Thread: Time is here.

Time is here.

As I read and see and hear the rhetoric of those we may conversationally label as "the left", it becomes clearer with each passing day that America is nigh upon what may be its most critical nexus to date, one possible result standing to see the dismantling of the last hope for humanity to escape global, technologically-enabled servitude of a nature and completeness never before experienced.

It is not my purpose here to make melodramatic noises or to exaggerate. I am merely stating that which I see with seemingly ever greater clarity. While it is always possible that the differences between the deeply fractured patches of the American quilt might peaceably reknit themselves without bloodshed or anyone being forced to lay down their rights at the feet of others, I cannot see the likelihood of this as anything better than vanishingly small.

This, then, leaves Americans with what appears to be a stark choice: lay down in capitulation to the demands of the "left", or stand intransigently for liberty.

Perhaps the noises issuing from high school students across the land are just the latest passing fad du jour, soon to be replaced by the next once the venting has let off the excess pressure of the understandable emotions that result from such tragic events as a school shooting. Perhaps it is misperception, but something in this latest spate of wildly irrational responses, driven by emotionalism gone wholly amok seems different. Let us hope it is I who am mis-measuring the significance and determination of the calls and callers for more "gun control". But what if it is not?

Where do you stand? What will you do if Congress acts to violate our singularly most important Constitutional protection, the right to keep and bear arms? Will you pledge your life, fortune, and sacred honor for the sake of your posterity, or will you give in to the criminal edicts of men devoid of the least authority to do so, just because they take a vote?

I would recommend to all who proclaim their love of freedom to take the time, as much as may be necessary, in a place of comfort and solitude and with whatever poison may suit them such that they relax and rest at ease.

Finding yourself in a cool, rational, and REAL headspace, think and consider with great circumspection and perspicacity what choosing each option means not in terms of your own life, but those of your great grandchildren five or more generations hence.

If we lay down for this deepest of all trespasses, humanity's ability to live freely will have come to its ignominious end at long last and the tyrants will have won, each of us having sold his bloodline into a deep future of serfdom that may, for all practical purposes, stand in perpetuity. Once this coup is achieved, do not expect that those in real power across the face of this world will take any chances with the security of their hard-won positions as global despots. Consider the implications of that.

For those who fight, death, maiming, or other ruin stand as very real prospects, for combat in any physical form is inherently nonlinear, which is to say, unpredictable. Do you have the courage to face such dangers? Is the future of your bloodline worth the risk of losing everything for the sake of its future?

Nobody can answer for you. Be very clear and honest with yourself about what the choices mean for the long term quality of life that will extend long into a future that you will never know. Are you willing to risk all for the sake of not selling your kin into bondage?

The choice is yours, and it seems nigh, with evasion out of the question, for any refusal to choose is the choice through default to doom your posterity to mere existences as cogs: fungible, expendable, and to be replaced at the first indication of trouble.

What do you want? Do you really want it enough to fight for it?

I pray for the courage and good sense of enough Americans to withstand what I feel is likely to be the coming onslaught.

May you find the good path and may liberty survive.

Last edited by osan; 03-17-2018 at 07:47 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A video with 37 views is not a reason to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    A video with 37 views is not a reason to panic.
    For one thing, nobody's panicking - at least not in this neck of the wood.

Secondly, you may have missed the deeper point: some wet-behind-the-ears crybaby high school sissy was set up before what appears to have been a sizable crowd (note APPEARS), replete with sound equipment and a fallacy-riddled speech on the Capitol steps, with a delivery that seems a mite too polished. Someone funded this, and it was clearly staged at some expense, indicating non-trivial commitment, with the media are showing theirs by giving this know-nothing candyboy airtime. That should have your attention, however fleeting, rather than casual dismissal. No need to panic, but taking note is probably the right thing to do.

Thirdly, this is not the only example of such events. I have seen accounts of this sort of thing, students protesting and whinging for "gun control", in many places. It is as if a new fad has broken out, but will it pass as fads tend, or will this somehow gain traction, as if by oddly coincidental magic?

Is it your contention that we, the people, have not been intentionally painted into this corner? The apparent timbre of your response could be taken to imply it. I would seek clarification.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    For one thing, nobody's panicking - at least not in this neck of the wood.

Secondly, you may have missed the deeper point: some wet-behind-the-ears crybaby high school sissy was set up before what appears to have been a sizable crowd (note APPEARS), replete with sound equipment and a fallacy-riddled speech on the Capitol steps, with a delivery that seems a mite too polished. Someone funded this, and it was clearly staged at some expense, indicating non-trivial commitment, with the media are showing theirs by giving this know-nothing candyboy airtime. That should have your attention, however fleeting, rather than casual dismissal. No need to panic, but taking note is probably the right thing to do.

Thirdly, this is not the only example of such events. I have seen accounts of this sort of thing, students protesting and whinging for "gun control", in many places. It is as if a new fad has broken out, but will it pass as fads tend, or will this somehow gain traction, as if by oddly coincidental magic?

Is it your contention that we, the people, have not been intentionally painted into this corner? The apparent timbre of your response could be taken to imply it. I would seek clarification.
    It is great to know panic has not taken hold of the mind of the great osan. I don't think anybody has been painted into a corner despite what the theatrics may imply. The end is not near.

Is it that expensive to rent such equipment or get speakers from a local DJ?

It is great to know panic has not taken hold of the mind of the great osan. I don't think anybody has been painted into a corner despite what the theatrics may imply. The end is not near.
    I don't spend enough time here to determine whether you're a contrarian, a troll, or an infiltrator. I honestly don't give a $#@! either way.

But if this is what you managed to outwardly gather from osan's 2 posts ITT, we can confidently regard you to be little more than a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I don't spend enough time here to determine whether you're a contrarian, a troll, or an infiltrator. I honestly don't give a $#@! either way.

But if this is what you managed to outwardly gather from osan's 2 posts ITT, we can confidently regard you to be little more than a dumbass.
    Thank you. Coming from you, this sounds like an endorsement. How's the weather on the troll farm?

If one is what one accuses literally everyone else of being, then we know what he is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If one is what one accuses literally everyone else of being, then we know what he is...
    Apologies for criticizing a very successful group of people. How many sock accounts does Zippy have?

Thank you. Coming from you, this sounds like an endorsement. How's the weather on the troll farm?
    Ooh. Got me. *shrug*

I don't think anybody has been painted into a corner despite what the theatrics may imply.
    I think we're all in a corner.

The end is not near.
    The end is always near. Predatory tyranny pretty well guarantees it.

Should I buy silver?

I think we're all in a corner.

The end IS always near. A week without electricity and city dwellers become cave-men. And then as they run out of resources they exodus.

You prepare as best you can. It really does come down to the smallest denominator. Neighbors with similar values. Start with that. Then expand out. I met a guy today that was in his spare truck and didn't have a jack to change a flat. I grabbed mine and in the course of conversation it seems we are like spirits politically and "prepper" like. He lives less than a mile from me and I never met him. Got his name and number and look forward to inviting him and his wife out for some BBQ.

We are only 7 meals from Revolution!

When the people go hungry, they will revolt if they begin to starve. Society breaks down. It does so because we have no other choice but to revert in order to survive.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

[/QUOTE]

Maryland student Matthew Post:

"We refuse to learn in fear. We reject turning our schools into prisons. We will accept nothing less than comprehensive gun control."

It's only a matter time before the Matthew Post's of the world put The Onion out of business.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I pray for the courage and good sense of enough Americans to withstand what I feel is likely to be the coming onslaught.
    My assessment is that there are so few left of us who understand - and cherish - human freedom that within a generation or two those who still hold to it will be considered little more than "cute" reminders of a failed notion, not to be feared but to be tended to with a pat on the head, like Confederates pensioners in the 1930's. Freedom as we hold it will be an anachronism.

I hate to be a downer, but that's what I see when I look out across the landscape, and toward the horizon.

The State is so good at putting itself in front of people that even many so-called "libertarians" reflexively look first to it to address a "problem", or an "issue". The State is a cancer, not only in the sense that it is a terminal condition, but that it naturally spreads and feeds on its host. It's like a Remora which does not eventually overwhelm the host... it actually becomes the host. That is probably the worst aspect of democracy, as I think about it - people see themselves as the State, and their egos refuse to see that it is ever the problem. Yes, people will rebel against a ruler they see as separate from themselves, but they'll never rebel against themselves.

Well. On that happy note, it's off to the liquor cabinet.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hate to be a downer, but that's what I see when I look out across the landscape, and toward the horizon.
    Maybe just a reflection of your state of mind?

Well. On that happy note, it's off to the liquor cabinet.
    Have you tried seeking help?

Maybe just a reflection of your state of mind?
    Yeah, maybe.

Why don't you tell us why I'm off-base, instead of being a dick?

We all eagerly await your insight. Really. Honestly. Since you've joined, actually. Something other than Trump-sucking.

Yeah, maybe.

Why don't you tell us why I'm off-base, instead of being a dick?

We all eagerly await your insight. Really. Honestly. Since you've joined, actually. Something other than Trump-sucking.

Or pointless polls.

Or threads calling out virtually everyone not onboard the Trump Train as "trolls."

Or endless, cryptic, one or two line posts that are usually so ambiguous as to be meaningless.

But hey, to each his own.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Or pointless polls.
    The only "pointless" poll is the one that does not have enough options.

Plenty of options means plenty of points.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Or pointless polls.

Or threads calling out virtually everyone not onboard the Trump Train as "trolls."

Or endless, cryptic, one or two line posts that are usually so ambiguous as to be meaningless.

But hey, to each his own.
    Been owing you rep for a while now. Will get around to it.

This forum has been co-opted by Trumpsters since 2016, from what I've seen. I'm not around enough to know or care just who are the offenders, but this guy is certainly on the radar. I'll say that there are things that the Don has done that I'm on board with - first and foremost would be the tax cut, and if he manages to conjure up further cuts, I'll give him credit again. But the absurdity that he's some sort of liberty oriented President is to argue facts not in evidence, so far as I can see... and I'd be happy to be proven wrong about that. But I'm turning blue waiting for that evidence, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    It's only a matter time before the Matthew Post's of the world put The Onion out of business.
    That is an outstanding observation.

Sad and scary as all hell, but outstanding nonetheless.

I owe you some rep Osan. Every post in this thread by you nails it.

I am not panicked, but like you, I think the Rubicon may very well have been crossed, and your advise to seriously consider where we are, where we are heading, and what we each are willing to do to either support or change the path we are on is quite simply, required of us.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. We haven't lived up to that, and it seems that for the lapse, we must now pay with significant interest what could have in the past been maintained with no significant cost but with some simple diligence.

There are some solid folks here. I am sure there are also agents provocateur, and probably plenty of other unsavory types, who monitor and report on discussions here. So I am not going to suggest any action beyond serious consideration of our situation.

Best of luck to the white hats - I'm sure most everyone on all sides has convinced themselves that they ARE the good guys - even Zippy, as difficult as that is to contemplate.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates