Thread: Trump Shifts On Syria, Russia - Neocons Go Nuts!

Trump Shifts On Syria, Russia - Neocons Go Nuts!

President Trump's call for US troops to leave Syria and his call to Putin suggesting a summit have left the neocons gasping. Will Trump dare to defy his "experts" and follow through with his promises? If he is opposed to neocons, why does he keep hiring them?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

bump
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    bump
    Rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Rumors?
    Trump: "We're Coming Out Of Syria Very Soon; Others Can Take Care Of It Now"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Of-It-Now-quot

I don't believe that deep down in Donald Trump's heart that he is a dedicated neo-conservative
    -Ron Paul

"Very soon" is subjective. Maybe it will be a 2020 campaign promise.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "Very soon" is subjective. Maybe it will be a 2020 campaign promise.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Trump would love to get the hell out of Syria and become good bidness buddies with Russia.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    big if true
    If true. If and when he does it will be yuge.
    "The Patriarch"

nice quote mining bro

"His actions are the only thing that really counts... his actions are in tremendous support for the neo-conservatives." - Ron Paul

Of course Trump isn't a dedicated neo-conservative. You have to have an ideology for that. 90 IQ trump isn't capable of developing something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    If [Trump] is opposed to neocons, why does he keep hiring them?
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

nice quote mining bro

"His actions are the only thing that really counts... his actions are in tremendous support for the neo-conservatives." - Ron Paul

Of course Trump isn't a dedicated neo-conservative. You have to have an ideology for that. 90 IQ trump isn't capable of developing something like that
    This is a typical "I hate Trump because <derp>... he's Trump" post.

IQ of 90? Are you serious? Trump may prove and evil little troll in the end, but nobody can accuse him of being a man of low intelligence. The sentiment here is identical to that expressed by people about Hitler, especially by Jews. He was ugly; he was a failed writer; he was a failed artist; he was a failed politician... and so on down the long litany of insults that served no purpose other than to lead to misunderstanding, specifically the underestimation of a man and his motives. THAT is the real danger - leading people to think that all devils have horns, pitchforks, and a big red ass (thank you Saddam), when in fact many of them have the countenance of a beloved elder uncle.

A vast plurality of people either cannot or will not separate a man from what he does. Such conflation is what leads to dangerously flawed expectations of evil's appearance.

Write want you want, but I don't see how posts like this help one's credibility. More significantly, I do not see how it helps the discussion.

Cheers.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Is it me, or does Trump seem to change his tune on matters often?

I have no problem with it per sé, so long as the changes move toward the better. The question to which I have no answer is what is the ratio of Trump's δ-better/δ-worse.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

I have no problem with it per sé, so long as the changes move toward the better. The question to which I have no answer is what is the ratio of Trump's δ-better/δ-worse.
    It's not just you and that is the important question.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Wow, thanks for the heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Neocons go nuts? This OP was written after Trump added John Bolton to his already neocon admin. Ron Paul has been off his game lately.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Neocons go nuts? This OP was written after Trump added John Bolton to his already neocon admin. Ron Paul has been off his game lately.
    No he just wants to expand his audience to people who fell for the myth that Trump is not a neocon. People automatically endear themselves to Ron Paul because he puts on a show to appear to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, but if you watch more of his shows they teach you what Trump is really about. Sometimes I can agree with your posts, but either you don't really understand that politics is a hard sell, because people don't like being told they are wrong, or you are fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    No he just wants to expand his audience to people who fell for the myth that Trump is not a neocon. People automatically endear themselves to Ron Paul because he puts on a show to appear to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, but if you watch more of his shows they teach you what Trump is really about. Sometimes I can agree with your posts, but either you don't really understand that politics is a hard sell, because people don't like being told they are wrong, or you are fake news.
    Expand his audience by patronizing them with silly headlines no honest person believes? sorry but I do not understand this strategy and even worse I don't believe it would work. What made Ron Paul so great at the time was the fact that he was willing to tell some truth to the general public who were so hostile to it. Now he falls for silly head fakes and in that loses the credibility he has left.

Trump is a neocon and there is enough evidence to believe that he is one. Still making videos in April of 2018 still pretending that he is different from the neocons or working against them in any way makes you look silly. I like Ron Paul but it is high time he wakes the F up.

Expand his audience by patronizing them with silly headlines no honest person believes? sorry but I do not understand this strategy and even worse I don't believe it would work. What made Ron Paul so great at the time was the fact that he was willing to tell some truth to the general public who were so hostile to it. Now he falls for silly head fakes and in that loses the credibility he has left.

Trump is a neocon and there is enough evidence to believe that he is one. Still making videos in April of 2018 still pretending that he is different from the neocons or working against them in any way makes you look silly. I like Ron Paul but it is high time he wakes the F up.
    Dude, Ron knows exactly what he's doing.

Did you watch this?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...aying-In-Syria
    There is no spoon.

This is a typical "I hate Trump because <derp>... he's Trump" post.

IQ of 90? Are you serious? Trump may prove and evil little troll in the end, but nobody can accuse him of being a man of low intelligence. The sentiment here is identical to that expressed by people about Hitler, especially by Jews. He was ugly; he was a failed writer; he was a failed artist; he was a failed politician... and so on down the long litany of insults that served no purpose other than to lead to misunderstanding, specifically the underestimation of a man and his motives. THAT is the real danger - leading people to think that all devils have horns, pitchforks, and a big red ass (thank you Saddam), when in fact many of them have the countenance of a beloved elder uncle.

A vast plurality of people either cannot or will not separate a man from what he does. Such conflation is what leads to dangerously flawed expectations of evil's appearance.

Write want you want, but I don't see how posts like this help one's credibility. More significantly, I do not see how it helps the discussion.

Cheers.
    No, he's a complete idiot and you can tell if you listen to him speak for 5 minutes. So clearly empty, superficial, and thoughtless - a good representation of the US at large. He has an attention span of 2-3 minutes, has no ideology whatsoever, which is evidenced by how frequently he contradicts himself and his stated policies. And he's dangerous BECAUSE he's an idiot. He is an unpredictable narcissist of a man, but will do whatever his sycophantic advisers tell him, as long as they adequately lick his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Dude, Ron knows exactly what he's doing.

Did you watch this?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...aying-In-Syria
    Just tells me he was taken by the original gaff by Trump and now after all the neocons he appointed to the admin straightened up their boss(if you can imagine that), he makes a retraction. Oops, sorry if I fooled ya.

Btw, I watched the first one and that alone tells me that he is still and I think will continue to give Trump the benefit of then doubt when he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.

Just tells me he was taken by the original gaff by Trump and now after all the neocons he appointed to the admin straightened up their boss(if you can imagine that), he makes a retraction. Oops, sorry if I fooled ya.

Btw, I watched the first one and that alone tells me that he is still and I think will continue to give Trump the benefit of then doubt when he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.
    Ron is a kind man and doesn't call names but if you really watch these vids you know where he's coming from- and it's always from a point of liberty.
    There is no spoon.

No, he's a complete idiot and you can tell if you listen to him speak for 5 minutes. So clearly empty, superficial, and thoughtless - a good representation of the US at large. He has an attention span of 2-3 minutes, has no ideology whatsoever, which is evidenced by how frequently he contradicts himself and his stated policies. And he's dangerous BECAUSE he's an idiot. He is an unpredictable narcissist of a man, but will do whatever his sycophantic advisers tell him, as long as they adequately lick his ass.
    This post has to be sticked on this forum somewhere. Yea, Trump is a low intelligent person and one can easily tell by his vocabulary and the way he constructs his sentences. Even the most ardent opponents of Hitler wouldn't consider him to be stupid because he was many things but stupid isn't one of em. Trump on the other hand is at best of average intel and at worst a very low intelligent kind of person which by itself is not horrible. But when you combine it with his penchant by power, self promotion and desire to be like by other people in power, that makes him dangerous and evil.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron is a kind man and doesn't call names but if you really watch these vids you know where he's coming from- and it's always from a point of liberty.
    Well, we just gonna have to disagree on this. I think this strategy is one that would not get him anywhere. People who like Trump now will see Ron Paul as someone who was as slow as them to figure the con that is Trump when the con is finally evident to the masses. As opposed to seeing his as the prophet who had the foresight when the media and many in the alt still thought Trump was different. He falls for political theatre just as bad as my mom falls for them while he was the one who told me of several occasions that the 2 parties were 2 sides of the same coin.

It just makes no sense, people are more appreciative of truth tellers over a patronizing talking head. This is a time where we are starved of Truth tellers and he would do himself a favor by being one and not a patronizing talking head.

Well, we just gonna have to disagree on this. I think this strategy is one that would not get him anywhere. People who like Trump now will see Ron Paul as someone who was as slow as them to figure the con that is Trump when the con is finally evident to the masses. As opposed to seeing his as the prophet who had the foresight when the media and many in the alt still thought Trump was different. He falls for political theatre just as bad as my mom falls for them while he was the one who told me of several occasions that the 2 parties were 2 sides of the same coin.

It just makes no sense, people are more appreciative of truth tellers over a patronizing talking head. This is a time where we are starved of Truth tellers and he would do himself a favor by being one and not a patronizing talking head.
    People hate being told the truth, if they liked being told the truth they would of picked the guy who said lets beat ISIS by not funding ISIS, not lets go bomb the hell out of them. If people liked being told the truth they wouldn't watch the MSM, or avoid any other opposing points of views because they upset them. The point is Ron Paul and Rand Paul have been embracing Trump when they go towards their ideas and its a purposeful strategy. The point is that its easier to go with the tide then against the tide especially when they try to bugs bunny you by saying rabbit season.

They are even doing it with the border wall.

They want people to not be able to argue for liberty positions because they try to force people to argue against them when they use fake news to create the myth that they are arguing for the liberty position. How can you argue against troops on the border, a border wall, when thats what Ron Paul wanted

Ron Paul: How To Debate Liberals Without Losing Your Cool
    https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/9...163329/photo/1

Ron Paul warns that market dangers are 'bigger than ever,' even if Trump backs away from tariff threat
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/06/trum...it-stocks.html

Ron Paul: The economic boom under Trump is ‘an illusion’ that will come crashing down
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/1...-crashing-down

Ron Paul: Trump and the Deep State
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSTpLWLnteY

Ron Paul: Bring Home Troops Now
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ates/33584443/
    There is no spoon.

Ron Paul: How To Debate Liberals Without Losing Your Cool
    https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/9...163329/photo/1

Ron Paul warns that market dangers are 'bigger than ever,' even if Trump backs away from tariff threat
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/06/trum...it-stocks.html

Ron Paul: The economic boom under Trump is ‘an illusion’ that will come crashing down
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/1...-crashing-down

Ron Paul: Trump and the Deep State
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSTpLWLnteY

Ron Paul: Bring Home Troops Now
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ates/33584443/
    Trump also says things I like. My problem is when the same person posting these articles and videos also post videos like

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post

They want people to not be able to argue for liberty positions because they try to force people to argue against them when they use fake news to create the myth that they are arguing for the liberty position. How can you argue against troops on the border, a border wall, when thats what Ron Paul wanted
    Nice appeal to authority. Of course you can argue against something that Ron wanted. But you know what Ron was against? Having a border wall. He specifically argued against it saying it could be used to keep us in as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esp-ruhkZqQ

The troops on the border comment is likely to appeal to the idiotic politics of R voters. He wouldn't actually want troops on the border, they are just preferable there as opposed to borders halfway across the earth.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Ron_Paul.htm

- Voted NO on military border patrols (2001)

Well put