Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: "We're Coming Out Of Syria Very Soon; Others Can Take Care Of It Now"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    President Donald Trump said "I want to get out. I want to bring our troops home."

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...182430745.html
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Donald is a little too late with his April Fools joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I think Donald is a little too late with his April Fools joke.
    What if it turns out you are the April fools joke?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"I had a long conversation with [MbS/Saudi Arabia] about Syria... I told him... if they want us to stay, they're going to have to pay us to stay."
    How noble.
    Sounds like a crime boss.
    how bout take their money, GIVE it to Syrian Relief AND come home.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-03-2018 at 04:35 PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

French Soldiers Enter Parts of Northern Syria as US Troops Withdraw
    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/2...-patrol-syria/

French military personnel have been deployed to Syria and are now patrolling areas in northern parts of the country
    under the control of the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), according to reports by the Kurdistan 24 news agency.

An unknown number of French troops reportedly entered the border town of Tell Abyad and the city of Manbij this afternoon
    after US troops withdrew.

Turkey has repeatedly threatened to attack the city of Manbij and other parts of northern Syria
    after its successful cross-border military operation in Afrin.

On March 29, French President Emmanuel Macron vowed to send troops to the area to deter any Turkish aggression,
    according to daily newspaper Le Parisien.

The newspaper also claimed that the deployment of troops from the French Army to Syria was being coordinated with the US,
    which already operates a number of military facilities throughout SDF-controlled parts of Syria.

This latest development seemingly indicates that US President Donald Trump was referring to France
    when he said the that the US would be leaving Syria very soon “to let others take care of it.”
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

bump

US not leaving just yet. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...defeat-n862691

Trump agrees to keep U.S. troops in Syria for undetermined period of time to defeat ISIS

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump reluctantly agreed in a meeting with his national security team on Tuesday to keep U.S. troops in Syria for an undetermined period of time with the goal of defeating ISIS, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

"He wasn’t thrilled about it, to say the least," the official said.

Defense Secretary James Mattis and other top officials made the case to Trump that the fight against ISIS was almost finished but a complete withdrawal of U.S. forces at this time would risk losing gains the U.S. has made in the fight, the official said.

Mattis told the president the Pentagon was already reducing the number of U.S. forces and would continue to do so, though he did not give the president a set time frame for the end of the U.S. mission in Syria, the official said. The official said Trump "wasn’t thrilled about that either," but agreed to give the effort more time.

"The president made his displeasure clear about any kind of long-term presence in Syria," the official said, adding that Trump said he wants other countries in the region to help fund the country's reconstruction.

In a statement Wednesday, the White House said the U.S. mission in Syria was "coming to a rapid end."

"The military mission to eradicate ISIS in Syria is coming to a rapid end, with ISIS being almost completely destroyed. The United States and our partners remain committed to eliminating the small ISIS presence in Syria that our forces have not already eradicated," Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said. "We will continue to consult with our allies and friends regarding future plans. We expect countries in the region and beyond, plus the United Nations, to work toward peace and ensure that ISIS never re-emerges."

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats said earlier Wednesday morning that he and the rest of Trump's national security team had engaged in "significant" discussions with the White House Tuesday about the future of the U.S. mission in Syria.

The U.S. has around 2,000 forces on the

Or not. Whatevs.

As long as the Trumptards get a headline to write Donald's fan fiction stories, the truth doesn't matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by zips article
    "He wasn’t thrilled about it, to say the least," the official said.
    It's too bad he's not like a Commander In Chief or something.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-05-2018 at 12:26 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The White House said Wednesday that the U.S. military mission in Syria was coming to "a rapid end" but offered no firm timeline for a withdrawal, even as President Donald Trump has insisted it's time for American troops to return home.

With allies anxious about a hasty U.S. withdrawal, the Trump administration said it would stay in war-torn Syria to finish off the job of defeating the Islamic State group and was committed to eliminating the militants' "small" presence that "our forces have not already eradicated."
    But White House press secretary Sarah Sanders suggested that would not be a long-term endeavor, and she described the extremist group that once controlled vast swaths of Syria and Iraq as "almost completely destroyed."
    There were clear signs the United States was narrowing its mission in Syria, still in the throes of a long-running civil war, and would focus only on defeating IS and not on the broader task of stabilizing the country and ensuring that the extremists cannot re-emerge.
    "We will continue to consult with our allies and friends regarding future plans," Sanders said in a brief written statement. "We expect countries in the region and beyond, plus the United Nations, to work toward peace and ensure" that IS never comes back.
    Trump and his national security team are having a contentious debate about the future U.S. role in Syria, where an American-led coalition has been fighting IS since 2014. Roughly 2,000 U.S. troops are currently in Syria.
    The president met with top aides Tuesday before telling reporters that he wanted to "get out" and "bring our troops back home." CIA Director Mike Pompeo, who has been nominated to be secretary of state, and other advisers strongly advised Trump against too quick a withdrawal, according to U.S. officials who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal talks.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-mul...-politics.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There's a few nuances in this piece

Trump gets testy as national security team warns of risks of Syria withdrawal
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/04/polit...ops/index.html

He needs to put his foot down, and not just about Syria.

He needs to demand that they give him a pull out from somewhere.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He needs to put his foot down, and not just about Syria.

He needs to demand that they give him a pull out from somewhere.
    If only he were something important, like a Commander In Chief, then maybe he'd have some sway.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    If only he were something important, like a Commander In Chief, then maybe he'd have some sway.
    He has it and he needs to use it, that is my point.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Fake news from anonymous sources. Right, Trumpkins?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

What about Somalia? Or I don't know, the other six conflicts the United States is involved with?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Fake news from anonymous sources. Right, Trumpkins?
    Did you read it?

The neocons are trying to convince him to keep our troops there and he is wanting to bring them home ASAP - he is allowing them a little more time to finish off ISIS.

Hillary wanted to go after Assad, that is who you supported.

Trump is not going to let this turn into a boondoggle on his dime.

Seems like one choice is a trillion times better than the other to me..

=====

PENTAGON SAYS NO TIMELINE GIVEN TO PULL TROOPS FROM SYRIA: DAILY BRIEF

-==

ANTI US REBELLION

There's 2 groups of saboteurs/assassins now; one in Raqqa, one in Hasaka

Graphic video allegedly showing new rebel group inside Kurdish-held north Syria killing 2 US-backed fighters
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...cked-fighters/

NE SYRIA

Despite US-backed forces having virtually total control over northeastern Syria,
    the Syrian Army does nonetheless maintain a number of key military installations and positions (including an airfield)
    inside and around the cities of Hasakah and Qamishli.

Over 1,000 new Syrian Army troops to be deployed at Hasakah, Qamishli enclaves
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...laves-details/

The reinforcements, numbering 1,500 men all up (the size of a Soviet-era army regiment),
    are people native to the Hasakah and Qamishli regions who very recently reconciled with the Syrian government
    and entered military service as a result.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-05-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't worry guys. Trump is going to get us out of Syria very soon. He just miscalculated his strategy and had to change his plans. It may take another year or two or maybe even into his second term, but I assure you he'll get us out of Syria.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 04-05-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Echoing others, the rebels we've funded for the better part of a decade will no doubt remain on the payroll, with or without an official presence.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Or not. Whatevs.

As long as the Trumptards get a headline to write Donald's fan fiction stories, the truth doesn't matter much.
    And then there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Echoing others, the rebels we've funded for the better part of a decade will no doubt remain on the payroll, with or without an official presence.
    That is the deep state, the same people who are trying to get rid of Trump. You are on their side.

Did you read it?

The neocons are trying to convince him to keep our troops there and he is wanting to bring them home ASAP - he is allowing them a little more time to finish off ISIS.

Hillary wanted to go after Assad, that is who you supported.

Trump is not going to let this turn into a boondoggle on his dime.

Seems like one choice is a trillion times better than the other to me..
    Gee, who put those neocons there?

You're probably right, he's got another boondoggle to build down south a ways, and on our dime. Not Mexico's.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 04-05-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    That only proves that President Torture is a lot smarter than to just keep himself surrounded by "yes men".

...and Hillary somethin' somethin'.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Also aren't these neocons trying to convince him to stay in Syria the same ones that he hired? Bolton,Haspal, Haley, Pompeo, etc? Maybe you shouldn't hire people that think the contrary.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 04-05-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Also aren't these neocons trying to convince him to stay in Syria the same ones that he hired? Bolton,Haspal, Haley, Pompeo, etc? Maybe you shouldn't hire people that think the contrary.
    Obviously you are smarter than Donald Trump, maybe you should give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Yeah but they seemed so smart when Trump saw them on the teevee....
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Yeah but they seemed so smart when Trump saw them on the teevee....
    And they said nice things about him too, which means they have good taste and are terrific and wonderful.

Obviously you are smarter than Donald Trump, maybe you should give it a shot.
    Trump: ‘Just Kidding. We’re Staying In Syria.’

There is no spoon.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast