Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AF Was Right, I was Wrong

AF Was Right, I was Wrong

Last night @Anti Federalist and I had a debate over magazines and clips. I always thought they were called clips, but I was wrong.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Advanced question: what happened to this thumb?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb-660x440.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	5961
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Loading a magazine?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Yes, this is a clip....

Slide rail?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yes, this is a clip....
    Yes, loaded this way and then discarded, usually.

A magazine is meant to be re-loaded and can be either fixed or removable.

A clip loads a magazine, but not the other way around.

When I went to basic, if you said "clip" instead of magazine your prize is 50 pushups.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Last night @Anti Federalist and I had a debate over magazines and clips. I always thought they were called clips, but I was wrong.
    @donnay no worries...like the man said, maybe it's not the biggest deal in the world, but it is wrong to call it clip when it's a magazine, there is an important difference.

Kisses.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

M1 thumb?

Sometimes it is better to defer judgement to your spouse.

If you ever find yourself having a debate over firearms, police, automated cars, government surveillance, people at Walmart or bacon, then just defer to whatever AF says.

If you ever find yourself having a debate over nutrition, wellness, Alex Jones, Donald Trump, home appliances or decor, then he should defer to you.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

M-1 thumb.

though you might have hit it with a hammer missing the nail..

same result
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Slide rail?
    Slide bite is further back.. Base of thumb,,,, generally.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    M1 thumb?

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    M-1 thumb.

though you might have hit it with a hammer missing the nail..

same result
    M1 Thumb it is! Winners!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

M1 Thumb it is! Winners!
    you know if you know
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Loading a magazine?
    Yes.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about those fancy shmancy ghost guns? They have those "magazine clips".
    The feller on the TeeVee said it had ability to disperse with 30 bullets in half a second..., 30 magazine clip in half a second.
    I'm pretty sure he was correct, he was all dressed up and official looking.

And you're listening to some hillbilly out in the middle of the woods for goodness sake.
    Probably can't even shoot very well.

Loading a magazine?
    Sometimes, specifically with an M1 Garand. They call it M1 thumb or Garand thumb. The video posted above gives some good advice. It can happen doing almost anything with a Garand after the bolt is (usually improperly) pulled back and snaps forward on the thumb.

M1 Garand and your Thumb

M1 Thumb has been the center of rifle lore for many decades. For many it instills fear, others dread and for some just sore thumbs. The saying goes that there are two types of M1 Garand shooters. Those that have received their M1 thumb and those that are going to.

It doesn't have to be this way. The root cause of M1 thumb can be traced down to user error. A mechanical failure could happen but 99% of the cases are self inflicted.

For those that have heard of M1 thumb but are unsure what exactly it is, the following description should shed some light on the process. M1 thumb is what the shooter ends up with when the bolt closes at high speed and smashes your thumb into the receiver. The high bolt speed makes this event equivalent to smashing your thumb with a hammer. It's one of those events that you won't forget.
    http://www.garandgear.com/m1-garand-thumb

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Probably can't even shoot very well.
    Probably.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

M1 thumb?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I got dibs on "Miss AF", if ever that happens again. My wife would rot in hell rather than admit she was wrong, to herself, let alone in public, much less on an internet forum...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Sometimes it is better to defer judgement to your spouse.

If you ever find yourself having a debate over firearms, police, automated cars, government surveillance, people at Walmart or bacon, then just defer to whatever AF says.

If you ever find yourself having a debate over nutrition, wellness, Alex Jones, Donald Trump, home appliances or decor, then he should defer to you.
    I just laughed so hard I may have shat myself.

I have to give reps to others before I can give you one but, I just wanted to say that you are a good woman and AF is quite a fortunate man.

His vid and channel intros are entertaining.
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 03-20-2018 at 01:06 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Being "wrong" about something is fine. NEVER EVER feel guilty about having been wrong about anything. It is an opportunity to learn from a mistake, which helps others to learn from their mistakes too. In fact, being "wrong" is more useful than only being "right" because a person understands how other people can make the same mistake, and you know both how to make that mistake and overcome that mistake.

THINKING TEST

A bat and a ball together cost $1.10. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
    (be careful, this IS a trick question)
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Being "wrong" about something is fine. NEVER EVER feel guilty about having been wrong about anything. It is an opportunity to learn from a mistake, which helps others to learn from their mistakes too. In fact, being "wrong" is more useful than only being "right" because a person understands how other people can make the same mistake, and you know both how to make that mistake and overcome that mistake.

THINKING TEST

A bat and a ball together cost $1.10. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

What is the sales tax rate?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What is the sales tax rate?
    No tax rate. All information is included. Its more about Math than expecting hidden fees. Given that information, how much does the ball cost?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

No tax rate. All information is included. Its more about Math than expecting hidden fees. Given that information, how much does the ball cost?

Oh I don't know. An Injun nickel?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Is it a regulation sized baseball?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

With bundle pricing? What's the discount?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast