Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: "We're Coming Out Of Syria Very Soon; Others Can Take Care Of It Now"

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    And they said nice things about him too, which means they have good taste and are terrific and wonderful.
    And they pledged their loyalty to the throne and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Trump: ‘Just Kidding. We’re Staying In Syria.’

LOL

One thing that occurred to me, a question that no one seems to be asking, is "when exactly did we officially go into Syria?" My recollection is of a few "advisors" for the rebel groups and that's it. Today, we're talking about it like it's Iraq. Started at point A and have ended up at point Z but the rest of the alphabet is missing.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-06-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

THE ART OF THE APPEARANCE OF THE DEAL

"I'm going to change this"
    [Has meeting and is told he can't change this]
    "We had a meeting and we agreed that the status quo is new thing I have input on."
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    One thing that occurred to me, a question that no one seems to be asking, is "when exactly did we officially go into Syria?" My recollection is of a few "advisors" for the rebel groups and that's it. Today, we're talking about it like it's Iraq. Started at point A and have ended up at point Z but the rest of the alphabet is missing.
    I was arguing with some Trump supporter on youtube and he said it was Obama that sent in the troops then I reminded him that now Trump is the one expanding and defending Obama's program. I mean, the world seizes to make any sense.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I was arguing with some Trump supporter on youtube and he said it was Obama that sent in the troops then I reminded him that now Trump is the one expanding and defending Obama's program. I mean, the world seizes to make any sense.
    The anti-war movement in the GOP (such as it was) ended with Obama's departure, as the old Dem anti-war movement ended when he arrived.

Who needs principles when you have mindless partisanship?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Obama's program was to increase ISIS' presence so they could help us fight proxy wars such as getting rid of Assad, which is what Hillary wanted to do.

Trump has done the opposite - ISIS is almost completely gone and Trump has no intention over toppling Assad. He is waiting for them to finish off ISIS, but is not going to be giving them a lot more time to complete this because there is little left to be done and it doesn't make sense spending a lot of money on it. That is how business people think.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Obama's program was to increase ISIS' presence so they could help us fight proxy wars such as getting rid of Assad, which is what Hillary wanted to do.

Trump has done the opposite - ISIS is almost completely gone and Trump has no intention over toppling Assad. He is waiting for them to finish off ISIS, but is not going to be giving them a lot more time to complete this because there is little left to be done and it doesn't make sense spending a lot of money on it. That is how business people think.
    Obama invaded Syria using ISIS as a proxy, Trump did it with American troops and American troops having killed possibly hundreds of Russians and has brought us closer to nuclear war with Russia then in the last 30 years. I am tired of your Trumpy bear fake trump persona please tell me how invading and taking over 30% of Syria with American Troops is any better then with ISIS Troops?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Obama invaded Syria using ISIS as a proxy, Trump did it with American troops and American troops having killed possibly hundreds of Russians and has brought us closer to nuclear war with Russia then in the last 30 years. I am tired of your Trumpy bear fake trump persona please tell me how invading and taking over 30% of Syria with American Troops is any better then with ISIS Troops?
    Why do you hate America?

How can this be true?

Russian Intelligence: US Has Over 400,000 Troops in Asia-Pacific Region
    http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13970116000689

American Troops is any better then with ISIS Troops?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The deep state was controlling ISIS. How is controlling Syrian territory with Americans that might be killed for political gain better? Do we really need another John Mccain?

The deep state was controlling ISIS. How is controlling Syrian territory with Americans that might be killed for political gain better? Do we really need another John Mccain?
    Gee, I guess it is better because American troops are going to leave soon, whereas the ISIS factions wanted to institute Islamofascism. Oh, and ISIS is extremely brutal..

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gee, I guess it is better because American troops are going to leave soon, whereas the ISIS factions wanted to institute Islamofascism. Oh, and ISIS is extremely brutal..
    Oh, and ISIS is a proxy partner, formed & funded, with the US, just like Al Qaeda was/is
    There is no spoon.

They are going to leave soon??What like 15 minutes?? Can we leave Afghanistan too while we are at it? You think ISIS is brutal, we have bloody Gina and John Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Oh, and ISIS is a proxy partner, formed & funded, with the US, just like Al Qaeda was/is
    Military jobs program- plus they changed the way the military retirement works so military personnel have an incentive to invest in TSP which helps keep the stock market up.

A deal with the United States to reduce tensions over the Kurdish-held city of Manbij in Syria is "doable" but requires Washington to clear up confusion in its policy, a top Turkish official said Saturday.President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's spokesman Ibrahim Kalin also said a Turkish operation to take the Syrian city of Tal Rifaat was no longer on the agenda after Russian assurances that Kurdish militia were no longer there.

Ankara had said an understanding had been reached with former secretary of state Rex Tillerson but this has now been thrown into the air after he was fired by President Donald Trump.
    Kalin told foreign reporters in Istanbul that Turkey had proposed moving the YPG out of Manbij east of the Euphrates River and then US and Turkish forces jointly managing security.

"We still believe that this is achievable and this is doable," he said, urging "concrete steps" from the American side on an issue that was "really straining relations."

But he said Washington had to clear up confusion in its Syria policy which in the last days saw Trump signal a US pullout from the country before the White House stated it was not yet happening.
    "The president of the US says 'we are going to get out of Syria very soon' and then others say 'no we are staying'."
    "It does create a lot of confusion on the ground as well as for us. We would like to see some clarity, for them to decide."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-ur...160756724.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Friday that the military is talking with Kurdish partners and others in Syria to resolve questions over US support once the United States eventually withdraws from the war-torn country.President Donald Trump last week said he wants the US presence in Syria to end "very soon." On Wednesday the White House vowed the US mission would come to a "rapid end," without actually setting a timeline.
    A key issue is the fate of the thousands of Syrian Kurds that for years have been fighting the Islamic State group with US training, equipment and air support.
    "We are in consultation with our allies and partners right now, so we'll work all this out," Mattis said when asked whether the US military is committed to supporting Syria's Kurdish fighters.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/mattis-sy...190517009.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    In wake of an apparent chemical attack in Syria, would Pres. Trump reconsider pulling out U.S. troops? Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert: “American troops aren’t going to fix this… we need regional partnership increased and we need U.S. presence decreased.”

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Two separate people have confirmed the President did not write the tweets this morning on Assad and Syria

JackPosobiec
    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...27866236919808

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Twitter feed starting to look like bombing from U.S. has started. Unconfirmed
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Pentagon officials say there is no truth to reports that US has launched an attack against Assad bases in Syria.
    Pentagon officials say there is no truth to reports that US has launched an attack against Assad bases in Syria.
    — Dion Nissenbaum (@DionNissenbaum) April 9, 2018
    Adding to the confusion, are reports that at least some of the aircraft above Syria have been "identified" as Israeli, although the IDF has yet to indicate, or confirm, it is conducting an offensive attack on Syria.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ruise-missiles

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Update: confusion, of course. According to Syria's TV channels, there has been an "aggression on T4 airfield with several strikes, likely to be by the US”. Meanwhile Pentagon officials deny any US involvement.

• SENIOR U.S OFFICIAL SAYS NO TRUTH TO REPORTS OF ANY U.S. STRIKES AGAINST ASSAD BASES IN SYRIA

BREAKING: U.S. officials: The United States is not carrying out airstrikes in Syria
    — The Associated Press (@AP) April 9, 2018
    Which suggests that Israel (and/or France) may have taken the initiative to bomb Syria on its (their) own, although it is unclear if with or without Trump's blessing:
    Pro-regime Syrian channel reports: “an aggression on T4 airfield with several strikes, likely to be by the US”. Meanwhile Pentagon officials deny any US involvement. pic.twitter.com/Y2QYr6S5Pt
    — Ola Salem (@Ola_Salem) April 9, 2018
    Syrians claim the US is bombing; Pentagon denies. pic.twitter.com/sNeQjzZB6S
    — David I. Ramadan (@DavidIRamadan) April 9, 2018
    An interesting IDF tweet from February suggests Israel has had its eye on T4 for a while: "For a long time Iran and the Quds Force have been operating, with the backing of Syrian forces and the approval of the Syrian regime, from the Syrian T-4 Airbase near Tadmor."
    For a long time Iran and the Quds Force have been operating, with the backing of Syrian forces and the approval of the Syrian regime, from the Syrian T-4 Airbase near Tadmor. pic.twitter.com/U9H33vDF4O
    — IDF (@IDFSpokesperson) February 10, 2018
    And yes... France:
    #BREAKING Trump, Macron vow 'strong, joint response' to suspected Syria gas attack
    — AFP news agency (@AFP) April 9, 2018
    Meanwhile a Syrian military source said "several fatalities" resulted from missile strikes on T4, according to pro-Assad media.
    Military source says several fatalities and casualties resulted in the missile attack on T4, according to pro-regime TV. pic.twitter.com/DzoMuhBKI8
    — Ola Salem (@Ola_Salem) April 9, 2018

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ruise-missiles

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump’s Syria “Withdrawal” Was Textbook US Deception

Feigning Withdrawal Before Greater Conflict is Documented US Policy ...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

When asked about the explosions, an Israeli spokeswoman declined to comment.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/missiles-...014918239.html

I'll take that as a confession.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

When asked about the explosions, an Israeli spokeswoman declined to comment.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/missiles-...014918239.html

I'll take that as a confession.
    They fired their missiles from Lebanon airspace. The Israelis fear the unknown of putin's air defense.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast