Thread: NYC - City Councilman to introduce ban on smoking while walking

Exclamation NYC - City Councilman to introduce ban on smoking while walking

NYC considers making walking and smoking illegal

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/nyc-consi...moking-illegal

Posted: Mar 20 2018 11:08PM EDT

Video Posted: Mar 20 2018 11:12PM EDT

Updated: Mar 21 2018 11:53AM EDT

NEW YORK (FOX5NY) - If you don't smoke and you find yourself walking behind someone who does, it can be unpleasant. Now a New York City Councilman wants to do something about it.

"My bill is very simple, no smoking and walking on New York City Sidewalks," said Queens Councilman Peter Koo (Dist. 20).

His bill would make it a misdemeanor to walk while smoking, likely punishable by a fine of $50.

Smokers, already banned from lighting up in public parks among many other places in the city, weren't thrilled at the idea.
    photo

"I'm not standing in one spot, it's not gonna happen," said Ian, a smoker in Flushing. "As I'm walking, it's outside, I'm not blowing it in anyone's faces."

Other smokers questioned how such a law would be enforced and said it would divert much-needed police resources.

Smoking while standing in one spot would still be allowed. While some questioned whether a ban on walking and smoking would infringe on civil liberties, Koo said he's not concerned.

"This bill is not against smoking just don't do both together," Koo said.

He plans to introduce the bill as soon as Wednesday.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How about they simply ban being unhappy and then we can send the snowflakes to jail?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL , retards .

I am just curious what constitutes "walking?" Taking a step to get closer to hear someone talking or walking toward a policeman who told you to "come here?"

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am just curious what constitutes "walking?" Taking a step to get closer to hear someone talking or walking toward a policeman who told you to "come here?"
    Ya don't want to fall for that, it's a trap. Of course, if you tell him, you can't walk, because you're smoking, he'd probably shoot you.

How will this affect people that get around on motorized wheel chairs/scooters?

First they came for the smokers...

... but when they came for me, there was no one left to defend my rights because I demanded they all be thrown in jail for the numerous things that offended me!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.