Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump decides to fund santuary cities, signs Swamp Creature slush fund

Trump decides to fund santuary cities, signs Swamp Creature slush fund

Trump has been rolled by the Washington Sewer Rats. He bought their rope-a-dope military funding crap, hook, line and sinker. I'm sure sanctuary cities and states are tickled pink over Trump's change of heart and caving in to funding them.

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance the economic needs of millions of poverty stricken, poorly educated, low and unskilled aliens who have invaded America borders.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hah, if true, congress is going to learn what happens when you mess with Trump.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Hah, if true, congress is going to learn what happens when you mess with Trump.
    Apparently a VETO isn't what happens.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Apparently a VETO isn't what happens.
    How do you figure?

I think the idea was they 'made him' sign it without him knowing. When he finds out they snuck something like that in, he will be pissed.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-23-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So much MAGA... and you dont even know it.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

How could he know what he signed? Rand is still reading the damned thing.

How do you figure?

I think the idea was they 'made him' sign it without him knowing. When he finds out they snuck something like that in, he will be pissed.
    He threatened to VETO the bill, he didn't.
    There were plenty of overwhelmingly good reasons to to VETO the bill and there were NO good reasons to sign it.

Not knowing about this specific reason isn't an excuse for signing, the entire bill is a case of "messing with Trump" and he signed it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He threatened to VETO the bill, he didn't.
    There were plenty of overwhelmingly good reasons to to VETO the bill and there were NO good reasons to sign it.

Not knowing about this specific reason isn't an excuse for signing, the entire bill is a case of "messing with Trump" and he signed it.
    Yes but if he didn't know this specific item was in it and congress snuck it in anyway and he signed it, then veto may very well be what happens next time because he knows he can't trust them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

That about does it. Shut off the lights. This isn't a winnable fight.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ton/100298958/

And the second-term Republican is unlikely to make many more with Tuesday’s publication of his tell-all book, Drain the Swamp: How Washington is Worse Than You Think, co-authored with Bill Blankschaen.

In it, Buck says lawmakers are mostly “fat and happy alligators who feel pretty darn comfortable in the swamp.” He casts Republican leaders as “playground bullies” who go to great lengths, including yanking subcommittee chairmanships and canceling lawmakers’ overseas trips, to punish dissenters. And he decries a “pay-to-play” system in which plum committee assignments and leadership slots are tied to lawmakers’ fundraising skills instead of their policy expertise.

“The critical criteria for getting ahead is fundraising, and it’s a reality that the people you are going to raise money from want something" from Congress, Buck told USA TODAY in a telephone interview Monday. “A lot of members see the problem, but they want to get re-elected.”

Early in the book, Buck spells out the steep dues lawmakers are required to give to the House Republican campaign committee keep their seats on influential committees. As a member of the House Rules Committee — one of the five “A” committees that also include Appropriations, Ways and Means, Financial Services and Energy and Commerce — Buck said he must raise $450,000 over the next two years for the GOP’s House campaign arm if he hopes to retain his slot.

The chairman of an “A” committee must raise even more: $1.2 million, he wrote. It’s no wonder, then, that “some members of Congress spend at least half their time fundraising to keep their dues paid and campaign coffers full,” Buck said.

Buck, unlike some Freedom Caucus members, pays those dues, he said, because he wants his party to retain its majority in Congress.

We paid for border security.......................................... ................in Tunisia.

Yes but if he didn't know this specific item was in it and congress snuck it in anyway and he signed it, then veto may very well be what happens next time because he knows he can't trust them.
    You are lost. Trump made some hairbrain excuse that he had to 'fund the military.'

He thought he could trust them?

What will it take to get a veto out of him?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    You are lost. Trump made some hairbrain excuse that he had to 'fund the military.'
    Yes but he didn't know that this was in the bill when he signed it, they backstabbed him. Trump loves getting even. This is just the beginning.

Yes but he didn't know that this was in the bill when he signed it, they backstabbed him. Trump loves getting even. This is just the beginning.
    What?!?!!???

He thought he could trust them?
    Probably not, but he gave them a test and they failed.

What will it take to get a veto out of him?
    This maybe?

What?!?!!???
    Did you read the OP?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Did you read the OP?
    He's the president. Ever hear of the line, "The buck stops here?" Trump is gone. Bye bye. He and his dirty son-in-law need to be kicked back to Tel Aviv.

He's the president. Ever hear of the line, "The buck stops here?" Trump is gone. Bye bye. He and his dirty son-in-law need to be kicked back to Tel Aviv.
    Lol, ok..

Probably not, but he gave them a test and they failed.
    You don't sign this bill as a "test", they failed the test when they sent him the bill.
    The only theory that can claim any silver lining is attached to this cloud would be that he cut a deal to get something else in return for signing it, only he can know if he did that or if it was worth it, we must condemn this bill and his action of signing it because we can't know and it is dubious even if true.

This maybe?
    This bill didn't get a veto, the fact that it might be slightly worse than he thought it was isn't likely to have made him veto it if he had known, if this didn't get a veto then it is hard to say anything will.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm going to make a bold prediction. He'll sign the next one too.

As soon as Bannon was catapulted, it was over.

You don't sign this bill as a "test", they failed the test when they sent him the bill.
    The only theory that can claim any silver lining is attached to this cloud would be that he cut a deal to get something else in return for signing it, only he can know if he did that or if it was worth it, we must condemn this bill and his action of signing it because we can't know and it is dubious even if true.

This bill didn't get a veto, the fact that it might be slightly worse than he thought it was isn't likely to have made him veto it if he had known, if this didn't get a veto then it is hard to say anything will.
    No, no, what happened was they brought him the bill, he was like wtf is this $#@!, they were like "OH we need to pass this ASAP btw or the govt shuts down..." Then Trump says, "I'm not signing this crap, I heard on the news it included a tunnel from NY to NJ.." So he threatened to veto it, then they said, "Oh, you MUST sign it, it has all this great military stuff in it, don't you like the military? You don't want to shut down the military do you? Think about the vets!! You've gotta sign it!!!!"

Then Trump was probably like, "Alright, well I hope there is nothing else really egregious I should know about in there, is there?"

"Oh no, Mr. President, all completely normal stuff, we promise!!"

Of course Trump didn't have time to read it, but when he finds out they put this stink bomb in there, he will be way more pissed than he was about a tunnel from NY to NJ...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No, no, what happened was they brought him the bill, he was like wtf is this $#@!, they were like "OH we need to pass this ASAP btw or the govt shuts down..." Then Trump says, "I'm not signing this crap, I heard on the news it included a tunnel from NY to NJ.." So he threatened to veto it, then they said, "Oh, you MUST sign it, it has all this great military stuff in it, don't you like the military? You don't want to shut down the military do you? Think about the vets!! You've gotta sign it!!!!"

Then Trump was probably like, "Alright, well I hope there is nothing else really egregious I should know about in there, is there?"

Of course Trump didn't have time to read it, but when he finds out they put this stink bomb in there, he will be way more pissed than he was about a tunnel from NY to NJ...
    Why would you want someone so gullible running the country? Honest question. You're portraying the president as a boob, which is almost as bad as indifferent corruption.

Why would you want someone so gullible running the country? Honest question. You're portraying the president as a boob, which is almost as bad as indifferent corruption.
    He wasn't being gullible. It was a test.

It's amazing for someone who was a fan of Trump so early, you have absolutely no idea how he operates.. but neither does horse face so whatever.

Molyneux did the same thing Trump just did in a debate with a guy on the war on drugs and completely hammered him:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Y-the-Drug-War

He wasn't being gullible.

It's amazing for someone who was a fan of Trump so early, you have absolutely no idea how he operates.. but neither does horse face so whatever.
    we'll see in 6 months. I bet he signs the next gargantuan bill.

So you are saying he thought he could trust them.
    Only a very stable IDIOT would think he could trust them.
    If you are going to have faith in DJTvsg your only option is to hope that he made a deal for something of more value.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump is either:

a) complicit
    b) blackmailed
    c) indifferent

So you are saying he thought he could trust them.
    NO

If you are going to have faith in DJTvsg your only option is to hope that he made a deal for something of more value.
    That isn't what happened, that had nothing to do with my explanation.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast