Thread: Orthodox Snake Handling Sunday

Orthodox Snake Handling Sunday

Hey my Orthodox brethren. This year for Snake handling Sunday that falls on the first Sunday in April, I was able to take a rattlesnake instead of the copperhead that I take most years. My kids were excited about the garter snakes they had. Did any of you others get to take some snakes to church? I really want to take a cobra (any species) next year. I'll post some pix of my dancing with my rattler shortly.
    Last edited by RJB; 04-01-2018 at 08:27 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I aways suspected there wasn't some quite right with this member.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Did some weirdo's post get deleted, because it appears that you are referring to me?

So that beard oil you Orthodox use is snake oil?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You should talk to your surgeon about that.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post

With this member, there is no doubt.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Hey! I'm trying to be serious here. Please show respect.

- Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Hey! I'm trying to be serious here. Please show respect.

- Rep!
    Peace on your path. But serious problems with members can require surgery.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Peace on your path. But serious problems with members can require surgery.
    Well, snakes, members and poison.... ummm... nope.... count me out on this.

Totally great snake handling day. My oldest graduated to a coral snake. My wife is immuno-suppressed so we had to stick with her Gaboon viper since they're so docile.
    I actually don't bring my own snake anymore. I help the teenage youth group, the younger ones that have recently graduated to vipers.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    My wife is immuno-suppressed so we had to stick with her Gaboon viper since they're so docile.
    I don't mean to be judgemental, but it sounds like she should have more faith, not get a kinder viper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Well, snakes, members and poison.... ummm... nope.... count me out on this.
    What could go wrong?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What could go wrong?
    Somebody gunna die.

I don't mean to be judgemental, but it sounds like she should have more faith, not get a kinder viper.
    It's actually a trade-off... they are slow to bite but they don't let go and so they inject more venom than any other viper.
    About 12 years ago there was a guy who got bitten by one and he spent three weeks getting back on his feet. We found out later he didn't believe in aerial toll houses, so that must have been why he got bitten.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It's actually a trade-off... they are slow to bite but they don't let go and so they inject more venom than any other viper.
    About 12 years ago there was a guy who got bitten by one and he spent three weeks getting back on his feet. We found out later he didn't believe in aerial toll houses, so that must have been why he got bitten.
    I don't believe in tollhouses. :0

Oh... I think you should hold off on the cobras, maybe. I didn't really either, but man, Jack Sikorsky looked like the elephant man for a whole week. I mean, the whole point is for you to learn from your snake experience, I know, but I couldn't help but learn from his experience that time.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why is it that some people will take a piece of truth,, distort it, and build a whole religion around their misunderstanding ,, of a simple truth.

Happy April Fools Day.. don't be fooled my friends.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Lol
    and
    Woah ! mind blown.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Why is it that some people will take a piece of truth,, distort it, and build a whole religion around their misunderstanding ,, of a simple truth.

You are the Ebeneezer Scrooge of April Fools day.

You are the Ebeneezer Scrooge of April Fools day.
    End of the day.. But that is still a powerful truth.

I think a lot of folks are looking for a kinder gentler viper.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

This thread....genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This thread....genius.
    I was very close to placing this in your Divine Liturgy thread, but then I thought better.

I was very close to placing this in your Divine Liturgy thread, but then I thought better.
    Good thinkin. It's way more effective this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Wasn't a fool for this guy who did build a religion around it: https://www.cnn.com/2014/02/16/us/sn...ite/index.html

Reality show snake-handling preacher dies -- of snakebite

A Kentucky pastor who starred in a reality show about snake-handling in church has died -- of a snakebite.

Jamie Coots died Saturday evening after refusing to be treated, Middlesboro police said.

On "Snake Salvation," the ardent Pentecostal believer said that he believed that a passage in the Bible suggests poisonous snakebites will not harm believers as long as they are anointed by God. The practice is illegal in most states, but still goes on, primarily in the rural South.

Coots was a third-generation "serpent handler" and aspired to one day pass the practice and his church, Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name, on to his adult son, Little Cody.

The National Geographic show featured Coots and cast handling all kinds of poisonous snakes -- copperheads, rattlers, cottonmouths. The channel's website shows a picture of Coots, goateed, wearing a fedora. "Even after losing half of his finger to a snake bite and seeing others die from bites during services," Coots "still believes he must take up serpents and follow the Holiness faith," the website says.

On Sunday, National Geographic Channels spokeswoman Stephanie Montgomery sent CNN this statement: "In following Pastor Coots for our series Snake Salvation, we were constantly struck by his devout religious convictions despite the health and legal peril he often faced.

"Those risks were always worth it to him and his congregants as a means to demonstrate their unwavering faith. We were honored to be allowed such unique access to Pastor Jamie and his congregation during the course of our show, and give context to his method of worship. Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IS OUTRAGE!

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Wasn't a fool for this guy who did build a religion around it: https://www.cnn.com/2014/02/16/us/sn...ite/index.html
    What I said..
    "Why is it that some people will take a piece of truth,, distort it, and build a whole religion around their misunderstanding ,, of a simple truth."

There is nothing wrong with truth.. but there is with misunderstanding that truth.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom