Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: They've already won

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I don't know if @thoughtomator's avatar is a joke or I should kiss his feet for making Cantor budge.
    It was me making fun of people who take rep seriously, when so many put so much effort into gaming the rep system to make it meaningless.... while at the same time pointing out to a certain clique of uber-losers than their organized effort to neg rep anyone who didn't hop on board with their anarcho-Communism (pretending to be ancap) was as futile as could possibly be, as I remain one of the most positively reputed individuals ever to grace this site and will remain so no matter what they choose to do, despite never having engaged in any gaming of the system at all.

A little mean, but some people do deserve to have their utter self-inflicted powerlessness rubbed in their faces. They put so much stock in the rep system and here I am blowing up their fragile little worlds with reality.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good luck, Don Quixote.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Gee golly whiz I put two people who earned it fully back on ignore and the stream of trolly bull$#@! comes to a hard stop. Not even getting a "muh rulz! Mommy Daddy he broke muh rulz!" ping or anything.

This site has gone from making fun of those people as the useless sheep-losers they are, to having almost nothing but them left over with all the intelligent people driven away.

Will be glad to forget this site and the tragic shameful farce it has become... once I have harvested all the images I like.
    Here's one for you:

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Translation please. What is 'the urimate hinge of the question'? Have you considered posting only in threads which have your name in the title? There's quite a few of those.

Corrected my typo... "Ultimate Hinge of the Question... Pardon me... Forgot my Bifocals.

Might/Money does not make Inalienable Right... It tries to buy a Privilege... Anarchy can exist. Chaos. KAOS...even, until you GET SMART.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Might/Money does not make Inalienable Right... It tries to buy a Privilege... Anarchy can exist. Chaos. KAOS...even, until you GET SMART.
    Yeah, the old gospel of being inadequate and needing education is alive and well. You should wash brains for a living.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Yeah, the old gospel of being inadequate and needing education is alive and well.
    Thomas Jefferson advocated public education when the most important word in the 2nd Amendment is the word "MILITIA" and not the word "bear" or even arms...

Thomas Jefferson advocated public education when the most important word in the 2nd Amendment is the word "MILITIA" and not the word "bear" or even arms...
    The most important words are: the RIGHT of the PEOPLE.......SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I'm just over here waiting for his next meltdown, they can be pretty entertaining.
    This thread is reminding me of Katsung's... About how 9/11 was all about his driver's license renewal...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The most important words are: the RIGHT of the PEOPLE.......SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
    Depends on what your definition of the word "people" is...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    It was me making fun of people who take rep seriously, when so many put so much effort into gaming the rep system to make it meaningless....
    Well, I got my bar by posting what people found to be enlightening or nuanced ideas.

I didn't get it by jerking myself off about some politics-as-usual byzantine power play that ultimately only served to end someone's career and didn't do anything meaningful to advance the cause of liberty.

Your positive self-image might be your reward for playing politics, but it doesn't eliminate my property taxes. It doesn't repeal the National Firearms Act of 1934. It doesn't abolish compulsory state schooling. It doesn't reduce the stifling effects of intellectual property laws. It doesn't curtail the kidnapping efforts of erroneously named Child Protection Services.

In short, that for which you have here demonstrated the age-old sin of good, old-fashioned pride, doesn't help me.
    Or anyone else.

Now is the part where you argue some part of how I demonstrated you're not helping anyone's liberty, by attempting to convince me that the things I know - not believe, not think, but KNOW are true liberty, are actually not true liberty.

You are running an education campaign, whether you know it or not. You are trying to educate people who already know better, that we need to give up on seeing things we can't unsee, and go back to accepting that in order to be free, we have to wear manacles.

If you and your ilk would just cut the $#@!, we might be able to get somewhere. The revolution might not be dead. If you're going to educate, stop trying to educate us, and start trying to educate people who don't know. Even your milquetoast, luke-tepid, half-assed, not-really-free liberty is more liberty than they are pushing for now. You literally can't $#@! it up. All you need to do is STFU with us and go address THEM.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Swordsmyth, did you have a non-overlapping moniker/identity here, in the years prior to 2016?
    You and timosman are splitting hairs, yet you think greatly alike. The two of you can function like
    a dysfunctional "tagteam" because there are days when your antics can send a thread into hot topix.
    it is not a violation of the rules to have two or more identities if they do not coincide with each other.
    I had actually wondered the same thing.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I had actually wondered the same thing.
    I always think of the guys from Central Services.

For those of us who navigate mostly with New Posts, the obsessive, repetitious, tunnelvision posting diarrhea of these two eclipses intelligent substance and dialog about current events.

A couple months ago I found that putting just those Swordsmyth and timosman on ignore (they're the only two I do that to) effectively turns RPF from beanerphobia.com back into something much closer to the RPF of 2007-2012. Even in the threads they start, the remaining un-ignored discussion is much more balanced, with both sides having plenty of well-considered things to say.

Were I a mod (and thank goodness I'm not), pretty much all the anti-immigration threads would go to Hot Topics, just because there's no way to have a civil discussion about it with these two around.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Come on, guys. At the end of the day we're all on the same side here.

Yeah, really. I observe a couple things reading this thread and other threads.

1. Many people here are too hard on themselves.
    2. Many people here are all-or-nothing.

To the first point. You don't have to walk on water to make a difference. There's no way most of us will have a monumental impact. You do what you can.

To the second point. Eric Cantor and Dave Brat were discussed. I read where Cantor outspent Brat 40 to 1. That's pretty significant for people who don't always have money. Money doesn't always trump everything. I watch a lot of sports. It's often the case that the highest payroll teams don't win the title. There are other factors, such as chemistry.

People sometimes downplay or even ridicule voting. Not so sure I would do that. The repeal of the ACA mandate helped my wallet. I don't follow this in-depth, but I heard Mike Lee and Rand Paul really had a hand in that. That's significant for me because that means I no longer have to waste my money on paying that tax. It's binary--I used to pay it. Now I don't. Someone had a hand in making that happen. No, they didn't repeal a lot of onerous government, but they did one thing. That matters.

I also think people (including me) spend too much energy arguing here. There's only 24 hours in a day. You only have so much energy. I'd rather save that energy for my opponents/enemies. Imagine taking that energy and using it for some liberty cause.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 04-02-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Well, I got my bar by posting what people found to be enlightening or nuanced ideas.

I didn't get it by jerking myself off about some politics-as-usual byzantine power play that ultimately only served to end someone's career and didn't do anything meaningful to advance the cause of liberty.

Your positive self-image might be your reward for playing politics, but it doesn't eliminate my property taxes. It doesn't repeal the National Firearms Act of 1934. It doesn't abolish compulsory state schooling. It doesn't reduce the stifling effects of intellectual property laws. It doesn't curtail the kidnapping efforts of erroneously named Child Protection Services.

In short, that for which you have here demonstrated the age-old sin of good, old-fashioned pride, doesn't help me.
    Or anyone else.

Now is the part where you argue some part of how I demonstrated you're not helping anyone's liberty, by attempting to convince me that the things I know - not believe, not think, but KNOW are true liberty, are actually not true liberty.

You are running an education campaign, whether you know it or not. You are trying to educate people who already know better, that we need to give up on seeing things we can't unsee, and go back to accepting that in order to be free, we have to wear manacles.

If you and your ilk would just cut the $#@!, we might be able to get somewhere. The revolution might not be dead. If you're going to educate, stop trying to educate us, and start trying to educate people who don't know. Even your milquetoast, luke-tepid, half-assed, not-really-free liberty is more liberty than they are pushing for now. You literally can't $#@! it up. All you need to do is STFU with us and go address THEM.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to fisharmor again.

And for good measure:

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Yeah, really. I observe a couple things reading this thread and other threads.

1. Many people here are too hard on themselves.
    2. Many people here are all-or-nothing.

To the first point. You don't have to walk on water to make a difference. There's no way most of us will have a monumental impact. You do what you can.

To the second point. Eric Cantor and Dave Brat were discussed. I read where Cantor outspent Brat 40 to 1. That's pretty significant for people who don't always have money. Money doesn't always trump everything. I watch a lot of sports. It's often the case that the highest payroll teams don't win the title. There are other factors, such as chemistry.

People sometimes downplay or even ridicule voting. Not so sure I would do that. The repeal of the ACA mandate helped my wallet. I don't follow this in-depth, but I heard Mike Lee and Rand Paul really had a hand in that. That's significant for me because that means I no longer have to waste my money on paying that tax. It's binary--I used to pay it. Now I don't. Someone had a hand in making that happen. No, they didn't repeal a lot of onerous government, but they did one thing. That matters.

I also think people (including me) spend too much energy arguing here. There's only 24 hours in a day. You only have so much energy. I'd rather save that energy for my opponents/enemies. Imagine taking that energy and using it for some liberty cause.
    Ya know, when you don't waste your time here chasing around The count, etc., you actually make some decent points?

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Ya know, when you don't waste your time here chasing around The count, etc., you actually make some decent points?
    Yes, I enjoy the infrequent opportunities to +rep NCL.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Yes, I enjoy the infrequent opportunities to +rep NCL.

Well, maybe you're right about chasing trolls since I don't think they're effective as I once thought. Maybe it's a hobby, or maybe I'm jealous of their pay. Heh.

And thanks for the compliments. I invite you and others to check out my other posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234