Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY Dem Rep suggests using 2nd Amendment solution against Trump

Exclamation NY Dem Rep suggests using 2nd Amendment solution against Trump

Of course, he started walking it back almost immediately.

This is a shame, because he is right.

Trump is acting outside the bounds of the constitution, just like Obama, and just like Bush, and just like Clinton and so on and so on and so on.

The regulatory state rules us, at the beck and call of the executive branch, without any representation, outside all constitutional restraints, and daily violating the Bill of Rights in a hundred ways.

The last president to even recognize this was JFK, and we all know what the "deep state" did to him.

Maybe this could be a teaching moment...maybe.

Suozzi Suggests Using the ‘Second Amendment’ on Trump

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...mendment-trump

Democratic rep’s campaign forwarded a quote from Thomas Jefferson to ‘take arms’ against rulers

Posted Mar 19, 2018 8:06 AM

Rep. Tom Suozzi, D-N.Y., suggested people take up arms against President Donald Trump. (Bill Clark/CQ Roll Call file photo)

Democratic Rep. Tom Suozzi suggested at a town hall that President Donald Trump’s opponents could take up arms against the president.

The New York Democrat was speaking at an event in Huntington, New York, last week and said it was important to put pressure on the president, in a video obtained by the New York Post.

“This is where the Second Amendment comes in, quite frankly,” Suozzi said. “Because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

In response, someone in the audience asked what the Second Amendment entails.

“The Second Amendment is the right to bear arms,” he said.

National Republican Congressional Committee spokesman Chris Martin said the video was “incredibly disturbing.”

“It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,” Martin said.

Suozzi's campaign forwarded a line from Thomas Jefferson advocating for such.

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms,” the quote reads.

But his adviser Kim Devlin denied he was advocating for armed insurrection.

"Taking a page from such great Americans as Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and Alexander Hamilton, Congressman Suozzi explained why our founding fathers created the 2nd amendment as a way for citizens to fight back against a tyrannical government that does not follow the rule of law," he said. "To suggest his comments meant anything else or that he was advocating for an armed insurrection against the existing president is both irresponsible and ridiculous."

Suozzi’s remarks are similar to when former Nevada Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle said in 2010 people should look to “Second Amendment remedies” if Congress continued to misbehave.

Similarly, in the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump suggested said that if his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton nominated a Supreme Court Justice that that gun rights advocates could be powerless.

“Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know,” he said at the time.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just when you think they don't understand they prove that they do.

Just not for you.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

This is a shame, because he is right.

Trump is acting outside the bounds of the constitution, just like Obama, and just like Bush, and just like Clinton and so on and so on and so on.

The regulatory state rules us, at the beck and call of the executive branch, without any representation, outside all constitutional restraints, and daily violating the Bill of Rights in a hundred ways.

The last president to even recognize this was JFK, and we all know what the "deep state" did to him.

Maybe this could be a teaching moment...maybe.

Suozzi Suggests Using the ‘Second Amendment’ on Trump

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...mendment-trump

Democratic rep’s campaign forwarded a quote from Thomas Jefferson to ‘take arms’ against rulers

Posted Mar 19, 2018 8:06 AM

Rep. Tom Suozzi, D-N.Y., suggested people take up arms against President Donald Trump. (Bill Clark/CQ Roll Call file photo)

Democratic Rep. Tom Suozzi suggested at a town hall that President Donald Trump’s opponents could take up arms against the president.

The New York Democrat was speaking at an event in Huntington, New York, last week and said it was important to put pressure on the president, in a video obtained by the New York Post.

“This is where the Second Amendment comes in, quite frankly,” Suozzi said. “Because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

In response, someone in the audience asked what the Second Amendment entails.

“The Second Amendment is the right to bear arms,” he said.

National Republican Congressional Committee spokesman Chris Martin said the video was “incredibly disturbing.”

“It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,” Martin said.

Suozzi's campaign forwarded a line from Thomas Jefferson advocating for such.

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms,” the quote reads.

But his adviser Kim Devlin denied he was advocating for armed insurrection.

"Taking a page from such great Americans as Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and Alexander Hamilton, Congressman Suozzi explained why our founding fathers created the 2nd amendment as a way for citizens to fight back against a tyrannical government that does not follow the rule of law," he said. "To suggest his comments meant anything else or that he was advocating for an armed insurrection against the existing president is both irresponsible and ridiculous."

Suozzi’s remarks are similar to when former Nevada Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle said in 2010 people should look to “Second Amendment remedies” if Congress continued to misbehave.

Similarly, in the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump suggested said that if his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton nominated a Supreme Court Justice that that gun rights advocates could be powerless.

“Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know,” he said at the time.
    The most important thing to remember in such a hypothetical situation is that unless you are ready for a full scale revolution to control the outcome then the replacement and the reaction might be worse.

Leftists always resort to violence but they never consider the consequences.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The most important thing to remember in such a hypothetical situation is that unless you are ready for a full scale revolution to control the outcome then the replacement and the reaction might be worse.

Leftists always resort to violence but they never consider the consequences.
    I'm hoping that someday, people will realize that yours the only outcome, when you have a nation so deeply split, each side heavily armed, and each side absolutely loathing the other side.

Maybe then we can back away from the abyss, have a peaceful secession, and each go our own ways.

I'm hoping that someday, people will realize that yours the only outcome, when you have a nation so deeply split, each side heavily armed, and each side absolutely loathing the other side.

Maybe then we can back away from the abyss, have a peaceful secession, and each go our own ways.
    CALExit gives me hope, we need to be ready with a "let them go!" movement to keep our side from playing Lincoln though.

My worry is that just before their communist paradises collapse they will start a war to steal from us to support their insanity anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    CALExit gives me hope, we need to be ready with a "let them go!" movement to keep our side from playing Lincoln though.

My worry is that just before their communist paradises collapse they will start a war to steal from us to support their insanity anyway.
    Sooner or later they will be demanding a bailout... and they will get it from the federal government regardless of political parties or anything else. Damn shame. I say let them fail.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Just when you think they don't understand they prove that they do.

Just not for you.
    So they do understand what the 2nd's for. They've just made the State so friggin yuuuge a militia can't check it. On purpose... who'da thunk?

Start a war or worse yet, a genocide.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    So they do understand what the 2nd's for. They've just made the State so friggin yuuuge a militia can't check it. On purpose... who'da thunk?
    We could "check it" tomorrow, if we had the stones to do it.

The highest estimate of Taliban/ISIS/Bin Laden fighters in the field are around 30,000.

30,000 guys in sandals carrying beat up AK47s have got us hemmed up in the Middle East for how many years now?

There are an estimated 100 million gun owners in the US (there are probably a great deal more, but we'll go with that lowball PC number).

If just one percent of those are willing to fight that's guerrilla army of a million people.

Thumbs up

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

SHOCK VIDEO: Democrat Congressman Suggests Taking Up Arms To Resist POTUS Trump

by Joshua Caplan

In what is the latest instance of violent rhetoric from Democrats, Rep. Tom Suozzi (D-NY) suggested to audience members during a speech in Huntington, New York last week that they may have to bear arms to oppose President Trump.

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi told the audience.

“This is where the Second Amendment comes in, quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

“What’s the Second Amendment?” one audience member then asked.

“The Second Amendment is the right to bear arms,” Suozzi replied.

In a statement to the media, Kim Devlin, an advisor to the Congressman, said his comments were taken out of context.

However, Republicans were not amused.

“This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the president of the United States,” Chris Martin of the National Republican Campaign Committee said.
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Report: Democrat Rep. Suggests Taking Up Arms Against President Trump

by AWR HAWKINS 19 Mar 2018

Rep. Tom Suozzi (D-NY) reportedly took time during a Huntington, New York, speech to suggest that people should take up arms against President Trump.
    Roll Call reports the Suozzi talked of putting pressure on Trump, saying, “This is where the Second Amendment comes in, quite frankly. Because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

An audience member responded by asking the essence of the Second Amendment and Suozzi said, “The Second Amendment is the right to bear arms.”

According to the New York Post, nervousness was evident among attendees. National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin said, “This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the president of the United States.”

The Suozzi campaign responded to the criticism by rejecting claims that he was suggesting “armed insurrection.” At the same time, they forwarded a statement from Thomas Jefferson, which said, “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

The highest estimate of Taliban/ISIS/Bin Laden fighters in the field are around 30,000.

30,000 guys in sandals carrying beat up AK47s have got us hemmed up in the Middle East for how many years now?

There are an estimated 100 million gun owners in the US (there are probably a great deal more, but we'll go with that lowball PC number).

If just one percent of those are willing to fight that's guerrilla army of a million people.
    Years, yes. Years of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Remember when that crazy Adam Kokesh had that bat-$#@! insane idea for a hundred thousand to march into D.C. armed? I do. And I'd have joined it. Still would. If it is ever organized I will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Remember when that crazy Adam Kokesh had that bat-$#@! insane idea for a hundred thousand to march into D.C. armed? I do. And I'd have joined it. Still would. If it is ever organized I will be there.
    So would I.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So would I.
    Never happen. Too many too paranoid and still think they've got something to lose. Hell, if you could even get 10k to do it I'd join in. But, I doubt you could get even that.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Never happen. Too many too paranoid and still think they've got something to lose. Hell, if you could even get 10k to do it I'd join in. But, I doubt you could get even that.
    Yup, I know...

The dinner table argument tonight was, "there was never any talk like this before Trump!"

Trump Just The Latest On Hard Right To Call For ‘2nd Amendment Remedies’

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/tru...people-context

By Tierney Sneed | August 11, 2016 6:00 am

Donald Trump’s remark Tuesday that “the Second Amendment people” might take out a President Hillary Clinton to stop her from appointing liberal Supreme Court justices fits a now-familiar pattern: Trump takes an idea that has been simmering at the fringes of the hard right and shouts it from his platform as the GOP presidential nominee.

His campaign disputed the interpretation that the remark, delivered in Trump’s typical off-the-cuff style, was some sort of call-to-arms or that it alluded to assassination. But scholars who study gun rhetoric in political discourse, as well as gun safety advocates at the front lines of the gun control debate, placed his comment in the context of a long lineage of language pitting gun holders as the last defense against a tyrannical government.

“In anti-government circles, and even in hate group circles, where this idea of ‘Second Amendment remedies’ is not a joke, who knows how that is going to be perceived,” said Ryan Lenz, the editor of Southern Poverty Law Center’s Hatewatch blog.

“In reality, in the past, we’ve seen it being perceived as a sizable influx of support and validation for ideologies that, up until this campaign, had no place in mainstream political discourse,” Lenz told TPM.

Trump is no stranger to the gun debate and has hit on hot button issues such as eliminating gun-free zones and suggesting that victims of gun violence would have been able to defend themselves had they been armed. His Tuesday remark came after his usual stump-speech warnings about the type of anti-gun judges he says Clinton would appoint if she was elected.

“If she gets to pick her judges,” Trump said, “nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is.”

Some, including House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI), have tried to brush off the GOP nominee’s comment as a joke, albeit one that didn’t quite land. Trump has described even his own popularity in violent terms: “I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters,” he said at a rally in January.

Those around Trump have also invoked gun violence as a response to his Democratic rival. Al Baldasaro, a Trump advisor and New Hampshire legislator, said last month that Clinton “should be put in the firing line and shot for treason” —a comment Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks said the campaign “disagreed” with even as she thanked Baldasaro for his “support.”

This time around, the campaign’s defense of Trump’s “Second Amendment people” line has been all over the place. Some allies say he meant that gun rights supporters would stop Clinton with their votes, others claim he was referring to the formidable lobbying power of the NRA, while some surrogates blamed the line on Trump’s “inarticulate” manner of speaking.

But, like the language Trump has deployed to discuss immigration, “rigged” elections and Muslims, his rhetoric around Clinton and the Second Amendment wasn’t born in a vacuum. Trump is perhaps the most prominent of a series of conservative politicians who’ve toyed with the idea that gun owners may need to resort to violence against an oppressive government.

In 2010, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) posted on social media “Don’t Retreat, Instead – RELOAD!” while pointing to a list of Obamacare-supporting lawmakers.

During her 2014 campaign, freshman Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) said she believed in her right to carry guns to defend herself “whether it’s from an intruder, or whether it’s from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important.”

Failed 2010 Senate candidate Sharron Angle (R-NV) warned that “if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies.”

And Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s (D-FL) congressional challenger in 2009, Republican Robert Lowry, shot at a human-shaped gun range target with Wasserman Schultz’s initials written on it.

Brett Lunceford, a former professor who has researched the political discourse around guns, said these sort of remarks and actions feed into a belief that “the Second Amendment was put in place to overthrow the government if need be.”

“[Trump’s] throwing a bone to that mythology, that, if the government is tyrannical, ‘Well you guys are the ones that can do something about it,’” Lunceford told TPM. “There’s this idea that they’re the ones that can stop tyranny. It’s not about self defense, it’s about defense from the government.”

Gun control advocates say that purveyors of such language take their cues directly from gun industry lobbying groups. Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, pointed to NRA Board member Ted Nugent—who has said President Obama, Hillary Clinton and other Democrats should “suck on my machine gun”—and to Gun Owners of America executive director Larry Pratt, who in June said voters may “resort to the bullet box” if they don’t like Supreme Court decisions.

“We have seen the radicalized behavior of the NRA leadership, also impact lawmakers and other gun extremists to speak in rhetoric that is dangerous,” Watts said. “The Second Amendment is not a suicide pact. It’s not a manual for vigilante justice.”

For victims of gun violence themselves, Trump’s comment had a very specific and acute connotation.

“Responsible, stable individuals won’t take Trump’s rhetoric to its literal end, but his words may provide a magnet for those seeking infamy. They may provide inspiration or permission for those bent on bloodshed,” former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-AZ) said in a statement with her husband, Mark Giffords.

Giffords was shot in the head in 2011 in an assassination attempt while meeting with constituents in Tucson.

“What political leaders say matters to their followers. When candidates descend into coarseness and insult, our politics follow suit. When they affirm violence, we should fear that violence will follow,” Giffords said in the statement.

Now, that being said, the Bolshevik left was much more violent in the 1960s and 1970s.

So all that's happening now is a swing back, after multiple politically motivated assassination attempts and so on.

This can be settled in number of ways:

A - The vast muddled middle that stands for nothing and just wants to get back to their burger and ball game rises up and puts the brakes on all of it, leaving us a hollwoed out shell, like much of Europe.

B - Internal war breaks out, violent bloody and utterly destructive, leaving a fascist or communist regime in its wake.

C - Peaceful secession finally sinks in as the only logical solution, and the nation breaks apart.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    [ stupid video]
    The second amendment is not even about arming oneself to overthrow the USA . . . or am I wrong ?

The dinner table argument tonight was, "there was never any talk like this before Trump!"
    “If she gets to pick her judges,” Trump said, “nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is.”

In 2010, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) posted on social media “Don’t Retreat, Instead – RELOAD!” while pointing to a list of Obamacare-supporting lawmakers.

During her 2014 campaign, freshman Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) said she believed in her right to carry guns to defend herself “whether it’s from an intruder, or whether it’s from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important.”

Last edited by Jan2017; 03-19-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    The second amendment is not even about arming oneself to overthrow the USA . . . or am I wrong ?

Yes you're wrong, there's nothing about overthrowing the USA in the video I posted. Look again.

We the people are the USA, not prez Trump. It's not at all likely that we'd ever want to overthrow ourselves.

Jan2017

Yes you're wrong, there's nothing about overthrowing the USA in the video I posted. Look again.
    Don't be so proud of your post - not referring to your video. Don't need to look again.

SHOCK VIDEO: Democrat Congressman Suggests Taking Up Arms To Resist POTUS Trump

by Joshua Caplan

In what is the latest instance of violent rhetoric from Democrats, Rep. Tom Suozzi (D-NY) suggested to audience members during a speech in Huntington, New York last week that they may have to bear arms to oppose President Trump.
    Second Amendment is not about any individual right to bear arms . . . it is a state rights amendment. Do you understand it yet ?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-20-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Jan2017

Didn't say that proud fool - THE Second Amendment - again talking about the Second Amendment (not YOU)

Please try to understand the Second Amendment before posting stupid Dim or child opinions are offered - (Please - you'll look smarter.)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-19-2018 at 11:13 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The powers of the sword - Tench Coxe

Didn't say that proud fool - THE Second Amendment - again talking about the Second Amendment (not YOU)

Please try to understand the Second Amendment before posting stupid Dim or child opinions are offered - (Please - you'll look smarter.)
    Tench Coxe

The power of the sword, say the minority..., is in the hands of Congress. My friends and countrymen, it is not so, for The powers of the sword are in the hands of the yeomanry of America from sixteen to sixty. The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords and every terrible implement of the soldier are the birthright of Americans.

Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Jan2017

Tench Coxe

The power of the sword, say the minority..., is in the hands of Congress. My friends and countrymen, it is not so, for The powers of the sword are in the hands of the yeomanry of America from sixteen to sixty. The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords and every terrible implement of the soldier are the birthright of Americans.

Great stuff - really. but the case law of the Second Amendment since 1788 is not what most think.

Basically, I'd say what the Second Amendment does - is give the state jurisdiction to decide
    whether a 13+1 magazine clip is ok for me in CO . . . but not legal in CA - that is where we're at.

The 2nd Amendment confers a state "militia" - including the arming of private citizens - as a state authority/function - imho.

Last edited by Jan2017; 03-20-2018 at 12:21 AM.

Tench Coxe

The militia in the 2nd Amendment is referring to all local men, in whatever city/county/state etc, 14 & up, to be able to be armed & protect their community from dangers, including a government gone wrong.
    There is no spoon.

Jan2017

Ya' see . . . the second amendment is nothing about your posted video - why post bullsh!t (?) Jus' wonderin'

Jan2017

NY Dem Rep suggests using 2nd Amendment solution against Trump

Again . . .

Again . . .
    The 2ndA is about the right to keep and bear arms in ALL it's facets INCLUDING PROTECTING YOUR OTHER RIGHTS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast