Thread: Happy Easter White Supremacists

Happy Easter White Supremacists

On Easter Sunday, Christians must remember how easily and often our faith is used to defend white supremacy. As a white evangelical in America, I can't celebrate Easter in 2018 without working to reclaim the concept of redemption.

Easter Sunday, when Christians around the world celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, is also —and not accidentally — a tragic anniversary in American history.
    On Easter Sunday 1873, 145 years ago, hundreds of white men in Colfax County, Louisiana, took up arms after Sunday morning worship services and marched to their county courthouse to reclaim control of the local government from representatives who had been democratically elected by black and white people voting together. Standing their ground in the hopes that federal reinforcements would arrive in time, every defender of democracy at the Colfax County courthouse was murdered.

Trump’s own slogan — “Make America Great Again” — is a redemption story in a nutshell. It assumes a fall from which must now be saved. It may be tempting for some to point to 2008 and hang this white anxiety on America’s first black president. But Barack Obama, as a person, remains too popular among all Americans for this theory to be true. No, the redemption narrative that gave us Trump is not so much about Obama as it is about the black, brown and younger white coalition that made Obama’s presidency possible. No one stated this white anxiety more clearly than Michele Bachmann, in an address to the Values Voter Summit before the 2016 election. “It’s a math problem of demographics,” she noted, claiming “this is the last election when we even have a chance to vote for somebody who will stand up for godly moral principles.”

A helpful remind from NBC Think that Easter is about white supremacy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    White supremacists have moved on to norse religions so that they don't have to worship an arab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

But Barack Obama, as a person, remains too popular among all Americans for this theory to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    White supremacists have moved on to norse religions so that they don't have to worship an arab.
    Sad but true.

I found this out when enlisting in the Army.

I have a few tattoos, two of which are on my front torso. On my left pec is an American eagle with the stars and bars for it's wings. Starting at mid right pec and going down in a straight line ending about lower mid abdomen is my family name written in Runic alphabet (I'm Nordic on my father's side, out of Denmark).

I never thought anything more of them than being an American southerner whose family were of "Viking" descent. Then while weighing and taping in the recruiters office....and I took my shirt off?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was one black NCO from New York who literally looked like he walked up on a rattlesnake and was scared to get bit. The other NCO, also black, was from Tennessee thank God. When he saw the other NCO's face and asked what, followed his look and saw my tats, he simply said, "So the kid is proud to be from the south. So what? So am I. Let's help this young man get enlisted like he's asked."

That's when I found out my tats were EASILY mistaken to mean white supremacist.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What a uncle tom, he don evan soun black.
    "The Patriarch"