View Poll Results: Do You Use Social Media?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 35.29%
  • No

10 58.82%
  • I don't respond to posts which lack social media icons.

1 5.88%

Thread: Do You Use "Social Media"? ...And, If So, Why?

Do You Use "Social Media"? ...And, If So, Why?

The yoots tell me that forums like RPF are old-fashioned.

All the action's on facebook, twitter, and various other platforms which to me are, and shall always remain, a great mystery.

Vote and comment.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Voted .

FB forums are more akin to the chat here, but not quite. They're alright, but they're not discussion boards. They don't have good archive/search functions and they aren't as organized as a forum like RPFs. That said, they're good for quick and snappy real time debate. Another downside is it's easier for folks to stumble across the forum by keyword search on FB...and you wind up with a bunch of trolls because FB is full of annoying people. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    FB forums are more akin to the chat here, but not quite. They're alright, but they're not discussion boards. They don't have good archive/search functions and they aren't as organized as a forum like RPFs. That said, they're good for quick and snappy real time debate. Another downside is it's easier for folks to stumble across the forum by keyword search on FB...and you wind up with a bunch of trolls because FB is full of annoying people. :P
    From what I gather, it'd be difficult to have an intelligent conversation on any of these platforms.

Even Reddit, the most forum-like of social media platforms (if people even consider it that), has terrible formatting.

"Hey

.....Yea?

...........Words

.....................More Words"

That's absurd.

HTML solved this problem long ago.

I don't know if you classify Yahoo Answers as social media, but it's a great communication tool (hence, "social media"). I'm on it regularly and made a thread about the impact liberty people here can have at that site. Here's the thread.

The great thing about Yahoo Answers is that people ask practical questions, and they will listen to your answer. This is unlike other sites because people often have their mind made up on those other sites. You just end up arguing and wasting your time. Yahoo Answers gives you a direct audience with no debating. Granted, it's often an audience of one person, but it's often one more person than you'd reach elsewhere. It is however, forum style, so other people will read your answer.

I've taken a lot of what I've learned here and share it with individuals and others on Yahoo.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-20-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I'm pretty much addicted to it. I'd like to not be.

Tool using carbon based life form uses tools.

as to why,
    To put my spin on information concerning "me".. and to counter information bias.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 03-20-2018 at 08:20 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I'm pretty much addicted to it. I'd like to not be.
    Why do you think you're addicted to it?

Is it actually pleasurable in some way, or more of a "peer pressure" situation?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Well some of us think they'd just have legumes in them.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Future strange
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Future strange
    I don't follow; is that some kind of fedbook slang?

Speak the English that God gave you.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I don't follow; is that some kind of fedbook slang?

Speak the English that God gave you.
    Strange
    sex

A woman's vagina

strange

A woman with whom a man has not previously had sex with.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Strange
    sex

A woman's vagina

strange

A woman with whom a man has not previously had sex with.

In two generations, we'll be back in the trees.

From what I gather, it'd be difficult to have an intelligent conversation on any of these platforms.

Even Reddit, the most forum-like of social media platforms (if people even consider it that), has terrible formatting.

"Hey

.....Yea?

...........Words

.....................More Words"

That's absurd.

HTML solved this problem long ago.

Exactly. Too disjointed, disorganized and ephemeral for my tastes.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Heh heh; funny, but I think most people do get caught by people telling on them or people telling on themselves. Random, massive collection of data doesn't work, but many will insist the CIA has James Bond powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

In two generations, we'll be back in the trees.

Fear not. Trump will just grab thecdamned trees by the pussy and shake us down out of them again.
    Chris

I don't use any social media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The strange thing about Facebook is it's best tools have nothing to do with real Socializing. For what it's worth, it has the News Feed. It also has things like the Marketplace which is a decent alternative to Craigslist. I mostly used it for following Entertainment News and discussion for new movies coming out or reviews.

Otherwise, I found the whole thing annoying as it tends to brings social groups together that don't normally ever come together especially Friends/Family and Work. In my case, work would be Truck Drivers who often swear freely lol. Also, it wasn't always clear to me who was seeing comments I posted on another person's timeline or page. I replied to an article a friend posted then I see my Mom adding a reply. It's just strange when not being sure what is a conversation versus what is being broadcast to everyone or seeing a notice that this Friend posted such and such on another Friend's page that has nothing to do with me. The whole thing is like a Gossip engine.

Recently after hearing Mark Zuckerberg discussing Facebook as becoming 'Meaningful Interaction' online, the whole this seemed like such a joke I decided it was time to quit.

I do still follow a few people or news sources on Twitter and will go to Reddit if I want my goofy Meme picture fix.

Only if built on Nock.

As this very forum is a form of social media, the poll is an incredibly stupid one.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    As this very forum is a form of social media, the poll is an incredibly stupid one.
    Was my thought as well..

This has been the corner pub for some time.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.