Thread: Trump finalizing opioid plan that includes death penalty for drug dealers

Exclamation Trump finalizing opioid plan that includes death penalty for drug dealers

He's coming to NH to stump for this?

Oh god no, please, don't...$#@!'s sake this guy.

Trump finalizing opioid plan that includes death penalty for drug dealers: Report

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...dealers-report

by Katelyn Caralle | March 15, 2018 02:50 PM

The Trump administration's plan to fight the opioid addiction crisis is in the last stages of finalization, and is expected to include a push for the death penalty for drug dealers in certain situations.

The administration will call for the death penalty as an option in “certain cases where opioid, including Fentanyl-related, drug dealing and trafficking are directly responsible for death,” Politico reported, citing language circulating the White House the past week.

The plan has been making its way around political appointees this month and could be released as soon as Monday when President Trump visits New Hampshire, which has been hit heavily by the epidemic.

“For the first time since the campaign, the President and First Lady will be traveling to New Hampshire on Monday to further enforce the administration’s commitment to combatting the opioid crisis," said Lindsay Walters, deputy White House press secretary, in a statement to the Washington Examiner.

Trump’s ambitious plan worries some advocates because it could prove too costly. Public health care advocates and law enforcement officials often don’t see eye to eye when it comes to how to handle the opioid crisis, causing more internal conflict as the White House tries to finalize the plan.

“There is a lot of internal dissension between the health folks and the enforcement folks,” said an official involved in the process.

The plan would also make it easier to invoke mandatory minimum for sentencing drug traffickers who knowingly are distributing illegal opioids that can be lethal.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    He's coming to NH to stump for this?

Oh god no, please, don't...$#@!'s sake this guy.

I toldya so..

The administration will call for the death penalty as an option in “certain cases where opioid, including Fentanyl-related, drug dealing and trafficking are directly responsible for death,” Politico reported, citing language circulating the White House the past week.
    How would the free market handle a situation where a company knowingly mis-represented their product that caused massive amounts of deaths? Probably not the death penalty, but I'm guessing there could be some murder charges.

I don't support the death penalty at all tho. Not to mention the fentanyl problem is caused by the war on drugs.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What is the model that Trump is looking to now? A Muslim nation? Singapore?

Corporal punishment should be considered too. Why not?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Does that mean they'll be executing CIA operatives and their superiors now?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What is the model that Trump is looking to now? A Muslim nation? Singapore?

Corporal punishment should be considered too. Why not?
    Phillipines, right?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

It's sad. I am responsible for managing a program aimed at reducing opioid misuse in my area, so this hits home.

Shame what OxyContin, the FDA, and a horrible campaign by Perdue Pharma based on complete lies ultimately led to.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Does that mean they'll be executing CIA operatives and their superiors now?
    Sure, and then we all get reparations from the federal reserve for the dollar being devalued.
    "The Patriarch"

Does that include drug manufactures, their CEOs, people that transport the drugs, the pharmacists that dispense them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    It's sad. I am responsible for managing a program aimed at reducing opioid misuse in my area, so this hits home.

Shame what OxyContin, the FDA, and a horrible campaign by Perdue Pharma based on complete lies ultimately led to.
    @Nirvikalpa

Hi Nirva, nice to see you.

Care to expand on the Perdue Pharma angle from your perspective?

Thanks.

He thinks China is a good model to emulate:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6600887
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Sure, and then we all get reparations from the federal reserve for the dollar being devalued.

Where do I sign up?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

@Nirvikalpa

Hi Nirva, nice to see you.

Care to expand on the Perdue Pharma angle from your perspective?

Thanks.
    When OxyContin first hit the market in 1996, Perdue published that "delayed absorption as provided by OxyContin tablets, is believed to reduce the abuse liability of a drug.” That was literally OxyContin's tag line and a mass-marketing campaign around it began. Doctors began prescribing it for moderate, chronic pain, when before opioids were primarily used for cancer patients and post-surgical for acute pain. Unfortunately, Perdue never did any type of clinical trial to show it was less likely to be abused or less likely to become a dependence for those who were prescribed it.

There was a lot of shady communication between the FDA and Perdue the first years that OxyContin hit the market.

This is a wonderful article on it: https://www.marketplace.org/2017/12/...in-hour/opioid

My favorite part:

Former FDA medical officer Curtis Wright, who led the FDA’s review of OxyContin, testified that he also does not remember who wrote it, but said, "the label makes an extremely weak statement about a class of drugs.” Two years after leaving the FDA, Wright took a job at Purdue.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Once trump kills all the dopers who will be left on RPF's ?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Once trump kills all the dopers who will be left on RPF's ?
    Just me, it will be lonely.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

#metoo
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    #metoo
    At least one of us will have someone intelligent to talk to.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Tell Danke I am sorry , I had no idea they were going to try and kill him .

When and how did you slip him some peyote?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Swordsmyth, just ignore the Injun scalper.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Swordsmyth, just ignore the Injun scalper.
    How many Injuns did you scalp?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How many Injuns did you scalp?

classified
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    When OxyContin first hit the market in 1996, Perdue published that "delayed absorption as provided by OxyContin tablets, is believed to reduce the abuse liability of a drug.” That was literally OxyContin's tag line and a mass-marketing campaign around it began. Doctors began prescribing it for moderate, chronic pain, when before opioids were primarily used for cancer patients and post-surgical for acute pain. Unfortunately, Perdue never did any type of clinical trial to show it was less likely to be abused or less likely to become a dependence for those who were prescribed it.

There was a lot of shady communication between the FDA and Perdue the first years that OxyContin hit the market.

This is a wonderful article on it: https://www.marketplace.org/2017/12/...in-hour/opioid

My favorite part:
    Thanks for that
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson