Thread: Larry King backs repealing Second Amendment, says it was meant to fight slave uprisings

Larry King backs repealing Second Amendment, says it was meant to fight slave uprisings

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...cond-amendment
    Former CNN star Larry King said Wednesday that he would support repealing the Second Amendment because “it’s poorly written” and represents an outdated time.

“What’d they mean by militia?” King asked TMZ.

The Hulu host said the Second Amendment was included in the Constitution at the insistence of "Southern senators so they could ward off slaves uprising."
    History rewrite in the makes but not helping their cause for those that think we are all slaves.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...cond-amendment

History rewrite in the makes but not helping their cause for those that think we are all slaves.
    Sorry, Mr King, but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say, uh, ever.
    There is no spoon.

Larry King is still alive?

Huh, who knew?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I completely forgot Larry King still existed.

Jan2017

Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens stated it this way on Tuesday :
    "Concern that a national standing army might pose a threat to the security of the separate states led to the adoption of that amendment, which provides that “a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” Today that concern is a relic of the 18th century."

" . . . clear sign to lawmakers to enact legislation prohibiting civilian ownership of semiautomatic weapons, increasing the minimum age to buy a gun from 18 to 21 years old, and establishing more comprehensive background checks on all purchasers of firearms. But the demonstrators should seek more effective and more lasting reform. They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment."

The hidden argument in 97 year old Justice John Paul Stevens’ pitch is this:
    An individual’s sacred right to self-defense, to the defense of innocents and against government,
    boldly embodied in the Second Amendment, is transferable to government.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/o...amendment.html

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Jewish American says what?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I completely forgot Larry King still existed.
    He's hawking crap like joint supplements in late night informercials now. He'll say whatever he's paid to say, no matter how idiotic.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

There are many , many more slaves now than then . One in seven amerikans on food stamps . Get more ammo . When the illegal Fed govt can no longer take money from the productive and borrow money to give out free steaks to the deadbeats do you think they will all quietly , voluntarily lay down and starve ? Larry is right , fear the slaves , they are 45 million strong .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-29-2018 at 07:57 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even if he was right, the Constitution of this flyspeck country, in the thin scheme of human history, is often assumed to "live". Why not the Bill of Rights? Why not the 2nd Amendment? Is a corporation of states going to derive all it's rights from individuals but deny the individual - the actual living being - his rights?

The State is a delinquent $#@!head demanding not only all the privileges and rights of individuals, but continually defers responsibility for it's obscene overreach upon the individual - either in tax, military service, or unjust laws which debilitate commerce.

I rarely get involved in these discussions, but let me tell you something: If someone broke into our house, the police would be here to take out the body of a criminal, not investigating a double homicide.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I rarely get involved in these discussions, but let me tell you something: If someone broke into our house, the police would be here to take out the body of a criminal, not investigating a double homicide.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I got to meet a man named David Hardy at the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Chicago a few years back.

He made an interesting documentary on the 2nd Amendment:

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Earth to Larry: Gun control has historically been used to disarm blacks.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment