Thread: Tucker Carlson Men in Crisis Series on Automation, China Trade, Immigration, Low Wages

Tucker Carlson Men in Crisis Series on Automation, China Trade, Immigration, Low Wages

What Do Low Wages, Immigration And Self-Driving Cars Have In Common? Tucker Continues ‘American Men Are In Crisis’ Series
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/14/tu...y-immigration/
    Tucker Carlson, a founder of The Daily Caller, pointed to how, historically, low wages among men have resulted in the fracturing of the nuclear family before diving into how these problems have only been exacerbated as “unintended consequences” of immigration policy and technological advances.

“Washington isn’t worried at all about this,” he stated. “Lawmakers and business leaders assure us those truck drivers will be just fine. They’ll find something else to do, something better, with higher pay. Maybe they will. But keep in mind that they said the same thing about manufacturing jobs thirty years ago.”
    Americans who’ve dropped out of the workforce. About seven million American men between the ages 25 to 54 no longer have jobs. That’s more than 10 percent of the entire prime-age male labor force in the United States. It’s a huge number. Most of those men, studies predict, will never return to work.
    What happened? Some of the causes are well known. Competition from foreign manufacturers crushed our country’s industrial sector. China’s entry into the WTO alone destroyed more than two million American jobs. Automation is killing many more. A disproportionate number of these jobs are in traditionally male industries. Manufacturing. Agriculture. Logging. A 2016 McKinsey report found that quote, “90 percent of what welders, cutters, solderers, and brazers do” could be replaced by robots.
    Part of the reason for that is mass immigration. More than a million new immigrants enter the U.S. every year legally. A large but unknown number come illegally. Most of them are low-skilled. All of them are looking for work.

These new arrivals compete primarily with the very Americans most likely to have lost their jobs. The effect is lower wages. It’s a matter of supply and demand. An over-abundance of anything makes it cheaper, and that goes for labor.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fake news, the financial crisis was created by government intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Fake news, the financial crisis was created by government intervention.
    Including Chinese government intervention.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The Chinese control the FED lol! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    That's not what I said.
    "Including" means there is more than one item on the list.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's not what I said.
    "Including" means there is more than one item on the list.
    I think there a lots of winners in this economy, I don't think China is picking the winners or the losers.

Find me something else to do. I'm sick of truck driving.

Being lazy, entitled, and unskilled had no impact on employment, I'm sure (not that they all are, so save me the hysterics).

What's to blame? Failed government schools? Failed government monetary policy? A loose moral code promulgated by the social planners? Regulatory agents banning this and propping up that?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As well, let's not let Carlson's stunning journalistic work, "Pimping for Paul," be forgotten.

I wonder if he has yet repented for selling his soul?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I was taught that a defining characteristic of being a man was not bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    As well, let's not let Carlson's stunning journalistic work, "Pimping for Paul," be forgotten.

I wonder if he has yet repented for selling his soul?
    Over 10 years ago. The Paul's reunited with him after that for Tea Party events and have been guests of his repeatedly since. Rand only two days ago did a long interview with him to promote Auditing the Fed, but you would rather we trash positive media relationships they have to spread their message over something that happened 10 years ago?

Last edited by kahless; 03-14-2018 at 10:05 PM.

American Laws — Not Chinese Ones — Make American Industry Less Competitive

03/13/2018 Justin Murray

Much has been said about the proposed steel and aluminum tariffs proposed by President Trump. It will likely usher in a trade war the US is ill-equipped to fight. Tariffs are just another tax. In general, tariffs are an all-around bad idea.

However, the underlying message of the tariff is it is put in place to protect employment. The message goes, steel producers deal with unfair practices abroad and, as such, need to have tariffs added to “level the playing field”. This certainly sounds appealing on the surface. Americans love fair play and equal application of rules. The problem is: if the playing field is tilted to the detriment of Americans, it is not due to the actions of foreign competition. The real culprit to the lack of American competitiveness is the American government that is proposing imposing tariffs.

If we step back and understand what competitiveness really is, the concept boils down to being able to produce a product at a particular quality for the best price. All else held equal, the best price always wins. The United States is certainly competitive on the global market. Despite the rhetoric, the US is currently the second largest exporter in the world behind China. The US has a major international presence in computer technology, automobiles, manufactured goods and pharmaceuticals. There is certainly a great deal of competitiveness in the US. If the US was somehow disadvantaged by foreign subsidy, it would be difficult to, say, export $109 billion in automotive products each year.

The problem with US competitiveness doesn’t come from the presence of foreign competition but from internal issues. The issue arises with the regulatory State, which currently burdens the US economy with around $2 trillion in dead weight costs. There are two ways we can look at this:

There are approximately 133 million people employed in the productive economy (156 million employed less 23 million employed in the public sector). This $2 trillion represents an additional per employee burden of $15,000.

If the government were to fully take on all regulatory functions in-house, it would require an additional, universal income tax of 13% to avoid taking on additional debt.

However, since regulations are generally paid for by the business sector, which generated $225 billion last year on estimated profits of $8 trillion, would require an across the board, no deductions allowed corporate tax hike of 25%.

In other words, government regulations are an effective business tax of 25% or personal income tax of 13%. Regulations are just a method that the government is able to impose programs without having to carry the cost on the official books. Since the government isn’t directly collecting the money, it doesn’t get formally registered as a tax and politicians can avoid the uncomfortable discussion with taxpayers when each new rule comes with a new tax hike.

The real question is, how more competitive would US Steel be if they were not protected by tariffs, but absolved of their $15,000 per head average regulatory imposition? The company currently employs 28,900 people. Regulatory reduction would potentially reduce the cost to the company by an estimated $433 million if using the head-count methodology. This goes a lot further than the whopping 500 people the company plans to hire as a result of business shift due to tariffs, or an opportunity cost of $866,000 for each new position added to the company. US Steel could hypothetically use that $433 million to expand employment by 4,300 people paid $100,000 a year or cut prices on steel products by $28 per ton and still maintain the same $341 million net income reported in fiscal year 2017 or shifted their 2015 and 2016 operating losses into operating profits, assuming sales don’t increase related to falling prices.

And this is just isolated to the steel industry. Imagine what Ford, with 202,000 employees, would be seeing in savings. If the same, admittedly not perfect, estimate held, Ford could shed $3 billion in extraneous regulatory costs, which would result in the ability of the company to cut the cost of each of their 2.4 million vehicles sold by $1,250, instead of listening to pundits try and justify a price increase.

Since it’s objectively better to cut regulatory burden to improve American competitiveness and, thus, more employment, why are tariffs still being discussed? A key reason is that the government tends to follow a tax cut with a tax increase elsewhere. When a Republican is in office, this usually manifests as increasing a tax but refusing to call it a tax. Reagan, the tax cutting champion, rolled back nearly all the tax cuts from 1981 in the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 by referring to them as “closing loopholes” and again in 1983 when Social Security taxes were increased, but referred to as “insurance premiums”. But, of course, he was so not happy about it, you guys.

What better way to convince the public to happily accept a 25% sales tax hike on steel products and a 10% sales tax hike on aluminum products? Just call them job saving tariffs. The government can raise your taxes and pretend they’re the champion of the little guy all at the same time. The government needs to make up for the corporate tax rate decrease it just passed, so expect more taxes beyond steel and aluminum tariffs to manifest. Just don’t expect them to be called taxes.

Justin Murray received his MBA in 2014 from the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland.
    https://mises.org/wire/american-laws...ss-competitive

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Over 10 years ago. The Paul's forgot it and reunited with him after that for Tea Party events and have been guests of his repeatedly since. Rand only two days ago did a long interview with him to promote Auditing the Fed, but you would rather we trash positive media relationships they have to spread their message over something that happened 10 years ago?

He'd rather kill the messenger than debate the message, ironic coming from the side that has the CFR in agreement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Paul's reunited with him after that for Tea Party events and have been guests of his repeatedly since
    Rand does long interviews with Snowball: doesn't make Snowball any less a sack of $#@!, or mean that Rand thinks he's anything but the same.

You keep acting like we don't understand that our government is part of the problem, we agree, we just know that there are other factors involved.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are spamming the thread since you are unable to defend the end result of globalist policies you support while mocking Americans effected by it.
    Nobody even knows the difference between affecting something and having an effect.

Must be China's fault!

He'd rather kill the messenger than debate the message, ironic coming from the side that has the CFR in agreement.
    Debate the message? Has anyone talked about the message? All I've seen is someone blame China for a thing the Fed did. That's not debate, that's comedy.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-14-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Rand does long interviews with Snowball: doesn't make Snowball any less a sack of $#@!, or mean that Rand thinks he's anything but the same.
    Maybe you should spend some time here: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rlson+Ron+paul

Nothing but positive comments from Tucker on the Pauls and many interviews with Ron and Rand, So how does that make him a sack of $#@!? Because he is speaking out against your beloved globalist policies?

The Paul's must be annoyed at the grammar of those talking about the Pauls..

Maybe you should spend some time here: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rlson+Ron+paul
    Use you're/r words

Nothing but positive comments from Tucker on the Pauls and many interviews with Ron and Rand, So how does that make him a sack of $#@!? Because he is speaking out against your beloved globalist policies?
    He's always been a fair weather friend, and now he's a Trump shill.

P.S. I might add, he's not an idiot, so he can't plead ignorance. He can only plead $$$.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-14-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Over 10 years ago. The Paul's forgot it and reunited with him after that for Tea Party events and have been guests of his repeatedly since. Rand only two days ago did a long interview with him to promote Auditing the Fed, but you would rather we trash positive media relationships they have to spread their message over something that happened 10 years ago?

I asked if he had repented.

I appreciate a lot of what he has been saying lately but I don't so much as have cable. If it isn't posted here or a few other sites I'm not seeing it.

Yes, he could have grown since ten years ago. In fact I'm sure of it. But had he not joined the bandwagon to slander Dr. Paul and Ron Paul was elected (a lot of ifs) this country would be in a better place. By how much? That is arguable.

Truth is, I don't forget flipping channel to channel to channel to watch them slander and pander and ruin Dr. Paul's campaign.

The point? He wasn't this 'brave' and outspoken when it mattered. Now he roasts a snowflake or two and while it's entertaining sometimes, has he admitted to being a $#@! and apologized?

Ron Paul and Rand Paul go on many shows whose moderators have disrespected and set back the cause of liberty. It is to further get the message out. Doesn't mean I'll forget the sell-souls for their actions.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 03-14-2018 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Typo

You keep acting like we don't understand that our government is part of the problem, we agree, we just know that there are other factors involved.
    The AFL CIO? UAW?

Or something else?

American Laws — Not Chinese Ones — Make American Industry Less Competitive
    https://mises.org/wire/american-laws...ss-competitive
    /thread

You two can neg rep people until the second coming, but the China can only do what it does to the U.S. because the U.S. continues to shoot itself in the foot.

I hear a lot about the current administration reducing the rate of growth of federal regulations. But if people had gotten behind Rand Paul in the primaries, instead of Spamming the Orange God, Rand could have taken the chain saw to that code by now.

So take your neg reps and shove them, turncoats. No wonder you love Carlson. Birds of that feather turncoat together.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-14-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

The AFL CIO? UAW?

Or something else?
    Those are good, gosh darn patriotic American leeches organizations, no?

I feel better already.

At least it's a red, white, and blue trouser slapping my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    /thread

You two can neg rep people until the second coming, but the China can only do what it does to the U.S. because the U.S. continues to shoot itself in the foot.

I hear a lot about the current administration reducing the rate of growth of federal regulations. But if people had gotten behind Rand Paul in the primaries, instead of Spamming the Orange God, Rand could have taken the chain saw to that code by now.

So take your neg reps and shove them, turncoats. No wonder you love Carlson. Birds of that feather turncoat together.
    I don't neg people for legitimate differences of opinion, nickers was out of line with flooding the thread with petty mockery posts with no substance.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Those are good, gosh darn patriotic American leeches organizations, no?

I feel better already.

At least it's a red, white, and blue trouser slapping my ass.
    Unions are on my enemies list but just because you can point to other factors involved doesn't mean that China's trade war policies haven't done damage.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unions are on my enemies list but just because you can point to other factors involved doesn't mean that China's trade war policies haven't done damage.
    If our government wasn't destroying itself from within China would be getting poorer by destroying its own economy, it would collapse. The truth is China is and has been where crooked government programs like the Iraq war laundered its black money because they will trade with anyone, and money goes where its welcome. You are a tool of the federal reserve if you are promoting the idea that its, Damn it China.

Richard Trumka approves this message.

...enemy of one's enemy is generally questionable reasoning, but bolshevik labor unions are always the enemy.

Over 10 years ago. The Paul's reunited with him after that for Tea Party events and have been guests of his repeatedly since. Rand only two days ago did a long interview with him to promote Auditing the Fed, but you would rather we trash positive media relationships they have to spread their message over something that happened 10 years ago?
    Ron Paul also picked him to M.C. the "Rally for the Republic."

"On September 2, 2008, Carlson participated in Ron Paul's Campaign for LibertyRally for the Republic in Minneapolis, as the first speaker to introduce the rally and also acted as the MC by introducing nearly every guest speaker."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.