Thread: Hidden Camera Captures Horrific Abuse At Michigan Nursing Home

Angry Hidden Camera Captures Horrific Abuse At Michigan Nursing Home

This abuse should NEVER be tolerated. The lack of compassion for others is what is going to take this country down! This truly makes my blood boil.

"Our society must make it right and possible for old people not to fear the young or be deserted by them, for the test of a civilization is the way that it cares for its helpless members." ~Pearl S. Buck (1892-1973), My Several Worlds [1954].

Hidden Camera Captures Horrific Abuse At Michigan Nursing Home

A family is suing a nursing home in Livonia, Michigan after hidden camera footage revealed staff throwing and yelling at 89-year-old Hussein Younes, who was seeking care at the facility.

His son noticed his father was losing weight and had mysterious bruises and cuts on his body, which nursing home staff attributed to Younes allegedly suffering from 11 falls in five months.

Suspecting that something was up, Younes' son set up a hidden camera in a bedside alarm clock.

But what was captured on camera, no one was expecting. Younes is thrashed, thrown and shaken about. His legs are rammed into a wall, his head is grabbed and his call button his taken away from him. He is told to "shut up" and constantly verbally abused.

Watch the video: http://www.viralthread.com/hidden-ca...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    --Keep your kids out of child care
    --Keep your parents out of nursing homes
    --Keep you dogs out of kennels

Don't give away your loved ones to strangers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    --Keep your kids out of child care
    --Keep your parents out of nursing homes
    --Keep you dogs out of kennels

Don't give away your loved ones to strangers

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NorthCarolinaLiberty again."

I owe you a +rep for such sage words.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Suspecting that something was up, Younes' son set up a hidden camera in a bedside alarm clock.
    [VIDEO] ya' have to wait through 30-sec ad in the abc video as there is no "skip ad" button . . . but, very disturbing

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/hidd...gedly-53661394
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-04-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Now the family will be charged for peeping tom or something.
    No - No - No - No

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    You're right . . . they are gonna say there is some fine print in the contract prohibiting filming/cameras or sometin'

We care deeply about the well being of our residents and make every effort to make sure this is the case. We provide mandatory training to our employees to assure those who come to us to spend their final moments on this planet are respected and and all their needs are accommodated. We are also an equal opportunity employer and make sure we do not discriminate. We hope this single, isolated incident will not reflect negatively on our business or discourage future employees from applying for our highly competitive compensation package. - somebody somehow related to the company was heard saying.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I think they want this to go quietly into the night--so they will not want too much publicity.

However, if any assisted living or rehab doesn't allow hidden cameras in their loved ones room, that should be a red flag right there.

The place my father was in (which I should have sued) had to claim Chapter 11 bankruptcy since they had over 170 lawsuits against them for abuse. These places are euthanasia death traps that suck the very life and dignity from people. I will never put a loved one in these places ever again. It is the hardest lesson I've learned. I miss my father and the anguish I live with daily is how much abuse did he endure when I wasn't around--God help me...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think they want this to go quietly into the night--so they will not want too much publicity.

However, if any assisted living or rehab doesn't allow hidden cameras in their loved ones room, that should be a red flag right there.

The place my father was in (which I should have sued) had to claim Chapter 11 bankruptcy since they had over 170 lawsuits against them for abuse. These places are euthanasia death traps that suck the very life and dignity from people. I will never put a loved one in these places ever again. It is the hardest lesson I've learned. I miss my father and the anguish I live with daily is how much abuse did he endure when I wasn't around--God help me...
    There are good and bad ones. I think the most important thing is researching and being watchful. I would have no qualms about recommending any of the places my MIL has been the administrator for over the years. She runs a tight ship and nothing like this would happen under her watch, I assure you. Of course she is also the type of boss that is always roaming the floors and pitching in when needed, not secluded away in an office somewhere.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 04-04-2018 at 11:47 AM.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NorthCarolinaLiberty again."

Covered
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

What if I told you insane was working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years... at the end of which they tell you to piss off? Ending up in some retirement village... hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time. Wouldn't you consider that to be insane?

Even w/o the abuse, nursing homes can kill a spirit. It's as bad as retiring w/o anything to do. The abuse is infuriating.

yeah, they're nothing more than a place to go & wait to die... my father, as well, was in one after breaking his hip... was too weak to do his rehab, hence... it's a place no one wants to be... patients, visitors or staff.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    yeah, they're nothing more than a place to go & wait to die ...
    How is it different from the rest of your life?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How is it different from the rest of your life?
    I don't get visitors.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Covered.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On the opposite end of the dilemma is the one I am facing. As I've said my mother recently suffered a stroke. She has come back better than any would have expected but still cannot walk without someone to assist and has incontinence problems. My dad broke his hip two years ago and his neuropathy is getting worse. I found a great place for them and as they have a waiting list was happy my dad put some money down when an opening came available. It is independent/assisted living with scaleable amounts of medical care. It's a place that allows someone to age in place. Everyone gets there own one or two bedroom apartment. It's not inexpensive. $5700 a month and that only includes healthcare for my mother not my dad as he doesn't need it yet.

My sister has been staying with them at home before the move, taking care of mom and whispering in their ear like Grimar Wormtongue that everything is fine and mom will come back 100%. That she can do anything a CNA can do and keeps getting dad to put off moving into the place. So maybe they don't need to move in just yet or possibly at all.

Well, mom almost died yesterday morning when she began choking on her breakfast. $#@!ing sister doesn't even have a clue about the Heimlich manuever much less CPR. Through shear luck she pulled on moms waist belt and that dislodged the obstruction. Mom had already passed out. Luckily she immediately began breathing and came to before the EMT's got there. I could $#@!ing choke the life out of my sister right now.

They need to be in a facility where there is trained staff on hand.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-06-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    On the opposite end of the dilemma is the one I am facing. As I've said my mother recently suffered a stroke. She has come back better than any would have expected but still cannot walk without someone to assist and has incontinence problems. My dad broke his hip two years ago and his neuropathy is getting worse. I found a great place for them and as they have a waiting list was happy my dad put some money down when an opening came available. It is independent/assisted living with scaleable amounts of medical care. It's a place that allows someone to age in place. Everyone gets there own one or two bedroom apartment. It's not inexpensive. $5700 a month and that only includes healthcare for my mother not my dad as he doesn't need it yet.

My sister has been staying with them at home before the move, taking care of mom and whispering in their ear like Grimar Wormtongue that everything is fine and mom will come back 100%. That she can do anything a CNA can do and keeps getting dad to put off moving into the place. So maybe they don't need to move in just yet or possibly at all.

Well, mom almost died yesterday morning when she began choking on her breakfast. $#@!ing sister doesn't even have a clue about the Heimlich manuever much less CPR. Through shear luck she pulled on moms waist belt and that dislodged the obstruction. Mom had already passed out. Luckily she immediately began breathing and came to before the EMT's got there. I could $#@!ing choke the life out of my sister right now.

They need to be in a facility where there is trained staff on hand.

I mean no disrespect but I give your sister a lot of credit for her willingness to take on such a task. It is an incredible responsibility and God Bless her for it. Instead of getting mad at her, why not give her a hug and thank her for her willingness to take care of your parents.

Sorry, but your post was incredibly callous sounding. "No good deed goes unpunished."

I mean no disrespect but I give your sister a lot of credit for her willingness to take on such a task. It is an incredible responsibility and God Bless her for it. Instead of getting mad at her, why not give her a hug and thank her for her willingness to take care of your parents.

Sorry, but your post was incredibly callous sounding. "No good deed goes unpunished."
    Frankly, donnay, she is not qualified for it. She got lucky that the belt was in the right place. Mom had already passed out from lack of oxygen. My sister thought she was just having another stroke. My mom almost died under her care. So, no. No hugs. They should already be in the assisted care facility and would be were it not for her.
    I'm sorry, but you just don't understand the family dynamics on this one and my sister's motivations for doing what she is doing. Had my sister not merely gotten lucky we would be planning a funeral right now.

And, donnay, just to ease your fears this place is not like the nursing home in the OP. This place is as 5 stars it gets. Their room is a 500 sq foot apartment. A living room and kitchenette, and a bedroom with walk in closet and a floor level shower. They bring their own furniture, can paint the walls if they want, hang pictures, etc. It is their space. They have a pendant or wristband to call for assistance if needed and every floor has a CNA for emergencies. There is also a nurse on staff. The doctor that was her physician at the rehab is the doctor that does wellness checks at this facility also. I've eaten in their dining room and it is as good as any restaurant in town. After going to all the other assisted care/ nursing homes in the area this place is truly like a resort. I'm thankful that there was an opening as there is usually a waiting list. It is costly, but thank God dad has his pension and V.A. benefits that will cover the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Frankly, donnay, she is not qualified for it. She got lucky that the belt was in the right place. Mom had already passed out from lack of oxygen. My sister thought she was just having another stroke. My mom almost died under her care. So, no. No hugs. They should already be in the assisted care facility and would be were it not for her.
    I'm sorry, but you just don't understand the family dynamics on this one and my sister's motivations for doing what she is doing. Had my sister not merely gotten lucky we would be planning a funeral right now.
    You're right I do not know the situation and I apologize for stepping out of line on it.

Its personal with me, because i have a sister who did nothing but complain about my parents situation and did not lift a finger to help in any compacity, but always had her hand out to them when she needed something. She took my parents hand-outs to the tune of a quarter of a million dollars.

You're right I do not know the situation and I apologize for stepping out of line on it.

Its personal with me, because i have a sister who did nothing but complain about my parents situation and did not lift a finger to help in any compacity, but always had her hand out to them when she needed something. She took my parents hand-outs to the tune of a quarter of a million dollars.
    Yeah, I can understand how that would make it personal. Fortunately, all my siblings have decided to step in and help. It wasn't that way when my dad broke his hip and I shouldered most of that time period so I am thankful to have had help. Right up to the point that one's help almost caused my mothers death. I taught her how to perform the Heimlich so hopefully, if that situation arises again, she will be able to handle it. But, my parents two wishes for the outcome has been #1 being able to stay together and #2 living as independently as they can, for as long as they can. My sister is taking this independence from them and they are increasingly becoming reliant on her for everything. From personal observation my mom seems to be less mentally acute than she was at the rehab. All my sister does is park her in the recliner all day long. And I don't think that serves her well. But, I'll let my reservations pass for now, even though I'm quite pissed off. They will move on the 23rd. and then hopefully she will go back home for a time and allow us other siblings to interact with mom and dad without her always having to be present. In her case this is the motivation for helping. Control over all aspects of their lives and relationships. It doesn't sit well with me.