Thread: Samsung Site Wipes Your Memory So You Can Re-watch TV Shows

Samsung Site Wipes Your Memory So You Can Re-watch TV Shows

Samsung has launched a website promising to wipe your favorite TV series from your memory so you can watch it again seemingly for the first time.
    The creepy concept, known as Unspoil me, was apparently launched in January and is available through the company’s Swedish site.

The technique was developed by certified hypnotists Ulf Sandström and Frederik Praesto, who narrates the video. The 23-minute procedure is a guided hypnosis which tells you to focus on the show you want to erase from your memory, as it shows a hypnotic pattern and walks you through a series of instructions.
    The process is billed as a way to experience all of your favorite shows for the first time using Samsung’s QLED TV.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/mind-contro...atch-tv-shows/

NO THANKS.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wonder if I could do that with your post? Huh...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRo...what?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Does it make you forget all of Trump's campaign promises too?

How about everything you ever learned about the Constitution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I saw a stage hypnotist at the age of 18 and concluded there was no way he could have planted so many people in the audience. The fact that his efforts took hold to different degrees was another tipoff there actually was something to it.

I ordered a book on it, and within a couple months had successfully hypnotized my girlfriend at the time. That sounds super creepy, but one thing everyone needs to know is that you do need a willing participant, and the suggestions generally can't be something the person is fundamentally against. So stopping PMS cramps is possible, but swinging probably isn't. If you have people showing up at a site with the intent of forgetting a show, it will probably work, because they're not being made to do something they don't want. Plus, there's a strong likelihood that the suggestion to forget the show won't last very long (perhaps only as long as it will take to watch the show again), and there is always the possibility of bringing back the memory of watching it the first time.

In other words, this is a clear case of Infowars proudly displaying the fact that they don't know WTF they're talking about.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Does it make you forget all of Trump's campaign promises too?

How about everything you ever learned about the Constitution?

I think those just come naturally to some around here.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/this...ain-unspoiled/

This Website Claims It Can "Erase Your Memories" Of TV Shows So You Can Watch Them Again, Unspoiled

There's nothing quite like watching an amazing TV show for the first time. The second time you watch it, however, you're going in with no surprises and the experience is never as good.

You'll never watch Star Wars again and experience that moment where you realize Luke is a Jedi, or the twist in The Sixth Sense where you find out Bruce Willis is actually a pretty decent actor.

And if you're really desperate to relive all of Game of Thrones' harrowing deaths as if it were the first time, Samsung says it has the website for you.

Unspoil me claims to be able to erase your memories of whatever TV show you feel like forgetting that week.

Before you start the forgetting process, you have to confirm your age and agree to the terms of conditions. This is probably to make you more suggestible, as it looks like something is actually going to work.

The video then plays. Somewhat stereotypically, it starts with a soothing voice asking you to relax and look at a spinning spiral while he counts back from 300.

He then guides you through hypnosis in an attempt to make you forget Prison Break (or a better show of your own choosing).

The hypnotist uses suggestion to try and make you forget the show, asking you to remember how easy it is to forget things.

"Sometimes we forget to remember, it's another thing to remember to forget," he says, soothingly.

"That's an ability we all share. Sometimes we forget a name. Sometimes we forget important things."

After the 23-minute video, the website promises that you will wake up the following morning having forgotten your TV show entirely. Leaving you to watch it again, then come back for more hypnosis. In theory, you could then watch nothing but Breaking Bad for the rest of your life.

So, can it actually work? We're somewhat skeptical and leaning towards the side of "no".

Various aspects of hypnosis have been tested by scientists, and found to be not as wooly as they seem, as this video from ASAP science explains.

However, a whole TV series is a big chunk of your life. It's pretty improbable you are going to forget it, no matter how strong the suggestion is. This is mainly just a (admittedly quite good) marketing gimmick from Samsung.

If you feel like trying it, though, you just need a spare 23 minutes and a nice quiet room. If you'd like to see if you're susceptible to hypnosis, check out this video from mentalist Derren Brown, which makes a smaller claim: That it will force you to stick to your seat, unable to stand up.

If this works, you may be what hypnotists call "highly suggestible", which means it will have more of a chance of working on you.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-21-2018 at 12:48 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What happens when they start wiping your memory to cover up THEIR CRIMES AGAINST YOU?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.