Thread: How much civilization does $2.6 TRILLION buy?

Exclamation How much civilization does $2.6 TRILLION buy?

I rounded it down, just so Zip would not accuse me of overhyping the situation.

Statists say "taxation is the price we pay fer civilization...hurrr".

For $#@!'s sake, I have enough then. I do not want anymore.

$1.3 TRILLION $#@!ing dollars, is what combined state/county/local income, sales and property taxes came to last year.

$1.3 TRILLION is being spent on this new budget disaster.

$2.6 TRILLION $#@!ing dollars.

And it still ain't enough, government is STILL $#@!ing broke and running in the red.

Trump is Gorbachev...this game's over.

State and Local Income, Sales and Property Taxes All Hit Records in 2017

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...t-records-2017

By Terence P. Jeffrey | March 22, 2018 | 12:54 PM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - Real state and local income, sales and property taxes all hit records in 2017, according to data released this week by the Census Bureau.

State and local governments collected a record $404,509,000,000 in individual income taxes in 2017, according to the Census Bureau. Before 2017, the greatest level of individual income tax revenues collected by state and local governments occurred in 2015, when those governments collected $399,933,270,000 in individual income taxes (in constant 2017 dollars converted using the Bureau of Labor Statistics inflation calculator).

State and local governments also collected a record $386,153,000,000 in general sales and gross receipts taxes in 2017. Prior to that, the largest state and local general sales and gross receipt tax collections took place in 2015, when state and local governments collected $385,904,260,000 in those taxes (in constant 2017 dollars).

At the same time, state and local governments collected a record $573,064,000,000 in property taxes in 2017. Before 2017, the largest property tax collections took place in 2016, when state and local governments collected $551,936,350,000 in property taxes (in constant 2017 dollars).

Property taxes also hit a record in 2017 on a per capita basis. During the year, the record $573,064,000,000 in property taxes that state and local governments collected from property owners equaled $1,759 per each of the 325,719,178 men, women and children in the United States.

Per capita state and local income taxes peaked in 2015 at approximately $1,246 and per capita state and local general sales and gross receipts taxes peaked in 2006 at approximately $1,214.

The Census Bureau defines “general sales and gross receipts taxes” as taxes that “are applicable with only specified exceptions to all types of goods and services, or all gross income.” Taxes that are targeted at specific items such as alcoholic beverages, amusements, insurance, motor fuels, amounts bet at race tracks, public utilities and tobacco are not counted.

Property taxes, according to the Census Bureau, are taxes “conditioned on ownership of property and measured to its valued." They include taxes on real and personal property, including motor vehicles.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-23-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must not be paying attention. I have it on good authority that this is all a test, and that the president who campaigned on spending more than anyone else will not, in fact, increase spending. We'll have to vote him in to a second term first, though... then he'll be able to cut the spending that he increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    You must not be paying attention. I have it on good authority that this is all a test, and that the president who campaigned on spending more than anyone else will not, in fact, increase spending. We'll have to vote him in to a second term first, though... then he'll be able to cut the spending that he increased.
    Trump may very well get a second term, but he'll have it with an enraged, furious, opposition Congress.

And he'll sign legislation...oh boy will he sign.

Hold onto your hats.

This $#@!ing guy is going to end up setting freedom back decades more than Hillary ever could have dreamed.

Paying close to 50% of my income in taxes each year, is a small price to pay for roads.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    He should be able to do it in his second term. He would do it now, but deep state.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

You may put me down , I predict the next president will want to spend as much or more .

Molyneux is pissed

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Live, from Wonka Vision Studios...

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alex Jones is off the Trump Train?

https://www.pscp.tv/RealAlexJones/1OyKANvQjPaGb

Heh maybe not so much I still can't figure out if he is being sarcastic or what
    Last edited by dannno; 03-23-2018 at 05:44 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Alex Jones is off the Trump Train?

https://www.pscp.tv/RealAlexJones/1OyKANvQjPaGb

Heh maybe not so much I still can't figure out if he is being sarcastic or what
    I hope so.

Jones has not been listenable to me for the last couple of years, because of his unabashed praise of Trump.

Maybe he's wising up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I hope so.

Jones has not been listenable to me for the last couple of years, because of his unabashed praise of Trump.

Maybe he's wising up.
    Nah, the title was sarcastic

Cernovich and especially Molyneux were totally pissed today, but they got really worked up over the empty Syria airbase attack too.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-23-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Nah, the title was sarcastic

Cernovich and especially Molyneux were totally pissed today, but they got really worked up over the empty Syria airbase attack too.
    Well, that's too bad.

Keep giving them your money and they will keep spending it. Going on 8 years now I have neither filed for, nor paid Federal or State income. I am a conscientious objector. Molon Labe.

3 Trillion dollars a while back was a quick $$$
    tally done as our 'War 0n Terror' opened up
    new theatres to expend exotic weapons in.
    Are we doing in one year what it took ShRUb
    some 3or4 years to wrack up? As we borrow?

How much?

About this much.

The State is institutionalized barbarism. It can never produce civilization.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.