Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Judge rejects Trump bid to dismiss suit from woman alleging sexual advances

Judge rejects Trump bid to dismiss suit from woman alleging sexual advances

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...lawsuit-474026

A New York judge has rejected a bid by President Donald Trump to dismiss a lawsuit relating to his alleged groping of Summer Zervos, a contestant on “The Apprentice,” in 2007.

Lawyers for Trump argued that he was immune from the suit in state court while serving as president, but Judge Jennifer Schechter ruled that there was “absolutely no authority” to justify tossing out litigation over “unofficial conduct.”

“No one is above the law,” Schechter wrote in her 18-page decision. “Nothing in the Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution even suggests that the President cannot be called to account before a state court for wrongful conduct that bears no relationship to any federal executive responsibility.”

The judge also declined an alternative request from Trump’s attorneys that the case be put on hold until he left office.

“There are no compelling reasons for delaying plaintiff’s day in court here,” Schechter wrote.

The ruling raises the possibility that Trump could be ordered to submit to a deposition about his conduct toward Zervos and perhaps other women, as well.

Trump’s lawyer in the case, Marc Kasowitz, signaled on Tuesday that he would fight any such moves.
    More at link.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-20-2018 at 02:56 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

A New York judge has rejected a bid by President Donald Trump to dismiss a lawsuit relating to his alleged groping of Summer Zervos, a contestant on “The Apprentice,” in 2007.

More at link.
    Probably coincidences that this show showed up in WSJ reported poly Q also.

Stormy Daniels polygraph report released

3:36 PM ET, Tue March 20, 2018

The report states that the "probability of deception was measured to be less than 1%." It was given to CNN by Michael Avenatti, Daniels' attorney and contains three pertinent questions: "Around July 2006, did you have vaginal intercourse with Donald Trump?," "Around July 2006, did you have unprotected sex with Donald Trump?" and "Did Trump say you would get on 'The Apprentice?'"
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/polit...ump/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    It’s one thing to have specific objections to stated positions by other members here. It’s another thing to relentlessly bash a particular member for no reason other than that member appeared in a thread.

I feel this is legitimate news and zippy has shared it for the purpose of discussion. Everyone here gets it, you think zippy is the devil, but I, for one, am tired of reading your constant bashing. Your posts vs his (hers?) - His are more substantial in content. I wouldn’t have known about this lawsuit if it wasn’t for the thread. It’s interesting to me. If you can’t stand it, why not just take a break for a bit?
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    It’s one thing to have specific objections to stated positions by other members here. It’s another thing to relentlessly bash a particular member for no reason other than that member appeared in a thread.

I feel this is legitimate news and zippy has shared it for the purpose of discussion. Everyone here gets it, you think zippy is the devil, but I, for one, am tired of reading your constant bashing. Your posts vs his (hers?) - His are more substantial in content. I wouldn’t have known about this lawsuit if it wasn’t for the thread. It’s interesting to me. If you can’t stand it, why not just take a break for a bit?
    Why do you care so much about Donald Trump's penis

It's like the entire left is over Russia and so they are now obsessing over Donald Trump's penis.

Pretty funny.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

It's like the entire left is over Russia and so they are now obsessing over Donald Trump's penis.

Pretty funny.
    So there's a lawsuit about something Trump did--with his hands--a decade ago, and Trump's lawyers try to get out of it by using his office, and it doesn't work.

And dannno pops up talking about Trump's cock. Who's obsessed with Trump's cock again, dannno? Who brought it up?

Lord knows you've done enough groping. How can you possibly not know what the word means?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

LOL. Dude, are you from The Onion?!!

If you're really concerned about bashing, then save it for the person who actually has zero interest in discussion and all the interest in making a few FRNs and disruption for 10 years running.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-20-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So there's a lawsuit about something Trump did--with his hands--a decade ago, and Trump's lawyers try to get out of it by using his office, and it doesn't work.

And dannno pops up talking about Trump's cock. Who's obsessed with Trump's cock again, dannno? Who brought it up?
    Stormy Daniels?

Lord knows you've done enough groping. How can you possibly not know what the word means?
    Why does one grope
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stormy Daniels?
    Oh? What's her user name?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Mmmmmm. Groper.

Oh? What's her user name?
    I don't know, but let's keep arguing about how Donald Trump groping women has nothing to do with the left obsessing over his penis because it is so productive.

Mmmmmm. Groper.

Who's making a few bucks disrupting discussions in which he has no interest, again?

Who's making a few bucks disrupting discussions in which he has no interest, again?

I don't know, but let's keep arguing about how Donald Trump groping women has nothing to do with the left obsessing over his penis because it is so productive.
    Donald Trump groping women has nothing to do with anyone obsessing over his cock--not even cucks like you.

Usually my fingers climb the mountain because they're invited--and because the mountain is there.

If you're going to duck a question with a meme, shouldn't the picture you make a meme of be a duck?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-20-2018 at 03:47 PM.

If you're going to duck a question with a meme, shouldn't the picture you make a meme of be a duck?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Naturally, dannno missed the mark. The sole precedent on this actually involved Slick Willie's willy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...s/pj011297.htm

As I recall, The Right's obsession with that dick cost the nation over forty million bucks.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-20-2018 at 04:16 PM.

How about "Grab 'em by the pumpernickel"

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Zervos’ attorney, Gloria Allred, said, “I am very happy.“

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...you-are-BUSTED!!!!

Naturally, dannno missed the mark. The sole precedent on this actually involved Slick Willie's willy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...s/pj011297.htm

As I recall, The Right's obsession with that dick cost the nation over forty million bucks.
    The Jones suit included the sexual harassment charge. The Zervos suit is only seeking defamation.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Pretty funny.
    Wow how did you even...

Look bro, maybe it’s time you stepped back from the wacky weed man- you have lost touch with reality.

One person in this thread obviously does care about Donald’s Dick, and it’s not me.
    No - No - No - No

LOL. Dude, are you from The Onion?!!

If you're really concerned about bashing, then save it for the person who actually has zero interest in discussion and all the interest in making a few FRNs and disruption for 10 years running.
    You’ve said it a hundred times now. When will you accept that the same 2-300 people read this site. You’ve told everyone how you feel now

I don’t care if he’s a left leaning person. He has valid points that liberty people should learn how to respond to. You can’t win a mind by calling their difference in opinion stupid- you have to come back with a convincing argument to the contrary. I’ve often appreciated the views he brings to the table- of for no other reason than to prevent this place from being a circle jerk.
    No - No - No - No

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow how did you even...

Look bro, maybe it’s time you stepped back from the wacky weed man- you have lost touch with reality.

One person in this thread obviously does care about Donald’s Dick, and it’s not me.
    Did you read the post I was responding to? You were fawning over zippy's article about Trump's penis.

... or for no other reason than to prevent this place from being a circle jerk.
    You and I both remember when this place was influencing people from both 'sides of the aisle', and that the Newsletter Racism manufactured scandal was our biggest headache. So it should be no surprise to you that John Bolton and his neocon crew want this place to be a mere alt-right circle jerk.

Thus thread behavior like this and low-value posts like these.

Did you read the post I was responding to? You were fawning over zippy's article about Trump's penis.
    Reiterating your mistakes makes you appear more stupid, not less.

Of course, I'm sure you would refrain from typing 'penis' if you could.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-21-2018 at 06:35 AM.

You’ve said it a hundred times now. When will you accept that the same 2-300 people read this site. You’ve told everyone how you feel now

I don’t care if he’s a left leaning person. He has valid points that liberty people should learn how to respond to. You can’t win a mind by calling their difference in opinion stupid- you have to come back with a convincing argument to the contrary. I’ve often appreciated the views he brings to the table- of for no other reason than to prevent this place from being a circle jerk.
    Same.
    There is no spoon.

Women waiting until Trump is running for president before trying to cash in ten years after the fact. If they weren't so terribly put out over it ten years ago to file a suit at the time then I'd have thrown their case out.

He is not very good at what he does. There are also plenty of disagreements on the site already.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Women waiting until Trump is running for president before trying to cash in ten years after the fact. If they weren't so terribly put out over it ten years ago to file a suit at the time then I'd have thrown their case out.
    ^ This is a man who is not obsessed with Donald Trump's penis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast