Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kids demand end to gun violence

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    They are winning.
    Yup, all it took was a liberal democrat NYC businessman masquerading as a conservative GOP populist.

And there you have it.

The only single outright ban on a whole class of firearms was also signed into law by a ex-democrat GOP president.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yup, all it took was a liberal democrat NYC businessman masquerading as a conservative GOP populist.

And there you have it.

The only single outright ban on a whole class of firearms was also signed into law by a ex-democrat GOP president.

Hey, Just because this is looking more and more like what happened from the late 80s to about 2000, not to worry. It's all part of the Grand Scheme, Trump's Genius Master Plan (TM). We're perfectly safe. I've read it repeatedly right here on RPF.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

With the exception of the West Nickel Mines incident where the milkman killed 5 Amish girls and wounded 5 others, I can’t really think of a single school shooting where the perpetrator was not a student or former student. If kids want to stop gun violence, they need to start with themselves and their own schools.

There have been instances where the shooters were adults, but they shot other adults, not students. In high schools, middle schools, and elementary schools, almost all the shooting was done by kids. Sandy Hook might be the exception there.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    With the exception of the West Nickel Mines incident where the milkman killed 5 Amish girls and wounded 5 others, I can’t really think of a single school shooting where the perpetrator was not a student or former student. If kids want to stop gun violence, they need to start with themselves and their own schools.

There have been instances where the shooters were adults, but they shot other adults, not students. In high schools, middle schools, and elementary schools, almost all the shooting was done by kids. Sandy Hook might be the exception there.
    The very worst school massacre was carried out by a disgruntled and suicidal government employee/elected bureaucrat named Andrew Kehoe in 1927.

And he didn't use a gun.

38 elementary aged kids died and six adults died when he blew up the Bath Township Consolidated school in Michigan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

The very worst school massacre was carried out by a disgruntled and suicidal government employee/elected bureaucrat named Andrew Kehoe in 1927.

And he didn't use a gun.

38 elementary aged kids died and six adults died when he blew up the Bath Township Consolidated school in Michigan.

Just wanted to say that this is very useful information to have. Thanks for posting it.

I'd +rep you if I could.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Maybe they should be asking for an end to our 17 year long war?
    They probably do not even know we are in a war.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

And he didn't use a gun.

If you go back 300 years you will find a lot of violence in schools, but please understand the kids protesting today are not talking about that. They are talking about what happened in Douglas high school last month. And if they want to do something about it, they need to look in the mirror.
    #NashvilleStrong

[/QUOTE]
    LOL

Assistant picks up the next show-n-tell gun and kids be like, "Put it down! Put it down!!!"
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Just wanted to say that this is very useful information to have. Thanks for posting it.

I'd +rep you if I could.
    I covered you and gave him a + rep.

- ML

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you go back 300 years you will find a lot of violence in schools, but please understand the kids protesting today are not talking about that. They are talking about what happened in Douglas high school last month. And if they want to do something about it, they need to look in the mirror.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree with you.

I just took the opportunity to post some history.

People younger than 30 in the US are no more liberal on gun control than their parents or grandparents, polls show. They tend to differ by 1% or so, statistically not significant.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

And he didn't use a gun.

Kurwa! Fascinating!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Principal at Tennessee school holds "do over."

Tennessee students’ first walkout was chaos. The school tried again the next day.

Students at a high school outside of Nashville, Tenn., knew the chaotic videos from their Wednesday walkout didn’t exactly show the student body in the best light.

Some Antioch High School students jumped on a cop car Wednesday during what was supposed to be a peaceful demonstration for action on gun laws, according to police. Others tugged down an American flag. There were even multiple fights, the school district said, and about 20 students are now facing disciplinary action, the Tennessean reports.

“This was probably toward the middle of the walkout. Everything was going fine, until it started to get rowdy,” Fares Ali, a senior at the high school, told McClatchy. “There were a handful of students who just made the wrong choices.

So on Thursday, about 100 students decided to try again: They walked out a second time, WSMV reports.

Students took the flag that had been torn down and raised it back up, the TV station reports. The school’s band played the national anthem as the flag was raised. The students also had 17 minutes of silence on Thursday in honor of the 17 students who were killed during a school shooting in Parkland, Fla., a month ago — the deadly event that inspired thousands and thousands of students to walkout across the country on Wednesday.

Antioch’s principal planned the Thursday event, WSMV reports. Only some of the student body was allowed to attend.
    http://www.kentucky.com/news/nation-...205385109.html

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Some really smart kids there.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Please note nobody points a finger at the film or music industries that promote gun violence with every production. Nobody's bringing their CDs or DVDs to burn. Kids immerse themselves in pop culture and expect someone else to clean up the mess.
    #NashvilleStrong

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, holy $#@!, I am out.

My irony circuit breaker has now officially been blown to hell.

Please note nobody points a finger at the film or music industries that promote gun violence with every production. Nobody's bringing their CDs or DVDs to burn. Kids immerse themselves in pop culture and expect someone else to clean up the mess.
    That much is true, but needs to be kept in mind is that these things are a very rare occurrence.

Agreed. That's crazy.

- ML

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Is that Hogg in the background? Is he staring at her ass?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Nor should anyone be pointing the finger there, ever.

The responsibility for these heinous crimes should always be placed squarely upon the shoulders of the people who commit them. Period. Full stop. If someone has manipulated the shooter into committing his atrocities, then certainly they share some of the responsibility too. But it ends there.

The gun is not responsible

The movies the guy watched are not responsible.

The CDs he listened to are not responsible.

The video games he played are not responsible.

The criminal(s) is/are responsible. No one or nothing else.
    Chris

Nor should anyone be pointing the finger there, ever.

The responsibility for these heinous crimes should always be placed squarely upon the shoulders of the people who commit them. Period. Full stop. If someone has manipulated the shooter into committing his atrocities, then certainly they share some of the responsibility too. But it ends there.

The gun is not responsible

The movies the guy watched are not responsible.

The CDs he listened to are not responsible.

The video games he played are not responsible.

The criminal(s) is/are responsible. No one or nothing else.
    Could an SSRI be responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    People younger than 30 in the US are no more liberal on gun control than their parents or grandparents, polls show. They tend to differ by 1% or so, statistically not significant.
    Good post!

Also long time no see

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could an SSRI be responsible?

Could beer be responsible if the shooter was drunk?

Or drugs if he was stoned?

Both have been known to cause certain people to act out violently. We don't hold the alcohol or the drugs responsible.

Only people can be responsible for actions. If an SSRI is causing someone to act violently, then it seems to me there are only 2 possible responsible parties, either the person who took it or the person who prescribed it.

You start placing moral responsibility upon inanimate objects, you're doing exactly the same thing that the gun grabbers do, and you've lost the debate.
    Chris

Could beer be responsible if the shooter was drunk?

Or drugs if he was stoned?

Both have been known to cause certain people to act out violently. We don't hold the alcohol or the drugs responsible.

Only people can be responsible for actions. If an SSRI is causing someone to act violently, then it seems to me there are only 2 possible responsible parties, either the person who took it or the person who prescribed it.

You start placing moral responsibility upon inanimate objects, you're doing exactly the same thing that the gun grabbers do, and you've lost the debate.
    Fair enough. Thanks for your point of view.

Fair enough. Thanks for your point of view.

Hey, it was an excellent question that deserved an answer. I did the best I could. Thanks for asking it.
    Chris

Hey, it was an excellent question that deserved an answer. I did the best I could. Thanks for asking it.
    What if someone was coerced to drink the beer by a parent or doctor? Can they be held partially responsible?

Nm, you addressed that.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast