Thread: Shocking! Food Stamp Fraud Rings Busted in Jacksonville

Shocking! Food Stamp Fraud Rings Busted in Jacksonville

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...ium%3Dsharebar

198 ensnared in Jacksonville food stamp fraud totaling $3.7M

Sheriff Mike Williams announced Tuesday the results of a multi-agency, undercover investigation into the exchange of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits for cash and, in at least one case, cocaine.

From 2012 to 2017, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office detectives, working with federal and state agencies, documented more than 22,000 fraudulent transactions involving $3.7 million in taxpayer money.
    Investigators said those with SNAP/EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) cards would give their PIN number to the buyer, and that money would then be deposited into their accounts.

Williams said, in most cases, the food-stamp recipient received 50 cents per $1 of SNAP benefit used. Each transaction was recorded.

The operation originally focused on operators of brick-and-mortar stores, but investigators learned that many of the perpetrators became mobile business -- such as meat, seafood and produce vendors -- so they could apply to the U.S Department of Agriculture to accept SNAP benefits. Williams said they sold very little merchandise, as most of their volume was exchanging SNAP benefits for cash.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shelters you have to stay in.
    Kitchens you have to eat at.
    Job training you have to show up for.

That is how welfare should be structured. Passing out any fungible asset is going to be gamed.

I did it when I was a kid. A lady staying with us had food stamps. Me and my brothers would buy penny candy from the dollar store using $1 food stamps. We'd then pool the change together and rent NES games with the money.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Met an ex-judge down in Florida that drove a Jag and wore tie-dye. He and a friend bought a dozen convenience stores after he retired. Back then he was giving 25 cent on the dollar.

Jacksonville . Probably while they are at it some medicare fraud there too

Very shocking. I cannot believe it.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Looks like Danke could have been buying me more drinks .

And this is just in one city in Florida. Can you imagine the fraud in a place like Chicago?

This post is racist, where all da white folks?
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This post is racist, where all da white folks?
    Working.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Working.
    Another store.

there is always another store
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom