Thread: Mother posts to FedBook video of her giving her baby a joint to smoke, gets arrested

Exclamation Mother posts to FedBook video of her giving her baby a joint to smoke, gets arrested

Police: Woman Arrested After Facebook Video of Baby Smoking Goes Viral

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...ng-goes-viral/

by KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ22 Mar 2018

A woman has been arrested on Wednesday in Raleigh, North Carolina, and her child taken into protective custody after a Facebook video of the baby smoking went viral, police said.

Authorities arrested Brianna Ashanti Lofton, 20, and charged her with two counts of felony child abuse, marijuana possession, and contributing to delinquency, Fox 46 Charlotte reported.

The ten-second video shows an adult’s hand coming from off-camera appearing to hold a cigarillo to the infant’s lips. The child makes a cooing sound before appearing to inhale and exhale a puff of smoke.

Facebook removed the initial video, but a copy of the video posted by a user urging the police to arrest the mother received 1.5 million views before it also got removed from the social networking site.

Arrest warrants state that the substance the child was smoking was marijuana.

Residents and followers of the Raleigh Police Department’s Facebook page posted the video and comments about the video beginning at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The police department posted later in the afternoon that the woman had been arrested and the child had been taken to a safe place.

“Big thanks to everyone who posted information about the smoking mother and baby,” department officials announced on their Facebook page. “Thanks to your willingness to get involved, the child is now safe and the mother is in police custody.”

The mother is being held at the Wake County Detention Center and the child is in the custody of Wake County Child Protective Services.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Top comment at OP:

Cletus Servetus Hoosiers86 • 10 hours ago
    I halfway understand people doing some stupid things (although not this). Lord knows I've done a few. What I don't understand is their overwhelming desire to put it on social media for all the world to see!

Open diary to the world.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Did it stop the baby from crying?

The government will be insisting that the kid take drugs for ADHD in a couple of years...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did it stop the baby from crying?

The government will be insisting that the kid take drugs for ADHD in a couple of years...
    I thought everybody knew, you stop a baby from crying by giving it a bust in the mouth.