Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got back from the hospital...

Just got back from the hospital...

This time it's not the wife (thanks for that at least) but my Mom. She has very advanced COPD and contracted a minor respiratory infection last Friday. She wound up in the hospital and was recovering from the infection just fine, but her COPD flared up BAD. She was basically incoherent tonight and they aren't positive she'll pull out of it. They're trying everything they can but if her blood gasses don't improve soon they're sending her to ICU. My Dad's with her now and the rest of us are on call. Need to get some sleep now. May need all the energy I can muster tomorrow. Sometimes life sucks.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish you the best possible .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I wish you the best possible .

Thanks so much.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I just said a prayer for your Mom and all of you.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Prayers, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I just said a prayer for your Mom and all of you.

Thank you so much. Getting ready to head back to hospital. She had a rocky night but is hanging in there so far. One day at a time.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Prayers, brother.

Thanks, brother. It's very much appreciated.
    Chris

And the same here as well, prayers and good vibes, hope everything turns out OK.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Praying here.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And the same here as well, prayers and good vibes, hope everything turns out OK.

Thanks man. This whole thing just sucks.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Praying here.

Thank you. I don't know what else to say.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Thank you. I don't know what else to say.
    Mothers are wonderful, but they do have a bad habit of getting old. Just don't know what to do with them sometimes.

Be strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Mothers are wonderful, but they do have a bad habit of getting old. Just don't know what to do with them sometimes.

Be strong.

Thanks, man. I'll do my best.
    Chris

Quick update. I'm at the hospital now and while mom does seem a little stronger she's still having acgreat deal of difficulty breathing. The dr isn't being very positive but the family is all here and we're doing our best to remain hopeful. Time will tell.
    Chris

Quick update. I'm at the hospital now and while mom does seem a little stronger she's still having acgreat deal of difficulty breathing. The dr isn't being very positive but the family is all here and we're doing our best to remain hopeful. Time will tell.
    Best wishes and prayers Chris, it sucks watching your parents get weak.
    "The Patriarch"

Prayers for comfort and positivity. And definitely prayers for healing, please keep this updated ...
    No - No - No - No

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wish I could do more. God bless her, you, and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Best wishes and prayers Chris, it sucks watching your parents get weak.

Yes it sucks. Thanks man. I appreciate it.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Prayers for comfort and positivity. And definitely prayers for healing, please keep this updated ...

Thanks so much. It means a lot.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Wish I could do more. God bless her, you, and your family.

Thank you sincerely. I don't know what else I can say.
    Chris

Well, had a talk with mom's dr a little while ago. The news isn't good. They're basically saying she's sliiping and there's nothing they can do. They're all so glum and matter of fact it's maddening. We aren't giving up, but the mood is pretty gloomy with everyone but dad and myself. Trying like hell to remain positive and expect a miracle.
    Chris

Well, had a talk with mom's dr a little while ago. The news isn't good. They're basically saying she's sliiping and there's nothing they can do. They're all so glum and matter of fact it's maddening. We aren't giving up, but the mood is pretty gloomy with everyone but dad and myself. Trying like hell to remain positive and expect a miracle.
    Never give up hope. My mom is just coming home from her stroke last Christmas. The early prognosis was that she would need a wheel chair from there on out. Now they say she is an inspiration and they have never seen anyone come back as far as she has. She can now walk using a walker with slight balancing assistance. You just never know. Though she is a strong woman, she said at the beginning she had nearly given up. She credits the family's positive reinforcement and love with making her decide to give it all she had. So you just never know what the future brings. More prayers for you and yours.

sending positive vibes your way... hoping for the best possible outcome.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Never give up hope. My mom is just coming home from her stroke last Christmas. The early prognosis was that she would need a wheel chair from there on out. Now they say she is an inspiration and they have never seen anyone come back as far as she has. She can now walk using a walker with slight balancing assistance. You just never know. Though she is a strong woman, she said at the beginning she had nearly given up. She credits the family's positive reinforcement and love with making her decide to give it all she had. So you just never know what the future brings. More prayers for you and yours.

Thanks so much, brother. Dad and I are staying positive and hopeful and expecting a miracle. I know mom has it in her. Hell, she's done the damn near impossible with this already for the last 5 or more years. With a lung function at just 14% capacity she was still running all over town, cooking for dad, living her life as if she was almost normal. Her reg dr was flat out amazed at what she accomplished given her circumstances. She even walked at least a mile every day.

We're definitely not giving up. Thingscmay actually be looking up a little. All of the factors that the dr mentioned as ominous signs began improving immediately after we talked to her. They stopped taking her blood gases since they were convinced that nothing was going to chg, but we'll see about that now. Like Insaid, her respiration, bp and o2 have all improved since then.

Thanks again to all.
    Chris

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    sending positive vibes your way... hoping for the best possible outcome.

Thanks man.
    Chris

Never lose hope. Prayers, IMHO, are the best medicine. Your Mom is still in my prayers.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Never lose hope. Prayers, IMHO, are the best medicine. Your Mom is still in my prayers.

Thank you.
    Chris

Wife and I are positive with you. She’s a nurse and sees people come back from gloomy prospects many times. The human body will fight on in amazing ways as long as the will to live and keep fighting is there.
    No - No - No - No

More karma in the stack.. Prayers for you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    More karma in the stack.. Prayers for you and your family.

Thank you so much.
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast