Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IL - Village of Deerfield bans "assault rifles" and magazines

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    For your own good.
    Yeah, would make the undertaker happy too.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    My frustration is this:

I wonder just how many of those gun owners will pack up their families, their businesses, and their tax dollars and move to other more gun-friendly states, or will they eventually just comply and settle back down and hope this is as far as it goes?

Why do gun owners still live in New Jersey? Or Connecticut, or Deerfield, Illinois? Why help keep those areas of the country worthy of even being put on a map? Leave, and announce your exit boldly. And hell, let criminals know that law-abiding gun owners of Deerfield are bugging out but leaving the gate open.
    $#@! a bunch of "packing up the family." Carry openly. Shoot, or beat the $#@! out of, the first sumbitch that tries to take it away from you. Like John Joe Gray.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So break down my door in the middle of the night like a thief, and then they'll find out if I'm armed.
    What about during the day?

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    They just sent a crystal clear message to criminals that the people of Deerfield, IL are now sitting ducks.
    Yep . . . let it be known then - the goal is that the only folks that are gonna be armed in Deerfield, Illinois
    would be the goonerment and the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What about during the day?
    If they knock at the door, I'll answer....

Break the door down and I'll figure I'm being assaulted.

If they knock at the door, I'll answer....

Break the door down and I'll figure I'm being assaulted.
    What about driving to the local hardware store?

What about driving to the local hardware store?
    What about it?

Pull me over and I'm pulled over.... now what?

What about it?

Pull me over and I'm pulled over.... now what?
    "Mr. 3D we've pulled you over because we've been informed by our data base that you have illegal weapons. We're going to take you into custody because you have not turned your gun in nor payed your fines."

Now what, indeed?

"Mr. 3D we've pulled you over because we've been informed by our data base that you have illegal weapons. We're going to take you into custody because you have not turned your gun in nor payed your fines."

Now what, indeed?
    Yeah, well I'm too old for that $#@!.... give me life and it wouldn't be more than five years anyway.

Jan2017

Now what, indeed?
    An unlawful possession of firearm (can even be in an adjoining room in the house - unloaded) . . .
    is a serious felonious enhancement to whatever the State accuses you of doing - jaywalking unlawfully armed (?)- shame shame - go to jail.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-04-2018 at 07:51 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Yep . . . let it be known then - the goal is that the only folks that are gonna be armed in Deerfield, Illinois
    You are being redundant.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah, well I'm too old for that $#@!.... give me life and it wouldn't be more than five years anyway.
    Don't think that way, we need you and all the liberty lovers to live forever.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jan2017

You are being redundant.
    Well, ok, I meant the "legally authorized goonerment" and the "illegal, criminal bad guys" (?) -
    damn, still no difference.

Don't think that way, we need you and all the liberty lovers to live forever.
    Well, they could ask and I could tell them, I am storing my firearms outside of their stinking little village.

But would they believe me?

Might be a great business opportunity for somebody.
    Build a storage facility just outside of town for folks in that stinking little town to store their contraband items.

Well, they could ask and I could tell them, I am storing my firearms outside of their stinking little village.

But would they believe me?

Might be a great business opportunity for somebody.
    Build a storage facility just outside of town for folks in that stinking little town to store their contraband items.

And when seconds count, just like cops, it is only minutes away...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Just use your revolver.

What I thought..

and 30 years past due I don't know if I want to do another 30.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    you are being redundant.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just use your revolver.

I inherited a couple of those...but never shot them. I prefer my semi-automatic arsenal, that I am trained on.

The government even trained me to shot over my shoulder sitting down facing forward while protecting my neck from knife attacks.
    Last edited by Danke; 04-04-2018 at 10:56 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The government even trained me to shot over my shoulder sitting down facing forward while protecting my neck from knife attacks.
    In case of Injun attacks?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In case of Injun attacks?
    I don't allow Injuns to fly on my airplanes.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I don't allow Injuns to fly on my airplanes.
    I meant stowaways.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

$#@! a bunch of "packing up the family." Carry openly. Shoot, or beat the $#@! out of, the first sumbitch that tries to take it away from you. Like John Joe Gray.
    Less chance of that happening than moving away, to be honest. I feel like we conservatives keep liberal strongholds above water. We should stop being their milk-cows.
    We leave, we take our wealth and self-sufficiency with us, and those areas will wither and blow away. Detroit 2.0.

Then it becomes a vicious cycle of a slow, painful decay. Poverty increases. Crime increases. Taxes increase to compensate for loss of tax revenue and need to expand law enforcement. Further strain on the businesses who remain. Poverty increases. Crime increases. Everyone starts getting taxed, not just the wealthy. Taxes increase to compensate. Liberal leaders become rulers of a kingdom of rubble and condemned buildings. Poverty increases. Crime increases. Taxes increase. The city dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

And will secure the perimeter of the scene.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

A second lawsuit is seeking to overturn the village of Deerfield’s assault weapons ban that is scheduled to take effect June 13.

The suit filed Thursday by the advocacy group Guns Save Life and Deerfield resident John William Wombacher III challenges the Deerfield ordinance that was approved April 2 on numerous grounds.
    The National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action issued a news release Thursday saying it was supporting the Guns Save Life lawsuit.
    The suit contends, among other things, that a provision instructing the Deerfield chief of police to confiscate and destroy assault weapons and large-capacity magazines violates a guarantee under the Illinois Constitution that private property shall not be taken for public use without just compensation.
    The suit also challenges the definition of “so-called assault weapons” and “large capacity magazines” in the ordinance, noting the ban covers prevalent firearms that are overwhelmingly used for self-defense. Those include the AR-15, described in the suit as “America's most popular semiautomatic rifle.”
    “What we are looking to do is block the village of Deerfield’s unconstitutional efforts, in our opinion, to deny residents, passers through and people visiting the right to firearms based merely on cosmetic appearance,” said John Boch, executive director of Guns Save Life.
    Boch said the Deerfield ordinance banning firearms “based on appearances makes no more sense than banning brown M&M’s just because the village doesn’t like the color of the particular M&M.”

Deerfield officials could not be reached Thursday for comment on the latest lawsuit.

More at: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...426-story.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A Lake County Circuit Court judge has issued a temporary restraining order blocking the Village of Deerfield from enforcing the assault weapons ban scheduled to take effect Wednesday.
    The Deerfield ordinance, which was approved April 2, gave residents until June 13 to turn in any guns that fit the village’s definition of assault weapons, remove them from the village, or alter the weapons so they would not be prohibited under the ordinance. Residents found in violation could be fined up to $1,000 a day.
    Plaintiffs in two lawsuits challenging the village’s authority to prohibit assault weapons asked Circuit Court Judge Luis Berrones Tuesday to prevent enforcement until the case could be heard. The judge issued a written ruling later Tuesday granting the request.

More at: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...621-story.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12