Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog dies after United flight attendant forces it into overhead bin

Exclamation Dog dies after United flight attendant forces it into overhead bin

Of course, questioning one of these flying fascists is like confronting a cop.

At the drop of a hat they will have you dragged off and arrested as soon as you hit the ground.

That said, I'm at a loss to determine what being in the overhead storage would do to cause a dog to die.

It's non air-tight, pressurized and heated.

Dog dies after United flight attendant forces it into overhead bin

https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/dog-di...-overhead-bin/

By Christian Gollayan March 13, 2018 | 2:55pm | Updated

On Monday night, a dog died in a plane after a United Airlines flight attendant forced the dog into an overhead bin.

Maggie Gremminger, a passenger on a flight from Houston to New York’s LaGuardia Airport, uploaded a photo of the dog’s owners on Twitter. “I want to help this woman and her daughter. They lost their dog because of an @united flight attendant. My heart is broken,” reads the image caption.

The Points Guy reports that during their flight, an attendant insisted that the woman put her dog, which was held in a TSA-approved pet carrier, in an overhead bin for the rest of the flight.

Passengers heard barking during the flight, but didn’t learn that the dog had died until the flight was over.

“There was no sound as we landed and opened his kennel,” passenger June Lara writes in a Facebook post. “There was no movement as his family called his name. I held her baby as the mother attempted to resuscitate their 10 month old puppy.”

Gremminger’s and Lara’s posts about the ordeal are now going viral on social media. United is facing online backlash.

“Another reason I will never ever fly or support doing business with United Airlines!” one Twitter user writes.

A United spokesperson addressed the incident in a statement to The Points Guy: “This was a tragic accident that should never have occurred, as pets should never be placed in the overhead bin. We assume full responsibility for this tragedy and express our deepest condolences to the family and are committed to supporting them. We are thoroughly investigating what occurred to prevent this from ever happening again.”

According to United’s website, its policy for onboard pets is: “A pet traveling in cabin must be carried in an approved hard-sided or soft-sided kennel. The kennel must fit completely under the seat in front of the customer and remain there at all times.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    story doesn't make sense. why would placing it in bin cause death? what kind of container was the pet in? was the dog dead before they placed it in overhead bin? 3 hour long flight, did they not check in on it? water, food, etc?
    Last edited by Danke; 03-13-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    story doesn't make sense. why would placing it in bin cause death? what kind of container was the pet in? was the dog dead before they placed it in overhead bin? 3 hour long flight, did they not check in on it? water, food, etc?
    That's what I was thinking as well.

I can't see anything about being put in overhead storage that would be particularly harmful to a dog.

"Of course, questioning one of these flying fascists is like confronting a cop.

At the drop of a hat they will have you dragged off and arrested as soon as you hit the ground."

malarkey. ask for the pilots to get involved. I will not let some irrational female flight
    attendant (or gay male one) abuse my passengers. I need to listen to their concerns. (you know, you're married), but I also know they often blow things out of proportion. I am in charge, not the flight attendants.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"[COLOR=#333333]malarkey. ask for the pilots to get involved. I will not let some irrational female flight attendant (or gay male one) abuse my passengers. I need to listen to their concerns. (you know, you're married), but I also know they often blow things out of proportion. I am in charge, not the flight attendants.
    I'll keep that in mind.

At the drop of a hat they will have you dragged off and arrested as soon as you hit the ground."

malarkey. ask for the pilots to get involved. I will not let some irrational female flight
    attendant (or gay male one) abuse my passengers. I need to listen to their concerns. (you know, you're married), but I also know they often blow things out of proportion. I am in charge, not the flight attendants.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'll keep that in mind.

I know the jeopardy a passenger might feel trying to bypass the flight attendants in the back of the aircraft. But certainly on the ground, ask to stick your head in the cockpit with any concerns. Even to just say hi and make small talk. Rational men can reason with each other. female pilots too. Sometimes (often times) they are even harder on irrational flight attendants than male pilots dare to be.

Whenever some flight attendant is trying to give me $#@!, I pause for a few seconds in a confused look and then ask, "were we married to each other before?" Passengers always laugh at that come back.
    Last edited by Danke; 03-14-2018 at 12:02 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of these days there is going to be an altercation between AF and a flight attendant, and he will ask to get the pilot involved.

Danke will come walking out, and AF will try to explain why he shouldn't have to turn off the people of walmart screensaver on his iPad.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

funny, but unlike marriage, there are laws backing up the governance wrt the chain of command. Flight Attendants always lose trying to challenge that.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    One of these days there is going to be an altercation between AF and a flight attendant, and he will ask to get the pilot involved.

Danke will come walking out, and AF will try to explain why he shouldn't have to turn off the people of walmart screensaver on his iPad.
    in that case I will back the Flight Attendant.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

A different take in the Yahoo story, where passengers claim the stewardess was lying.

Excerpts from Yahoo story:

Unable to protest further, Robledo, who also was traveling with a newborn, said the flight attendant helped her place the dog into the overhead bin and closed the door. But something felt wrong, the family said.

...her mom had even asked if she could carry the dog in her lap, but the flight attendant refused.

The family also said that the dog barked multiple times during the flight, but they were unable to check on him because of turbulence.

The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, which represents United employees, said in a statement, "We feel deeply for the pet owner who experienced this tragic event. This was clearly a terrible accident as there is not a single Flight Attendant working for any airline who would knowingly direct a passenger to put their pet in an overhead bin. We look forward to working with the industry to achieve real solutions that will avoid such a terrible accident."

People never seem to learn the lesson of the Milgram experiment:

The Milgram experiment on obedience to authority figures was a series of social psychology experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram. They measured the willingness of study participants, men from a diverse range of occupations with varying levels of education, to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts conflicting with their personal conscience. Participants were led to believe that they were assisting an unrelated experiment, in which they had to administer electric shocks to a "learner." These fake electric shocks gradually increased to levels that would have been fatal had they been real.

The experiment found, unexpectedly, that a very high proportion of people would fully obey the instructions, albeit reluctantly.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-14-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

That's what I was thinking as well.

I can't see anything about being put in overhead storage that would be particularly harmful to a dog.
    Maybe there wasn't an adequate air supply inside the overhead bin and the dog suffocated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Maybe there wasn't an adequate air supply inside the overhead bin and the dog suffocated.
    Are they airtight?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hard to say, I'm pretty sure the doors are not airtight and that there are vents in the back.

Hard to say, I'm pretty sure the doors are not airtight and that there are vents in the back.

That is what I thought.

I wonder if anyone is going to determine the cause of death before blaming the airline, perhaps the dog was going to die no matter where it was.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    [IMG]https://********************************/2018/03/180313-dead-puppy-united-flight-feature.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop= 1[/IMG]

I saw this unfolding live on twitter. It was in an airline approved animal crate. It did indeed fit under the seat. The woman who posted about it originally wasn't the puppy's owner. It was another passenger who was sitting near her. Her account is now private, so I can't link the original tweet. She said the passenger tried to tell the flight attendant that the rules say the crate had to go under the seat, but the FA wasn't having any of that.

Later, the FA claimed she wasn't aware there was a dog in the crate, but the passengers clearly heard her tell the owner to put "the dog" in the overhead bin.
    Last edited by angelatc; 03-14-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    [IMG]https://********************************/2018/03/180313-dead-puppy-united-flight-feature.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop= 1[/IMG]

I saw this unfolding live on twitter. It was in an airline approved animal crate. It did indeed fit under the seat. The woman who posted about it originally wasn't the puppy's owner. It was another passenger who was sitting near her. Her account is now private, so I can't link the original tweet. She said the passenger tried to tell the flight attendant that the rules say the crate had to go under the seat, but the FA wasn't having any of that.

Later, the FA claimed she wasn't aware there was a dog in the crate, but the passengers clearly heard her tell the owner to put "the dog" in the overhead bin.

looks like the dog is just playing dead.

they do that.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

looks like the dog is just playing dead.

they do that.
    Besides, she has a Coach purse. She can afford another dog. #AmIRite?

That is what I thought.

I wonder if anyone is going to determine the cause of death before blaming the airline, perhaps the dog was going to die no matter where it was.
    I don't know these things. But if the bin was full, is it possible that there just wasn't enough air? I understand the doors aren't hermetically sealed, but maybe they seal well enough to keep most of the air from circulating?

Besides, she has a Coach purse. She can afford another dog. #AmIRite?

probably as fake as her story.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I don't know these things. But if the bin was full, is it possible that there just wasn't enough air? I understand the doors aren't hermetically sealed, but maybe they seal well enough to keep most of the air from circulating?
    It was a very small dog, I find it hard to believe it suffocated if the compartment isn't air-tight.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why did you kill this little puppy ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Why did you kill this little puppy ?
    He wanted to try out one of your recipes?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have never tried french bulldog .

Could have been shock.

I've flown a million miles in my lifetime, on all manner of different aircraft and cabin configurations and am having a hard time envisioning a scenario where suffocation could have happened, unless maybe there were other bags tightly sealing the dog crate packed in around it.

Dunno what happened here, other than to say another miserable flight experience for another family after being bossed around and barked at by the flying fascists.

Flew Southwest recently, had some mincing fairy FA giving me grief about confirming my seat belt was fastened.

I sell dog meat in China, where Oyarde's ancestors are from.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I sell dog meat in China, where Oyarde's ancestors are from.
    I knew it .

It was a very small dog, I find it hard to believe it suffocated if the compartment isn't air-tight.
    The animal was likely already under some stress from travel - not to mention the added stress of an altercation and being stuffed into a dark bin, while having everything shaking due to bad turbulence. Stress probably lead to increased respiration... Those bins are almost always packed (ever since airlines started charging for checked bags - people back everything they fking own in their carry-ons, just to save $20)

This dude had a mask on that wasn't air tight, and still expired. Granted, not at the hands of a flight attendant, but a similarly uniformed tyrant none the less.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Could have been shock.

I've flown a million miles in my lifetime, on all manner of different aircraft and cabin configurations and am having a hard time envisioning a scenario where suffocation could have happened, unless maybe there were other bags tightly sealing the dog crate packed in around it.

Dunno what happened here, other than to say another miserable flight experience for another family after being bossed around and barked at by the flying fascists.

Flew Southwest recently, had some mincing fairy FA giving me grief about confirming my seat belt was fastened.
    Have you been stuffed in overhead baggage?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast