Thread: Can someone list the congressional liberty candidates running in Republican primaries?

Can someone list the congressional liberty candidates running in Republican primaries?

I want to get involved, but I can't find a good list of candidates to follow and help. I would like to see more establishment Republicans unseated in primaries.
    Thanks!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Several members here have announced their candidacies. But unfortunately, the trumpettes have drowned out those discussions. Electing Liberty Candidates is no longer an effort being made here, because everyone has been too distracted by arguing with the trumpettes, or run off by their constant spewing of racism. After Rand folded his run two years ago, instead of shifting the focus to electing Liberty Candidates, this place was allowed to be flushed down the toilet by the trumpettes. Since the election of Liberty Candidates is no longer a topic of discussion here, there isn't much news about this at all. Aside from the members here that are running, there are candidates in AZ and ME running for the US Senate (there have been several threads posted about it, if you look), and a candidate for Governor in OK that seems decent (former State Rep, running on a Constitutionalist and anti-abortion platform). Surely there are plenty more, but these days, I wouldn't count on getting the word about it here. I haven't looked at his website lately, but jurgs01 has done a good job at keeping track of who and where the Liberty Candidates are. Keith probably knows who is running in NH. Perhaps after the orange buffoon is out of office, this place will refocus on electing Liberty Candidates again.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

" or run off by their constant spewing of racism."

Say what?

Name names.

And links.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Say what?

Name names.

And links.

Casually throwing accusations of the worst imaginable crime is no big deal for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    I want to get involved, but I can't find a good list of candidates to follow and help. I would like to see more establishment Republicans unseated in primaries.
    Thanks!
    Incumbents or new candidates?

New candidates we have discussed:

For Senate we have Eric Brakey (Maine), Kelli Ward (Arizona), Austin Peterson (Missouri).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Incumbents or new candidates?

New candidates we have discussed:

For Senate we have Eric Brakey (Maine), Kelli Ward (Arizona), Austin Peterson (Missouri).
    Both. Incumbents along the lines of a Justin Amash being challenged, let's say, a Sarah Palin-type neocon.

Who is this Danny Bedwell, US Senate MS? He doesn't show up anywhere in the Ballotpedia.

http://bedwellforsenate.com/

https://ballotpedia.org/Mississippi%...ional_District

I have a website. Not as active in it this year due to it being a very busy year at work, but I might get a break with work and put in some effort before the mid-term elections.
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

For Senate, I would look at Austin Peterson, Erik Brakey, Nick Freitas, Chris McDaniel

For Congress, I would look at Owen Hill and Shane Hazel

For Governor, I would look at Raul Labrador in Idaho.
    Last edited by jurgs01; 04-07-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    Find liberty candidates to support:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    I have a website. Not as active in it this year due to it being a very busy year at work, but I might get a break with work and put in some effort before the mid-term elections.

For Senate, I would look at Austin Peterson, Erik Brakey, Nick Freitas, Chris McDaniel

For Congress, I would look at Owen Hill and Shane Hazel

For Governor, I would look at Raul Labrador in Idaho.
    Is Raul giving up his House seat?

And for Senate, IMHO, Kelli Ward is superior to Austin Peterson, who takes pics with Bill Kristol and has taken teocon-like positions in the past.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And for Senate, IMHO, Kelli Ward is superior to Austin Peterson, who takes pics with Bill Kristol and has taken teocon-like positions in the past.
    I would not take a photo with bill kristol even if he was a relative .

Yes. Russ Fulcher and Michael Snyder are two libertyish candidates running to replace him.

Kelli has an uphill battle, but Austin has zero chance regardless of how good he is or isn't. You can't win a senate election with a couple hundred grand, anybody outside of MO who spends energy on him is wasting it. We might not be able to know who will win but after a few cycles finding the losers is pretty easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Kelli Ward actually seems pretty good. And I say that as one of the biggest anti-Trumpers here when she won't stop talking about how much she loves Trump. The actual ideology that she vocalizes is the kind that would make her the second best Senator almost immediately. While Trump has consistently demonstrated how he hates freedom and how it simply is not one of his values, Ward seems to "get it" at the core.

And you can tell how good (and threatening) she is when Trump (and more recently Pence) are trying to prop up 86 year old authoritarian freak Arpaio in order to shut her out (the strategy is to have "RINO" McSally win by splitting the opposition vote between her and Arpaio). Ward is almost forced into showing how she's the truest Trump supporter in order to make a Trump endorsement of her opponent unfavorable enough politically to Trump to where he would look like a traitor.

The primary and general election will both be difficult so she needs all of our help. But it is actually winnable.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 05-02-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Say what?

Name names.

And links.

The thread with the offending pro-genocidal reply has been deleted but here is a link with a reference to it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6622211

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Casually throwing accusations of the worst imaginable crime is no big deal for some people.
    And casually suggesting genocide of all subsaharan Africans is no big deal for some people as well. If you don't understand how that's racist then all I can do is pray for you.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The thread with the offending pro-genocidal reply has been deleted but here is a link with a reference to it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6622211

And casually suggesting genocide of all subsaharan Africans is no big deal for some people as well. If you don't understand how that's racist then all I can do is pray for you.

Not an example. That was written 4/26. I was asking on 4/3.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Not an example. That was written 4/26. I was asking on 4/3.
    I am slow on the uptake but I can get outraged pretty fast!

With the election of Kelli Ward, Austin Peterson, Nick Freitas and Eric Brakey, we could have a significantly more liberty-friendly US Senate in 2019. Also, Shane Hazel is a fighter in GA 7 and would be a big upgrade to an establishment Republican. It is too bad Raul Labrador lost a very winnable primary for Governor in Idaho. The liberty movement doesn't seem to be able to rise up and back the candidates we need - and pretty soon we won't have any more.
    Find liberty candidates to support:

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    VA-5 just opened up, and a great liberty candidate just threw her hat in: Martha Boneta.

Fantasy Cabinet:
    State
    : Richard Burt
    Defense: Douglas MacGregor
    Treasury: Dino Falaschetti
    Attorney General: Raul Labrador
    Interior: Lynn Scarlett
    Agriculture: John Mackey
    Labor: Nikki Haley
    Health: Dr. Keith Smith
    HUD: Mark Calabria
    Transportation: Greg Ballard

Good-looking, well-spoken and into Liberty. We got a gem here! Really hoping the forum gets behind her.

Quote Originally Posted by pulp8721 View Post
    VA-5 just opened up, and a great liberty candidate just threw her hat in: Martha Boneta.

"There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Several members here have announced their candidacies. But unfortunately, the trumpettes have drowned out those discussions. Electing Liberty Candidates is no longer an effort being made here, because everyone has been too distracted by arguing with the trumpettes, or run off by their constant spewing of racism. After Rand folded his run two years ago, instead of shifting the focus to electing Liberty Candidates, this place was allowed to be flushed down the toilet by the trumpettes. Since the election of Liberty Candidates is no longer a topic of discussion here, there isn't much news about this at all. Aside from the members here that are running, there are candidates in AZ and ME running for the US Senate (there have been several threads posted about it, if you look), and a candidate for Governor in OK that seems decent (former State Rep, running on a Constitutionalist and anti-abortion platform). Surely there are plenty more, but these days, I wouldn't count on getting the word about it here. I haven't looked at his website lately, but jurgs01 has done a good job at keeping track of who and where the Liberty Candidates are. Keith probably knows who is running in NH. Perhaps after the orange buffoon is out of office, this place will refocus on electing Liberty Candidates again.

Good job trying to run off the OP

I haven't seen any Trump supporters derail any candidates. What I do see is people whining who have TDS complaining so much that people get annoyed and go away.

Glen Bradley had a few spats with Trump supporters, but most of them ended up supporting his candidacy once that got going. Where was everybody else? Run off by people who think if you support Trump's good qualities, of which there are many, that you can't also support liberty.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Damn it dannno, you have singlehandedly done more damage to this forum than all the other users combined I've seen during my stay here.

All these threads, having to wade through your tedious, ridiculous spin that serves to glorify the most anti-liberty President I've experienced in my lifetime.

What even is your purpose here?

Nick Freitas in VA who's running to unseat Tim Kaine. Major primary opponent is Corey Stewart.

Last edited by notsure; 06-03-2018 at 10:01 PM.
    RVO˩UTION

RVO˩UTION

Yeah Freitas is great. Somehow I keep forgetting about him, probably because VA is a tough GOP pickup. Anyone in VA should definitely support him.

Surprised Petersen is not on RPF but RPF does kinda suck lately
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.