Thread: Liz Cheney Primary Opponent Defends Rand

Liz Cheney Primary Opponent Defends Rand

I have no idea what else this guy stands for, but he's defending Rand and calling out Cheney on torture. Sounds like he's at least worth rooting for:

https://theintercept.com/2018/03/20/...oming-primary/

Cheney’s salvo at Paul drew fire from the lone declared challenger in the GOP primary for Cheney’s at-large Wyoming congressional district. Rod Miller tore into Cheney in a phone interview with The Intercept. He objected both to the incivility of accusing a senator of sympathizing with terrorists, and her advocacy for torture.

“Whether or not you agree or disagree with Rand Paul, he’s a sitting United States senator and he represents the people of his state, and he should be accorded respect and civility due his position in the Senate,” Miller said. “And for Cheney to tee off on him and to accuse him of language like that — in my mind, it’s another step towards what I consider destructive polarization of our political lives today.”

Cheney’s office did not respond to a request for comment.

The people of Wyoming, Miller continued, don’t believe the government should be able to torture people.

“We’re a really red state. We’re crusty, old conservative cowboys and miners, and we’re rough and tough and opinionated, but we are not torturers,” he said. “To have our at-large congresswoman, our only member of the U.S. House of Representatives defend torture indicates to me that she doesn’t know the people of Wyoming as well as I do. Because we’re not the state of torture. Patriots? Yes. Support the military? Yes. But torturers? No.”
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interview with Rod Miller:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.