Thread: Holy Cross Theology Professor Says Jesus Was a ‘Drag King’ with ‘Kweer Desires’

Exclamation Holy Cross Theology Professor Says Jesus Was a ‘Drag King’ with ‘Kweer Desires’

It's a damn shame that an accepted word like "qu eer" is censored in a freedom forum.

Among other things it renders the link dead.

If you want to click through, you'll have to type "qu eer", without a space, into your browser.

Holy Cross Theology Professor Says Jesus Was a ‘Drag King’ with ‘Kweer Desires’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...*****-desires/

by THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, PH.D.28 Mar 20186,204

The theology program at the Jesuit-run College of the Holy Cross has taken on a new tone ever since the school appointed a gender-obsessed Chair of New Testament Studies who claims Jesus was a “drag king,” a new article contends.

Writing for The Fenwick Review, Elinor Reilly of the Holy Cross class of 2018 argues in a March 26 article that Professor Tat-Siong Benny Liew’s “unconventional readings of Scripture” have brought “a new theological perspective to Holy Cross.”

Letting the facts speak for themselves, Ms. Reilly suggests that “the centrality of sex and gender to his way of thinking about the New Testament” significantly colors the way that Professor Liew presents Jesus Christ to students at the Catholic College.

In a remarkable re-reading of the Bible, Professor Liew has argued that Jesus is not only “king of Israel” and “king of the Jews,” but “also a drag king,” as presented in the New Testament Gospel of John.

Saint John’s constant references to Jesus wanting water, giving water, and leaking water “speak to Jesus’ gender indeterminacy and hence his cross-dressing and other kweer desires,” Liew contends.

Reading everything through the lens of gender, Professor Liew finds sex in the most unlikely places in the life of Jesus. The episode of Jesus washing the apostles’ feet at the Last Supper, for example, is “suggestive,” like “a literary striptease,” and “even seductive,” because it “shows and withholds at the same time,” he claims.

Liew’s sexualization of the sacred Christian texts goes beyond the reinterpretation of actions and extends to gender identity as well. For instance, Liew stated that in his Gospel, Saint John makes very clear that Jesus is a Jew but he is less clear about “whether Jesus is a biological male.”

In passages that would be considered blasphemous to devout Christians, Liew eroticizes Jesus’ relationship to his disciples and even to God the Father, proposing that “Jesus himself needs others to cum with the Father.”

This eroticization can be found in Liew’s interpretation of Christ’s passion and crucifixion as well, which Christians solemnly commemorate during Holy Week.

“What I am suggesting is that, when Jesus’ body is being penetrated, his thoughts are on his Father. He is, in other words, imagining his passion experience as a (masochistic?) sexual relation with his own Father,” Liew has written.

What makes the heterodox perspectives of Professor Liew all the more scandalous at this Jesuit institution is that they are not reserved for some obscure graduate seminar, but are offered to undergraduates. In his prestigious role as chair of New Testament, Professor Liew often teaches “New Testament,” the College’s primary New Testament class.

Moreover, the “position and prestige which accompany an endowed chair in Religious Studies testify to the esteem in which his work is held by the College’s administration and academic community,” Ms. Reilly observes. “He continues to be held up as an example and a bold successor to the learned and discerning tradition of our Catholic and Jesuit College of the Holy Cross.”

Professor Liew was appointed to the endowed Chair of New Testament Studies, a distinguished professorship associated with the Religious Studies department, in 2013, having taught previously at the Pacific School of Theology and Chicago Theological Seminary.

The College of the Holy Cross, founded in 1843 and located in Worcester, Massachusetts, proclaims that its “Jesuit, Catholic identity has remained a constant” throughout its history, “informing and influencing everything we do.”

The Fenwick Review, which ran Ms. Reilly’s article, is billed as “The Independent Journal of Opinion at the College of the Holy Cross,” and “strives to promote intellectual freedom and progress on campus,” according to its mission statement.

The staff of the journal “takes pride in defending traditional Catholic principles and conservative ideas, and does its best to articulate thoughtful alternatives to the dominant campus ethos,” it states.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-28-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Paul's First Letter to the Romans:

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-28-2018 at 08:27 AM. Reason: King James' scribes did it better

I tell you the social sciences have just plain gone stupid...Anything goes in the land of relativity.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Uggg such blasphemy!

Revelation 13:1-10 (KJV)

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

LMAO, at some point you have to realize they are just $#@!ing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I tell you the social sciences have just plain gone stupid...Anything goes in the land of relativity.
    Full retard, indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Total tuition costs over $61,000 a year at Holy Cross.

If I was student, am I supposed to be happy being trolled after paying prices like that?

This isn't trolling, they are are serious.

It's a manner of poisoning the well, to send you to a religious college to destroy your faith.

Which is the goal.

I don't think so, they are trying to poison young minds.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Total tuition costs over $61,000 a year at Holy Cross.
    If I was student, am I supposed to be happy being trolled after paying prices like that?
    This isn't trolling, they are are serious.
    It's a manner of poisoning the well, to send you to a religious college to destroy your faith.
    Which is the goal.
    While I think it is disgusting, one can argue that teaching people to think outside the box its an important part of higher education. I mean aren't people always talking about indoctrination? I can't think that anybody actually believes the crap in the OP, but its a good lesson on looking at things from a different POV. Even if it is poor fiction at best.

While I think it is disgusting, one can argue that teaching people to think outside the box its an important part of higher education. I mean aren't people always talking about indoctrination? I can't think that anybody actually believes the crap in the OP, but its a good lesson on looking at things from a different POV. Even if it is poor fiction at best.
    Where does 'thinking outside the box' end and 'making up totally ridiculous stuff and telling young people that's what they see when they read between the lines' begin?

This isn't teaching people to think outside the box. Thinking outside the box does not involve ignoring existing evidence, and saying something is evidence when it is not. This is Con People Into Believing $#@! is Shinola 101. This is a professor seeing if students are capable of saying something they totally don't believe on the final exam with a straight face. If you aren't duplicitous enough to do that, you aren't college graduate material in this day and age.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-28-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Where does 'thinking outside the box' end and 'making up totally ridiculous stuff and telling young people that's what they see when they read between the lines' begin?

This isn't teaching people to think outside the box. Thinking outside the box does not involve ignoring existing evidence, and saying something is evidence when it is not. This is Con People Into Believing $#@! is Shinola 101. This is a professor seeing if students are capable of saying something they totally don't believe on the final exam with a straight face. If you aren't duplicitous enough to do that, you aren't college graduate material in this day and age.
    It's false teaching.

1 Timothy 6:3-5

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, [even] the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 3:13 -

But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It's false teaching.
    Is that not what I said?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Is that not what I said?

You said: "This isn't teaching people to think outside the box..." It's the false teaching that makes lot's of these people 'think' they are thinking outside the box.

It's pure deception.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It's pure deception.
    Is that not what I said?

Is that not what I said?
    Upon looking it again, yes you did in a round about way. My apologies.

I think they do.

I know people who think like that.

At least they think they think that way.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.