him about the bacon. At that point I inform him that I want bacon on the other sub. Now, the second sub was easy. Just put everything on it. I was paying and not watching the dumb $#@! and guess what? It's missing the bacon and half the toppings.

Here's what I order. They need to just put the $#@!ing bacon on it. When I calm down, I'm calling and complaining.

#9 Club Supreme
    Roast beef, turkey, swiss, applewood smoked bacon and mayo

This one-of-a-kind club takes savory to a whole new level. Our premium quality Swiss cheese, Certified Angus top round roast beef, turkey, freshly grilled Applewood smoked bacon, and mayo creates a mouthwatering medley of flavor.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Jersey Mike's.

Best sub in the country.
    I like Jersey Mike's but Quiznos is my favorite.

"Jersey Mike! Imma let you finish. But the Quizno veggie sub is the best sub of all time!"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

"Jersey Mike! Imma let you finish. But the Quizno veggie sub is the best sub of all time!"
    I won't eat Quiznos on principle. They have a rat as their mascot. o_O A restaurant with a rat mascot. SMDH...Same reason I won't eat at Chuck E Cheese and why I wouldn't go see Ratatoullie.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Are they still in business?

I won't eat Quiznos on principle. They have a rat as their mascot. o_O A restaurant with a rat mascot. SMDH...Same reason I won't eat at Chuck E Cheese and why I wouldn't go see Ratatoullie.
    LOL. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Suzanimal again.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Are they still in business?
    They are where I live.

I'm so pissed.

So I'm craving Jersey Mikes and run up there to get subs. I order two club supremes. I'm thinking it's going well because doesn't ask me if I want bacon. I'm waiting and watching him make the first sub and he starts to close it up without bacon. I stop him and remind him about the bacon. At that point I inform him that I want bacon on the other sub. Now, the second sub was easy. Just put everything on it. I was paying and not watching the dumb $#@! and guess what? It's missing the bacon and half the toppings.

Here's what I order. They need to just put the $#@!ing bacon on it. When I calm down, I'm calling and complaining.
    Mam, would you like bacon on your B.L.T.?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Mam, would you like bacon on your B.L.T.?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast