Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sessions Fires FBI’s Disgraced Andrew McCabe Before He Can Officially Retire

Sessions Fires FBI’s Disgraced Andrew McCabe Before He Can Officially Retire

[Mod edit: McCabe has been fired.]

Sessions Poised to Fire FBI’s Disgraced Andrew McCabe Before He Can Officially Retire
    https://truepundit.com/sessions-pois...cially-retire/

NYT
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/u...tics&smtyp=cur

Mr. Sessions is the final arbiter of Mr. McCabe’s dismissal, shortly before his retirement takes effect Sunday.
    Though no decision has been made, people inside the Justice Department expect him to be fired before Friday,
    a decision that would jeopardize his pension as a 21-year F.B.I. veteran.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-17-2018 at 12:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    YES!!!!!!!

We need to see a lot more than this but this is the first sign that Sessions is even aware of the issue.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

"Former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe to meet today w/ staff of Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein as final appeal in his poss firing, says person familiar. Decision rests w/ AG Sessions." tweeted Wilber:
    Former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe to meet today w/ staff of Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein as final appeal in his poss firing, says person familiar. Decision rests w/ AG Sessions. devping...story from last night on latest twist in saga: https://t.co/DrWoUS9O1X
    — Del Quentin Wilber (@DelWilber) March 15, 2018
    Shortly thereafter, Fox News confirmed:
    *BREAKING* Fox News has learned former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe is meeting with Senior DOJ Officials now, making his final case to keep his job. I am told one Officials in the meeting is long time senior DOJ official Scott Schools. @foxnewspolitics @FoxNews
    — Jake Gibson (@JakeBGibson) March 15, 2018

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...n-vests-report

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jan2017

If McCabe makes it to his 50th birthday on Sunday still employed by the federal government, he gets to retire now - at age 50 with full benefits.
    He has been on paid leave anyway, just to make it to his 50th as an "official" federal employee -
    so it has already just been a big lie that he is still working.

Jan2017

IG could soon release explosive report on FBI's Clinton probe, as Sessions weighs firing McCabe

The Department of Justice’s inspector general could soon release his expected explosive report detailing a more than yearlong review
    of the FBI and DOJ’s Hillary Clinton investigation – an effort that has already put top FBI official Andrew McCabe and his pension in jeopardy.

Over the last year, Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz has been reviewing the FBI and DOJ’s actions related to
    its investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.

Horowitz has told lawmakers he is aiming to release the report in the “March, April time period.”

On Wednesday, fresh evidence emerged that Horowitz may be winding down his efforts. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is considering
    firing McCabe over the findings in Horowitz’s review, sources said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ng-mccabe.html

This is only scratching the surface of McCabe (and Mueller) 'color of law' ops as criminal/FBI overlords.

Jan2017

FBI's Andrew McCabe Should Be More Worried About Prison Than His Pension

Embattled Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe is scheduled to retire on Sunday with a full pension unless Attorney General Jeff
    Sessions decides to fire him by 5 p.m. Friday.

McCabe is accused of allowing political bias to interfere in the FBI's criminal investigation of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
    and leaking confidential information to the media. He is also accused of lying to investigators about his contact with reporters and
    abusing the FISA system to spy on Americans associated with the Trump campaign.

McCabe was recently recommended for termination by the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility after Department of Justice
    Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who is expected to release a full report about the way the FBI handled the Clinton email investigation,
    reportedly found severe wrongdoing.
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...nsion-n2461654

FBI's Andrew McCabe Should Be More Worried About Prison Than His Pension
    That made me laugh bitterly.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Andrew McCabe, the former deputy director of the FBI and a frequent target of President Donald Trump, was fired Friday, days before his formal retirement. The firing of McCabe, a civil servant who has been at the bureau for more than two decades, could significantly affect his pension.

Sessions said late Friday in a statement:

“After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).
    “The FBI’s OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor ― including under oath ― on multiple occasions.
    The FBI expects every employee to adhere to the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and accountability. As the OPR proposal stated, “all FBI employees know that lacking candor under oath results in dismissal and that our integrity is our brand.”
    Pursuant to Department Order 1202, and based on the report of the Inspector General, the findings of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility, and the recommendation of the Department’s senior career official, I have terminated the employment of Andrew McCabe effective immediately.
    McCabe responded to the firing in a lengthy statement.
    "The investigation by the Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) has to be understood in the context of the attacks on my credibility," McCabe wrote.
    He continued:

The investigation flows from my attempt to explain the FBI’s involvement and my supervision of investigations involving Hillary Clinton. I was being portrayed in the media over and over as a political partisan, accused of closing down investigations under political pressure. The FBI was portrayed as caving under that pressure, and making decisions for political rather than law enforcement purposes. Nothing was further from the truth. In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau, and to make clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-fb...020008530.html

It's not enough but hopefully it is just a start.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

OUT OUT OUT!!! Drain the swamp! Whos next? Line em up.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I bet @Republicanguy would be willing to donate
    "The Patriarch"

One down...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Dunno what this clown did, but if someone inside is saying he's a crook then my only question is whether he has been fired prior to the date in question.

Well? Anyone?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Dunno what this clown did, but if someone inside is saying he's a crook then my only question is whether he has been fired prior to the date in question.

Well? Anyone?

ETA - ah, post #9.

Glorious. Small glory, but I'll take it.

Once again, no idea what he did/failed to do, so I will ask: is there anything chargeable? If so, does it appear he will be charged?

One of the neat side benefits of this is that it screws the pants off whatever family he might have. This is how it should be for "public servants". They should all think a hundred times before stepping outside the ranks of boyscouts. Let them crap themselves with worry for violation of the public trust and let them rat their fellows out in the knowledge that any failure to do so will result in things like this, and worse. That is what America needs in its servants - a low-intensity, creeping, constant, stomach-eroding dread that they will have committed a violation, or failed to have committed an act of correction in the name of the public trust that, when discovered will result in what could amount to a lifetime's work reduced to ash, not to mention prison time. I am thinking that civil forfeiture pro-rated from the time of the first offense, defining the proportion of career time tainted by the act would also be very much motivational. For example, if you have twenty years in and committed an unconfessed violation in year 6, you would forfeit 60% of all your holdings, which would stand to have seriously deleterious effects on your family's interests.

Note "unconfessed". That is the carrot in this scheme. If you transgress and immediately come clean prior to having been discovered, certain consequences would come off the table. Depending on the offense, particularly if it happened accidentally, one might even retain his position. Ratting out all those involved, however, would be an unconditional requirement for not going to prison for a lengthy stay at hard labor.

Leave the architecture to me and I would have government workers so straight, so fast, America would not even be able to wrap its shriveled little brains around the new reality.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

How much is that pension ? I will be happy when the fbi and cia are abolished.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    One down...
    this is a chain of events now . . . McCabe was a definite seditious conspirator in a scheme - coup really - to undermine the authority of the United States of America.

What FISA court - the classified court - charges for McCabe to face as violating it's Wood Procedure Rule - it's like treason

Andrew McCabe gets some pension at 57 now - instead of 50 - and goes down - really down - in US history forevah.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

LOL
    The funniest/saddest part is that this moron thinks 75k is anywhere near what a leech of his status would have been getting in retirement.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sessions said late Friday in a statement:

“After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).

The FBI’s OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor ― including under oath ― on multiple occasions.
    This is basically how it seemed like Sessions was doing it. He wanted to use established process, procedure and personnel. It's not a fast process, and probably would not have happened without right-wing pressure and someone like Sessions being a stickler for process.

I wouldn't call this proof that the system can police or investigate itself, just that it can work under the right circumstances. And if there is no prosecution, then it is just a slap on the wrist.

McCabe: ...
    In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau, and to make clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed.
    LOL. "I did it for the FBI! Come on guys, back me up here! It's an attack on the FBI!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I am not sure why I am being mentioned but I hope McCabe looses his pension I think he has made enough off of our backs.
    The next step should be prosecution and conviction. McCabe needs to be treated like all of the mundanes, peons and lessers that he has persecuted over his career.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The next step should be prosecution and conviction. McCabe needs to be treated like all of the mundanes, peons and lessers that he has persecuted over his career.
    I am a supporter of that idea.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I am a supporter of that idea.
    One single count of seditious conspiracy carries 20 years ?
    Strozh and Page are the element of two needed, other conspirators can be tagged in with the convening of a grand jury for indictment in the upcoming . . .

United States of America v. Andrew George McCabe (DOB 03.18.68 - almost 50 years old !), et al.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    ETA - ah, post #9.

Glorious. Small glory, but I'll take it.

Once again, no idea what he did/failed to do, so I will ask: is there anything chargeable? If so, does it appear he will be charged?

One of the neat side benefits of this is that it screws the pants off whatever family he might have. This is how it should be for "public servants". They should all think a hundred times before stepping outside the ranks of boyscouts. Let them crap themselves with worry for violation of the public trust and let them rat their fellows out in the knowledge that any failure to do so will result in things like this, and worse. That is what America needs in its servants - a low-intensity, creeping, constant, stomach-eroding dread that they will have committed a violation, or failed to have committed an act of correction in the name of the public trust that, when discovered will result in what could amount to a lifetime's work reduced to ash, not to mention prison time. I am thinking that civil forfeiture pro-rated from the time of the first offense, defining the proportion of career time tainted by the act would also be very much motivational. For example, if you have twenty years in and committed an unconfessed violation in year 6, you would forfeit 60% of all your holdings, which would stand to have seriously deleterious effects on your family's interests.

Note "unconfessed". That is the carrot in this scheme. If you transgress and immediately come clean prior to having been discovered, certain consequences would come off the table. Depending on the offense, particularly if it happened accidentally, one might even retain his position. Ratting out all those involved, however, would be an unconditional requirement for not going to prison for a lengthy stay at hard labor.

Leave the architecture to me and I would have government workers so straight, so fast, America would not even be able to wrap its shriveled little brains around the new reality.
    Osan for Grand Inquisitor.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The funniest/saddest part is that this moron thinks 75k is anywhere near what a leech of his status would have been getting in retirement.
    Worse yet is that he doesn't know McCabe is already rich beyond what this slob could possibly imagine.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast