Thread: FBI at site where Civil War gold rumored to be buried

FBI at site where Civil War gold rumored to be buried

A 155-year-old legend about buried federal gold appears to have caught the attention of the FBI.
    Dozens of FBI agents, along with Pennsylvania state officials and members of a treasure-hunting group, trekked this week to a remote site where local lore has it that a Civil War gold shipment was lost or hidden during the 1863 Battle of Gettysburg.
    The treasure-hunting group Finders Keepers has long insisted it found the gold buried in a state forest at Dents Run, about 135 miles (217 kilometers) northeast of Pittsburgh, but said the state wouldn’t allow it to dig.
    The FBI has refused to say why it was at the site Tuesday, revealing only that it was conducting court-authorized law enforcement activity. Finders Keepers owner Dennis Parada said Friday he’s under FBI orders not to talk.

More at: https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...-to-be-buried/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Racist
    Yankee.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yankee.
    How dare you sir.

That gold is racist and should be destroyed or melted down and used for retirement gift watches for congress members.

They're probably digging it up for McCabe and the DNC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    How dare you sir.

That gold is racist and should be destroyed or melted down and used for retirement gift watches for congress members.
    It should be given to someone impartial to hold ( me ) .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I thought you were partial to gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I thought you were partial to gold.
    I can pretend that I have no interest .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FBI come up empty at Dents Run . That is probably because it was never there . ( WTAJ tv )
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-20-2018 at 04:22 PM.

FBI come up empty at Dents Run . That is probably because it was never there . ( WTAJ tv )
    Tuco Ramirez and Angel Eyes bat them by over a hundred years.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Tuco Ramirez and Angel Eyes bat them by over a hundred years.
    Yes , the FBI is just wasting taxpayer dollars . If they were serious about gold they would have contacted Tuco or I .

Yes , the FBI is just wasting taxpayer dollars . If they were serious about gold they would have contacted Tuco or I .
    Hmm. Danke says you are no-Good.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Hmm. Danke says you are no-Good.
    Danke is a barbarian that eats lutefisk and is not married . His judgement is impaired . He grew up in a world where he was taught daylight saving time and frozen dinners were going to improve his life . When he was little he may have ingested lead paint chips , crayons and Elmers glue .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-20-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Danke is a barbarian that eats lutefisk and is not married . His judgement is impaired . He grew up in a world where he was taught daylight saving time and frozen dinners were going to improve his life . When he was little he may have ingested lead paint chips , crayons and Elmers glue .
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Jan2017

Honestly . . . Gold and FBI needs a mod's forum move, eh ? U.S. Politics ? . . . jus' sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    They're probably digging it up for McCabe and the DNC.
    Consolidate all "assets" (and let Brennan and Clapper do damage control)
    and donate them to Mccabe's GoFund . . . I mean GoDefenseOfSedition Fund -
    Rybicki is facing serious time as a co-conspirator - I think he left the country. Freeze his passport please, Mr. Sessions!

McCabe House Intel Committee testimony gonna rat out co-conspirator Rosenstein ?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-30-2018 at 03:05 PM.

I agree.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Paradas spent five years digging in a cave on state land and two more years drilling atop the cave before going to the FBI in January with their evidence.
    Last March, feeling quite certain they had found the treasure’s hiding place, the Paradas led the FBI to the spot.
    They showed agents how their sophisticated metal detector went crazy when aimed at the spot where they believed the gold was hidden.
    Within a month, the FBI had hired an outside firm to conduct an underground scan using a device called a gravimeter. The scan identified a large metallic mass with the density of gold, according to the Paradas and Warren Getler, an author and journalist who’s been working with them, reports the Associated Press.
    The Paradas and Getler said the FBI agreed to let them observe the excavation, but then confined them to their car so they were unable to watch the digging.
    At the end of the excavation, the FBI led the father-son duo to an empty hole, writes the AP:
    They gazed at the pit. Not so much as a glimmer of gold dust, let alone the tons of precious metal they said an FBI contractor’s instruments had detected.
    “We were embarrassed,” Dennis Parada told The Associated Press in his first interview since the well-publicized dig last winter. “They walk us in, and they make us look like dummies. Like we messed up.”
    But is the FBI being truthful?
    Local residents reported seeing late-night excavation work and FBI convoys, leading to suspicions the agency is hiding something.

Now, the Paradas are challenging the FBI’s account of the dig, insisting that something had to have been buried in those woods, as Kem told the AP:
    After my years of experience here using equipment, there was something here, something here of value, some kind of precious metal. And whatever it is, it’s gone now. And that’s what I want to get to the bottom of, is what was in that hole.
    Naturally, the feds aren’t saying much about the dig, other than claiming they found nothing and adding that the agency’s work there was related to an “ongoing investigation.”
    An FBI spokeswoman told the AP that court documents related to the dig are sealed.
    “You can only dig the gold up once, and that’s a historical moment. And here we were robbed of all that,” Dennis Parada said. “I don’t understand why they played that game on us.”
    “There was definitely some kind of precious metal based on the readings of the instruments at the site,” Cluck said. “The fact they wouldn’t let them be there for the dig, it’s suspicious as hell and it doesn’t have to be.”
    In May, Bill Cluck, the Paradas’ lawyer, filed a Freedom of Information Act request for documents on the FBI’s investigation. The agency claimed it has no files it can share, so Cluck appealed to Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey for help. A few weeks ago, the Justice Department ordered the FBI to do a more thorough review. If the bureau determines there are documents it can turn over after all, it could still take months or years to reach that point.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...th-250-million

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment