Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY Dem Rep suggests using 2nd Amendment solution against Trump

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The 2ndA is about the right to keep and bear arms in ALL it's facets INCLUDING PROTECTING YOUR OTHER RIGHTS.
    Again - I disagree your asserting that the 2ndAmend. includes - "in ALL it's facets" - the right to bear arms against the United States President.
    - or is the Dimocrat suggesting a call for state militias to act against the 45th President (?) - jus' want to know the point of the bullsh!t suggestion by the video -and like AF stated in the OP,
    the Dim is already backing down 'cause he looks like another dumb idiot that needs to lose their seat in Congress in November.

Time and time again, courts find that the right to bear arms conferred by the Second Amendment
    is NOT really an individual's right to bear arms - it is through the state's grant to have citizens armed as protection -
    protection to liberty, life, and property and other rights.

Either way, the OP's Dimocrat idea to take down the US President using the 2nd Amendment rights conferred
    to the states works jus' how exactly (?)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-20-2018 at 05:48 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The 2ndA is about the right to keep and bear arms in ALL it's facets INCLUDING PROTECTING YOUR OTHER RIGHTS.
    ... being necessary to the security of a free State

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Don't be so proud of your post - not referring to your video. Don't need to look again.

Second Amendment is not about any individual right to bear arms . . . it is a state rights amendment. Do you understand it yet ?

Seriously? There's actually some one in the so-called "liberty movement" who actually believes this horse$#@!? SMGDH
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The second amendment is not even about arming oneself to overthrow the USA . . . or am I wrong ?
    Either you are wrong or TJ is wrong.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

https://freedomoutpost.com/using-the...ond-amendment/

Using The Third Amendment In Defense Of The Second Amendment

“No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.”

--Third Amendment to the United States Constitution

Most discussions about the Second Amendment don’t involve the Third Amendment. In fact, most people consider the Third Amendment virtually irrelevant.

However, the Third Amendment is the best argument for the Second Amendment. Whereas the Second Amendment can be massaged, the Third cannot. Consider that “the right to bear arms” has been defined ad absurdum. What is an “arm”? What is it to “bear” arms? Who are the “militia” and who are the “people”? What does “infringed” mean?

Oh sure, we know exactly what the Second Amendment means. Concisely, it is the right of the people to defend themselves against tyranny and fascism. An armed society tends to be a more careful society, perhaps even more polite.

But when the anti-gun crowd speaks of the Second Amendment, they cleverly twist it. To them, an “arm” is a musket, because that’s what the framers shot. To them, an “arm” is a six-shooter, because… well, because they say so. To them, to “bear” arms is to hunt. To them, “militia” applies only to military or police. They think themselves quite logical, even brilliant, though our founders say otherwise.

Whether gun controllers are liars or simply uninformed, they are passionate to control, and sometimes they even get away with legislating against certain types of guns. Bill Clinton was able to get gun control legislation passed in 1994.

However, the Third Amendment isn’t so easy to twist or diminish, and the Third Amendment makes a great case for more guns, and more modern weapons. For if a soldier demands to be quartered in your home, how do you respond? To object to the quartering, you can hold up the Constitution as garlic against a vampire. But in that situation your Constitution is likely to be shredded. You might try yelling for help, but where will that get you? You might try calling the police, but will you make it to the telephone?

To uphold the Third Amendment requires enforcement. To enforce your private property rights you will need some firepower. That’s where your right to bear arms comes into play.

For if a soldier demands to be quartered, your objection must have teeth. At such time, a semi-automatic or automatic weapon makes a good deterrent. It will be an unwise soldier who demands rather than requests quartering in that house.

“But,” the anti-gun ninnies bray, “you are no match for a soldier.”

Perhaps, perhaps not. But you are certainly more of a match with a weapon than without a weapon. Even if you “can’t” win against a soldier, weaponry betters your odds. A soldier who won’t take “no” for an answer will likely respect the sound of an AR.

“But,” the anti-gun communists sputter, “a soldier will be wearing armor anyway.”

Well, that makes a good case for ownership of armor-piercing bullets, doesn’t it? To repel a modern soldier requires modern weaponry. The more advanced a soldier’s technology, the more necessity for equal technology!

“But,” the anti-gun Nazis add, “you can’t fight government tanks and bazookas.”

If our government uses tanks on us, the Third Amendment is the least of our worries. Some might argue, “Why not just let the soldier be quartered?”

First, because we don’t have to. The Third Amendment protects our private property rights. Strangers, even soldiers, may be denied access to your home, as it should be. It doesn’t matter if the soldier is rogue or was commanded to take over your house. A homeowner has the right to use force against governmental home invasions. We have a right to defend our homes against our own military.

Yes, our own military, because there’s no need for an Amendment vs. foreign invaders. There is no argument which can defeat this truth.

Now, if someone wants to voluntarily surrender his home, that’s his business. But that doesn’t mean the rest of us have to surrender, unless “prescribed by law.”

“Prescribed by law” means according to a manner agreeable to the people. Therefore, the people themselves shall, by majority, decide how to quarter soldiers.

Second, what if a soldier decides not only to quarter, but also to terrorize? Give an inch, take a mile. If I don’t trust a particular soldier in my house, the Third Amendment gives me space. In reality, it doesn’t matter if you trust or don’t trust any particular soldier. You have a right to refuse any soldier entry to your house, for any reason.

Third, what if you are a peacenik who doesn’t believe in waging war? Isn’t forced quartering trampling on your beliefs? Only the statist, not even the liberal, would say no. But again, you don’t need a reason to refuse a soldier entry to your house. The Third Amendment upholds the right of such refusal.

The Third Amendment therefore also upholds the right to adequate weaponry.

The Second Amendment authorizes arms for the people.

The Third Amendment makes clear that “arms” equals “arms adequate to repel soldiers.” The Third Amendment is a fascinating anti-fascist statement.

Our founders are truly to be admired.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Understanding the 2nd might be difficult through google translate.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    ... being necessary to the security of a free State

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Again - I disagree your asserting that the 2ndAmend. includes - "in ALL it's facets" - the right to bear arms against the United States President.
    - or is the Dimocrat suggesting a call for state militias to act against the 45th President (?) - jus' want to know the point of the bullsh!t suggestion by the video -and like AF stated in the OP,
    the Dim is already backing down 'cause he looks like another dumb idiot that needs to lose their seat in Congress in November.

Time and time again, courts find that the right to bear arms conferred by the Second Amendment
    is NOT really an individual's right to bear arms - it is through the state's grant to have citizens armed as protection -
    protection to liberty, life, and property and other rights.

Either way, the OP's Dimocrat idea to take down the US President using the 2nd Amendment rights conferred
    to the states works jus' how exactly (?)
    The right of THE PEOPLE is PROTECTED, nothing is conferred.
    THE PEOPLE are responsible to secure the free State against enemies foreign and domestic.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There is absolutely no democrat that I have come across that is for the second amendment (in it's original intent) other than making a left-handed remark as this democrat was making at the townhall meeting.

Listen to the video!

The democrats are for gun control, anyone care to point out otherwise?

The kids running around the media circuit from Florida have been exploited by the democrats to make the gun the reason for the tragedy, rather than a mentally ill person the reason for the tragedy.

The democrats NEVER let a tragedy go to waste to push their agenda!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Second Amendment is not about any individual right to bear arms . . . it is a state rights amendment. Do you understand it yet ?
    Wrong. It's an individual right like all the other amendments.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    There is absolutely no democrat that I have come across that is for the second amendment (in it's original intent) other than making a left-handed remark as this democrat was making at the townhall meeting.

Listen to the video!

The democrats are for gun control, anyone care to point out otherwise?

The kids running around the media circuit from Florida have been exploited by the democrats to make the gun the reason for the tragedy, rather than a mentally ill person the reason for the tragedy.

The democrats NEVER let a tragedy go to waste to push their agenda!
    Also, all mass shootings seem to happen in "Gun Free" zones.

My POV is there is not two parties. The Dems & the Repubs shout different words but end up voting in the same kind of freedom loss, no matter who is supposed to "be in charge".
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Wrong. It's an individual right like all the other amendments.
    ^^THIS^^
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Also, all mass shootings seem to happen in "Gun Free" zones.

My POV is there is not two parties. The Dems & the Repubs shout different words but end up voting in the same kind of freedom loss, no matter who is supposed to "be in charge".
    A "Gun Free Zone" was given to us by Democrat Joe Biden.

There are some good Republicans so I will disagree that both parties are bad.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Watch out or tulsa will label you a troll.

Anyone who disagrees with tulsa is a troll

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is there an address where I can donate a Tomahawk and a box of ammo to the dem politicians in NY for NewYexit ??

There are some good dems, as well.

But as a whole, both parties are all part of TPTB.

To quote a favorite line from The Pirates of Penzance:

"Individually I love you all with affection unspeakable. But collectively I look upon you with what amounts to absolute detestation!"
    There is no spoon.

"Individually I love you all with affection unspeakable. But collectively I look upon you with what amounts to absolute detestation!"

They have been infiltrated by the Globalists to do their bidding. In my experience a good democrat either switches to the republican or the independent party.

As a general rule, democrats are anti-gun.

They have been infiltrated by the Globalists to do their bidding. In my experience a good democrat either switches to the republican or the independent party.

As a general rule, democrats are anti-gun.
    Who's got the majority right now?
    There is no spoon.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who's got the majority right now?
    Republicans. One of the other reasons I am all for term limits. No more career politicians.

Would you like me to name the RINOs?

Lindsey Graham, Jeff Flake, Mitch McConnell, Susan Collins, Bob Corker, Paul Ryan, Lamar Alexander, Thad Cochran, John McCain, Lisa Murkowski, John Cornyn...

The Democrats are trying to load up with ex-CIA candidates for mid-term elections.

Deep Blue State: Democrats fielding unprecedented number of ex-CIA candidates
    https://www.rt.com/usa/420894-democr...ates-midterms/

Republicans. One of the other reasons I am all for term limits. No more career politicians.

Would you like me to name the RINOs?

Lindsey Graham, Jeff Flake, Mitch McConnell, Susan Collins, Bob Corker, Paul Ryan, Lamar Alexander, Thad Cochran, John McCain, Lisa Murkowski, John Cornyn...

The Democrats are trying to load up with ex-CIA candidates for mid-term elections.

Deep Blue State: Democrats fielding unprecedented number of ex-CIA candidates
    https://www.rt.com/usa/420894-democr...ates-midterms/
    I know the obvious RINOS- but behind the curtain, I see only one party- the two party stuff is a deception. JMHPOV.
    There is no spoon.

There aren't ANY "good" Dem politicians.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12